IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jul 10, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #197 of 698
Hi,

Yes. S/M/L and a M on the IEM itself.

Bass is clean. If you want to play with equalization, I think it would boost without distortion. I would rate it as adequate but not "basshead" level. Hip hop sounds good.
:thumbsup: Thanks for that.
I was hoping that it was 4 separate sizes, as I always seem to fall annoyingly between small and medium.
I'm thinking that if I can't get a perfect fit with the included tip I'll order some S/M Azla Xelastec to try out, if I can find an English language vendor that'll ship to the UK.
I hope the Xelastec combined with a bassy nozzle/filter will supply the low end I'm fantasising about (borderline basshead here, quality is slightly more important than quantity to me)
.......Bass is tight and perfectly adequate. Not booming. Bassheads look elsewhere, bass aficionados can stay........

........ think Bob might have lost his shirt on these.
I will send him a shirt.
LOL.

I hope my EDP turn up today :fingers_crossed:

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #198 of 698
I was hoping that it was 4 separate sizes, as I always seem to fall annoyingly between small and medium.
I'm thinking that if I can't get a perfect fit with the included tip I'll order some S/M Azla Xelastec to try out, if I can find an English language vendor that'll ship to the UK.
I hope the Xelastec combined with a bassy nozzle/filter will supply the low end I'm fantasising about (borderline basshead here, quality is slightly more important than quantity to me)

I have ordered these from Japan amazon to the UK. If you use amazon just change the site to japan and language to english.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #199 of 698
I hope the Xelastec combined with a bassy nozzle/filter will supply the low end I'm fantasising
MTMT Audio Hong Kong has them and they'll ship anywhere. I
just got the Azla Sednas from there and they are the best tip I have found for the RAH.

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #200 of 698
A lot of interesting tips on that site. Just when you think you have every tip known to man find all these.

Anyone tried these ones? They are all new to me.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...icon-with-foam-inside-eartips-2-pairs-3-sizes

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collections/eartip/products/epro-horn-shaped-tips-silicon-eartips-2-pairs

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-eartips-2-pairs-for-sony-campfire-fender-jvc

I'm a bit done with paying £20 for 3 pairs of tips now tho.

Dekoni bulletz a size smaller than I usually use is working nicely for me at the mo. Comfort was the main reason but I'm liking the bass a lot.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #201 of 698
First impressions on EDP black/black filters. Incredible, EDP is not an IEM of this price range. While i am writing i'm listening to Mr. Tambourine Man by Byrds, an over 50 years ol album. Gene Clark's voice is very present, tambourines are real and polite, Rickembakers are at their best and the bass is detailed. Soundstage is not extra large but sufficient and drum kit sound as i'm used to hear it. At this moment i'm happy i've bought my EDPs.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #202 of 698
First impressions on EDP black/black filters. Incredible, EDP is not an IEM of this price range. While i am writing i'm listening to Mr. Tambourine Man by Byrds, an over 50 years ol album. Gene Clark's voice is very present, tambourines are real and polite, Rickembakers are at their best and the bass is detailed. Soundstage is not extra large but sufficient and drum kit sound as i'm used to hear it. At this moment i'm happy i've bought my EDPs.
And they're only going to get better!!!

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #203 of 698
My EDP
Yes exactly like that, good job!

Do you have any other IMR to use it on to compare to the straight 2 pins plug. I have never used any angled connector.
I'm now listening to EDP conneccted through
Forza Audioworks Hybrid with angled connectors; no problem at all, very comfortable to wear.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #204 of 698
A lot of interesting tips on that site. Just when you think you have every tip known to man find all these.

Anyone tried these ones? They are all new to me.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...icon-with-foam-inside-eartips-2-pairs-3-sizes

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collections/eartip/products/epro-horn-shaped-tips-silicon-eartips-2-pairs

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-eartips-2-pairs-for-sony-campfire-fender-jvc

I'm a bit done with paying £20 for 3 pairs of tips now tho.

Dekoni bulletz a size smaller than I usually use is working nicely for me at the mo. Comfort was the main reason but I'm liking the bass a lot.

