IMR Acoustics IMR-R1?
Aug 16, 2017 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

visia

500+ Head-Fier
Aug 16, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 25
The design is definitely reminiscent of the Trinity Hunter. Perhaps this is Bob's new project; he did hint that he had something in the works.

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 25
Yes this is his newest brainchild.
"This is the IEM I always wanted to create. Beautifully detailed, excellent tonal balance, superb instrument placement and a sound stage to die for." - Bob
Question is why didn't he try that with Trinity? Huh.

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 25
I haven't had the chance to listen to my Hunter yet, but I guess I'll find out how close he got to that sound profile when I do.

Aug 16, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 25
I got the email. If this is a new company, you don't just get to take all your previous customer's email addresses with you. That's shady as all hell.

Except, it's probably not really a new company. Not if Bob is supposed to still be in the 4-week hand-over period with Trinity, and not if they're almost certainly located at the same place (The Mill, Derbyshire? I would hazard a guess that it is the same De Bradelei Mill area where Trinity can be found).
Bob was apparently going to be making changes to his working and personal life, then this new product with a new configuration is supposed to ship in... less than two months? And hey, there's that pre-order discount again.

It might be totally innocent in intent, Bob striking out on his own again. It's just that it seems like they wanted to pivot again, make another new high-priced line and go back on some Trinity promises (preorder discount, and this thing has 2 pin cables, to be fair that is a good thing - but I got the impression Bob was the biggest opponent of using them?), and felt a 'new' brand was better than trying to fix Trinity's rep. Fair enough, in that regard.

As always - with anything Trinity has ever tried to do, too - this could, potentially, work out just fine. I'm sure not paying 500 pounds to find out, though.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #10 of 25
So Bob left Trinity Audio stating that he will "make some big changes to his working and personal life", and it turns out he is starting another company with the same template as before... I am not sure what to say... I have ordered both phantom air and master 6, and I am currently still waiting for them after more than a year (and TA won't give me a refund due to the KS BS). If Bob had time for another company, what didn't he work things out on the phantom air/master 6, instead of just leaving Trinity and starting another brand? When Bob left Trinity, I recalled from one of the threads here on Headfi of him apologizing about the delays because he had to take care of his boy, so I was like "oh, that's understandable...maybe he is busy taking care his family. I'll be more patient and wait a bit longer". After learning about IMR, I feel kind of cheated.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #11 of 25
I guess the delays have more to do with their suppliers (which doesn't mean they didn't do many things stupidly wrong) so my guess is that Bob himself did have plenty of time to develop new stuff in the mean time. It's possible he grew tired of the way things were handled by TA and wanted to start something new alone and took this "baby" with him, which probably was planned as a future TA product.

Of course it is entirely possible that TA and IMR are basically still the same company with two subsidiaries or that they will all try to merge into IMR and let TA behind once (hopefully) all the orders have been shipped and follow a different strategy with a clean slate. Could also be that Bob had issues with the rest of the team and is really doing his own thing now and is knowingly trying to make profit with less customers (ergo less stress) alone and possibly with fewer but more premium/expensive products.

Generally I wouldn't throw him (/them?) under the bus just yet without knowing all the details about IMR.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #12 of 25
Did they have problem with their suppliers or did they run into cash flow issues? It's all speculations of course.
The new guy from Trinity, Dan, said their discounts and preorders and current business model, simply put it, did not work.
Looks like smoke and mirrors to me and another attempt to try and raise more money with preorders.
I want nothing to do with them or Trinity and definitely don't appreciate them using/ sharing/ selling my email address.

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #14 of 25
Did they have problem with their suppliers or did they run into cash flow issues? It's all speculations of course.
The new guy from Trinity, Dan, said their discounts and preorders and current business model, simply put it, did not work.
Looks like smoke and mirrors to me and another attempt to try and raise more money with preorders.
I want nothing to do with them or Trinity and definitely don't appreciate them using/ sharing/ selling my email address.

I should have received my Icarus III today according to the post notice. Unfortunately I wasn't home to collect them but I should get them by tomorrow. My point is: I have ordered them just last week and not having received the PM-6 on the other hand means there is something going on with either problems in the supply chain, specific problems with the product or just not satisfactory performance which still needs some tuning. If there were cash flow issues I doubt they would develop and actually deliver newer products to customers. But you're right... it's all speculations as of now, which is exactly why I would wait and see before criticizing him/them for this move already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back