IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jul 8, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #661 of 698
Interesting. Thanks. I read a lot of comments that said they were easy to drive. I get what you're saying though. They will primarily be used at my work desk with a DAP that has pretty good power. I haven't used a portable amp in years, but I'll charge one up to play around with. I'll have to see what the planars sound like on the homes system as well.
Oppo ha2 and chord mojo make this pair sound like nothing else. Even my edp+ Is struggling to catch up with em

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #662 of 698
That is an amazing score!
the EDP is an incredibly balanced, natural, fluid and musical IEM. I regret selling mine, who knows, it may even be my original you got your hands on. Anyway the EDP is also has the least bass quantity (not quality) of any IMR offering. For me the best sound I got from it was black bottom / blue top which opens it right up for full spectrum, combined with a wide bore tip like Tennmak Whirlwind, Tennmak Strong Foam (new bee foam - I'm convinced is the same tip, different brand) or Azla Sednas. The wide bore will allow as much treble extension as possible to come out without veiling anything else.
Enjoy,iI'm rreally hhappy for you!
Thanks! :blush: I'm really looking forward to these. I've been on the BLON train since the BL03 exploded and I'm ready for something new.

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #663 of 698
Thanks! :blush: I'm really looking forward to these. I've been on the BLON train since the BL03 exploded and I'm ready for something new.
That’s going to be a massive step forward, right now the new fotm (flavor of the month) is the Arya, though I think that every moondrop release its towards the same harman target and you can easily kill all those hyped headphones with the tanchjim oxygen. Just in case you look towards that ship.

sorry if my comment sounds pretentious, had the Blon in my hands and it is an excellent headphone but sooooo much hype! Price ratio was good, but so far we’ve seen the Tanya, blon prometeus sounds like will be boarding that ship soon and the Arya coming in hard, all those are fine, but you can just put yourself up the game with one and stay with it. I get sick of fotm syndrome, sometimes reviewers don’t know what to come up with anymore to hype something

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #664 of 698
sorry if my comment sounds pretentious, had the Blon in my hands and it is an excellent headphone but sooooo much hype! Price ratio was good, but so far we’ve seen the Tanya, blon prometeus sounds like will be boarding that ship soon and the Arya coming in hard, all those are fine, but you can just put yourself up the game with one and stay with it. I get sick of fotm syndrome, sometimes reviewers don’t know what to come up with anymore to hype something
Not at all. I'm with you on that. For the price though, I had to try the BL03 and was truly shocked by how much I love them. Then the Mini came out I was floored because they still sound fantastic and are the most comfortable iems I've ever used. At one point I wanted to be an "audiophile" or at least a budget audiophile. But for quite a while I've been more into listening to music on gear that just makes me happy. Plus, I don't know anyone irl that can tolerate me explaining the difference between my Blons, se535, and R1, you know? I expect these EDPs to make me very happy.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #666 of 698
Nice one! I'm a little envious but completely happy for you! There's no way to know how many hours are on them so they could improve still further!

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #669 of 698
IDK, I just got the EDP myself (and they are awesome) but if you go back into this thread you will find some info. Like this from Feb. 2021:

There's a New EDP+ on the way. Just posted this over on the the Opus Mia Semper Thread:
Quoting Bob Re: EDP+
The EDP+ is fairly similar in overall size but with a more oval shape than the previous model. Isolation is the same but I will be including a separate face place that can be swapped out to run open for those that wish to.

Sound is a step up and it is mainly down to the ADLC driver which is utterly magic! Realism is kept but detail retrieval is a marked improvement and the bass is also cleaner and offers more changes in the tuning on the filters.

For me I would put the EDP+ above the Opus Mia in almost every respect.

Count me in!

What are the differences between sound of the original EDP and EDP+?

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #670 of 698
What are the differences between sound of the original EDP and EDP+?
I dont think @jon parker had the OG EDP but I did. He's got the EDP+, I don't.... But reading between the lines and taking queues from all that Jon and others have written the EDP+ will have more bass extension and definition with a little more trevble extension. These are my assumed conclusions having extensive experience with the original and reading that which has been written about the + Version. The OG EDP are exquisitelty natural, fluid and musical and the phrase you'll see over and over over again about the the original is something like this: "those drums, oh those drums" but that could also be said about vocals on the original EDP as well. They are unlike any other IMR creation before it. Not bass heavy but certainly not bass light but mids are the star of the show connecting the spectrums on either together. They really are something special.

Jul 31, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #671 of 698
I dont think @jon parker had the OG EDP but I did. He's got the EDP+, I don't.... But reading between the lines and taking queues from all that Jon and others have written the EDP+ will have more bass extension and definition with a little more trevble extension. These are my assumed conclusions having extensive experience with the original and reading that which has been written about the + Version. The OG EDP are exquisitelty natural, fluid and musical and the phrase you'll see over and over over again about the the original is something like this: "those drums, oh those drums" but that could also be said about vocals on the original EDP as well. They are unlike any other IMR creation before it. Not bass heavy but certainly not bass light but mids are the star of the show connecting the spectrums on either together. They really are something special.
I agree with your comment. EDP are very musical by itself, but considering their price they are a miracle. I love 'em.

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #672 of 698
Just given a list to EDP again and I just love them. Fluid fast bass and natural sounding. The mids really shine. Just listening P O R T A L S by Tesseract and the drums sound phenomenal.

Sep 5, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #673 of 698
Just given a list to EDP again and I just love them. Fluid fast bass and natural sounding. The mids really shine. Just listening P O R T A L S by Tesseract and the drums sound phenomenal.
Fun fact: Jay wasnt able to fly for the recording, so its the monuments drummer behind the kit, he executed flawlessly the whole set.

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #674 of 698
Fun fact: Jay wasnt able to fly for the recording, so its the monuments drummer behind the kit, he executed flawlessly the whole set.
Yep. Malyan did a excellent job performing with Jay's kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back