I'm also done paying through the nose for 3 tips that dont last (I'm talking to you Comply). I posted this in the RAH thread a few weeks back and thought it might be useful here too with a few updates:
In the last month I've been rolling through tons of different tips on numerous IEMs. It's still amazing to me how some tips can sound fantastic on some IEMS and horrendous on others. Anyway, I had purchased some months ago, the Tennmak Whirlwinds, the silicone tip that came stock with oBravo Cupids. I quickly learned that with their wide bore they were the best match for my RAHs as well but not necessarily for others. So, having numerous other earphones, I stayed on the hunt for great tip pairings for my other IEMs. I've been through Symbio W, Final E, Noble Silicone, Dekoni, Comply 400 / 500, Spinfit etc...

Anyway, about a month ago I got a message from Tennmak that they had just released a new Silicone Foam tip that were durable, fit well, isolate well, have a slow rebound and dont distort. They arrived a couple of mornings ago and they are very good! Infact, they are my new favorites in the foam category. I just left them this review:
"These are outstanding foam Tips. Very clearly the the best foam tips I've ever used. They are extremely comfortable, provide the best seal and isolation I've experienced so far and they don't slip. I've got a pair of very shallow nozzle Xelentos and they are notorious for slipping out of the ear and losing the seal even with Complies. The Tennmak Foam have fixed it! These things give an incredible seal but don't muddy the sound. They fit like foam but offer close to the clarity of Silicone! Great Job Tennmak. The arrived in my mailbox 30 minutes ago, I've already placed them on my Nobles, Xelentos, and IMR RAH. I just placed another order for 2 more boxes!"

That was Tuesday.
On Wednesday a package with Azla Sedna, Earrbond EBT, Symbio W and Queen Lab tips arrived. I slid the Earrbonds onto the Noble M3s and they completely transformed them. They give the bass more authority, better layering and definition, bring the mids and vocals forward and really unleash all the treble loveliness that comes out of that ABM. I didn't like the Earrbonds on any other IEM I tried them with but on the M3 they are absolutely astounding. It took a good IEM and completely elevated it.

In the meantime, I've moved the Azla Sednas onto the RAHs. For me these are the king of the RAH tips. They have the same wide bore as the Whirlwinds but they have better texture and grip and seal better - providing all the bass lovlieness and all the the treble clarity and resolution. As a second choice - its the Tennmak foams.

I haven't really enjoyed the Symbios on anything. They're too shallow for my liking and a bit stiff, so I dont get an ideal fit with them. Those who like them, like them a lot. They have a medium bore somewhere between the Azlas and the Final E - not the best match for RAH. I also tried the Queen Audio Hybrids, they're almost identical to the Symbio W but with a slightly softer foam. I'm cleaning up and selling the Symbios and Queen Labs for cheap if anyone wants to try them.

The Earrbonds are longer and narrower than the Symbio with a soft foam core so they fit quite differently. They work in perfect harmony with the Noble nozzle, at least with my ears, but The Nobles are the only IEM I like them on.

As for the e Horn Pro I heard good things about them from @Skullar on the RAH the thread. They seem to be one of his favorite with the RAH whereas the Azala Sedna and Tennmak Foam are mine. Time will tell with the EDP but since the EDP employs the same nozzle / filter system, I anticipate the Azlas and Foams will win it for me but who knows... that's why we roll....

When I'm out and about and traveling, I always bring along some foams because I know I can always rely on them and they seal & isolate so well. From now on it will be the Tennmaks; they are really good IMHO and have worked well with every IEM I've tried them with: TENNMAK 12pcs Ultra Strong Earphone Memory Foam Eartips Ear Tips

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #205 of 698
I put the Tennmak Whirlwinds on my LZ A6 today and they are a good pairing. ePro Horns make the Moondrop Starlight sing.
I am looking forward to finding the best match for the EDP once it comes here. I got the tracking info today at last, though apparently the tracking number is not yet in the system, because it returns an error.

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #207 of 698
Few days in and I'm not too happy about the cables (been never a fan of the stock cables anyway) - they slip out easily for me, nearly lost one when it came off in the pocket of my hoodie. Whereas on the RAH they would sit so tight, that they wouldn't move.

