IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Aug 11, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #694 of 698
Ι do have Timeless and Dioko
Spoken to Bob of IMR and he suggests 300-500hrs of burn-in for EDP ACE so it is too early to objectively tell.

On first listen though they are quite different tuning-wise.
EDP= substantial amount of bass with more sub-bass extension (DD-like), meatier midrange, a little rolled-off highs.
Timeless: cleaner bass response, comparatively a little distant mid-range, prominent highs.

Using Sennheiser IE Pro silicone tips for both with the foam filter removed for EDP ACE.

Attachments

• EDP VS Timeless.jpg
    EDP VS Timeless.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 0
Aug 17, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #697 of 698
Well,
After more than 100hrs burn in and serious listening with various genres I experimented with the filters. These indeed significantly affect the sound. I found the gray-blue combination (pictured) better than the initial black filter combo because bass is tighter while reaching low and the mid's-high's clarity and naturalness amazing.
Now after A/Bing this setting with my Timeless I found the latter with less controlled bass, distant midrange and somehow hot highs in comparison. Go figure.
And the sense of placement and imaging of EDP ACE is also addictive. I don't know if this has to do with the bone conduction driver but it is noticable whatever the reason.
Still haven't tried them on a balanced output.

Attachments

• 20220817_110608.jpg
    20220817_110608.jpg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 0
Aug 24, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #698 of 698
Maybe I post this also here. :)
Selling my EDP+ if somebody is interrested.
Classified listing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back