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #208 of 698
I'm also done paying through the nose for 3 tips that dont last (I'm talking to you Comply). I posted this in the RAH thread a few weeks back and thought it might be useful here too with a few updates:
In the last month I've been rolling through tons of different tips on numerous IEMs. It's still amazing to me how some tips can sound fantastic on some IEMS and horrendous on others. Anyway, I had purchased some months ago, the Tennmak Whirlwinds, the silicone tip that came stock with oBravo Cupids. I quickly learned that with their wide bore they were the best match for my RAHs as well but not necessarily for others. So, having numerous other earphones, I stayed on the hunt for great tip pairings for my other IEMs. I've been through Symbio W, Final E, Noble Silicone, Dekoni, Comply 400 / 500, Spinfit etc...

Anyway, about a month ago I got a message from Tennmak that they had just released a new Silicone Foam tip that were durable, fit well, isolate well, have a slow rebound and dont distort. They arrived a couple of mornings ago and they are very good! Infact, they are my new favorites in the foam category. I just left them this review:
"These are outstanding foam Tips. Very clearly the the best foam tips I've ever used. They are extremely comfortable, provide the best seal and isolation I've experienced so far and they don't slip. I've got a pair of very shallow nozzle Xelentos and they are notorious for slipping out of the ear and losing the seal even with Complies. The Tennmak Foam have fixed it! These things give an incredible seal but don't muddy the sound. They fit like foam but offer close to the clarity of Silicone! Great Job Tennmak. The arrived in my mailbox 30 minutes ago, I've already placed them on my Nobles, Xelentos, and IMR RAH. I just placed another order for 2 more boxes!"

That was Tuesday.
On Wednesday a package with Azla Sedna, Earrbond EBT, Symbio W and Queen Lab tips arrived. I slid the Earrbonds onto the Noble M3s and they completely transformed them. They give the bass more authority, better layering and definition, bring the mids and vocals forward and really unleash all the treble loveliness that comes out of that ABM. I didn't like the Earrbonds on any other IEM I tried them with but on the M3 they are absolutely astounding. It took a good IEM and completely elevated it.

In the meantime, I've moved the Azla Sednas onto the RAHs. For me these are the king of the RAH tips. They have the same wide bore as the Whirlwinds but they have better texture and grip and seal better - providing all the bass lovlieness and all the the treble clarity and resolution. As a second choice - its the Tennmak foams.

I haven't really enjoyed the Symbios on anything. They're too shallow for my liking and a bit stiff, so I dont get an ideal fit with them. Those who like them, like them a lot. They have a medium bore somewhere between the Azlas and the Final E - not the best match for RAH. I also tried the Queen Audio Hybrids, they're almost identical to the Symbio W but with a slightly softer foam. I'm cleaning up and selling the Symbios and Queen Labs for cheap if anyone wants to try them.

The Earrbonds are longer and narrower than the Symbio with a soft foam core so they fit quite differently. They work in perfect harmony with the Noble nozzle, at least with my ears, but The Nobles are the only IEM I like them on.

As for the e Horn Pro I heard good things about them from @Skullar on the RAH the thread. They seem to be one of his favorite with the RAH whereas the Azala Sedna and Tennmak Foam are mine. Time will tell with the EDP but since the EDP employs the same nozzle / filter system, I anticipate the Azlas and Foams will win it for me but who knows... that's why we roll....

When I'm out and about and traveling, I always bring along some foams because I know I can always rely on them and they seal & isolate so well. From now on it will be the Tennmaks; they are really good IMHO and have worked well with every IEM I've tried them with: TENNMAK 12pcs Ultra Strong Earphone Memory Foam Eartips Ear Tips
Good write up. I think in general people will like Sednas and Whirlwinds most.

Sedna will be best all arounders giving good sense of space keeping midbass slam and not messing up treble.

Whirlwinds will have slightly wider stage than Sednas but they tame bass and smooth out treble if that is what you like.

Spiral Dots are also top tier tips. They for me give a slight boost in bass and enhance treble. Also wide bores make sure soundstage is wide.

Yes E-pros are my favourites. But i am using black bottom filters on IMRs always. And they are best on my LX too.
So as you can see all bassy iems.
They tame midbass while retainig subbass. Making bass sound speaker like and not bleeding into midrange.
But main reason i love them is top end sparkle and giving widest stage and increased seperation.
Though i dont think it would be best choice for bright iems.

I have received your recommended TENNMAK foams. Just need to try them out.
At the moment my best foams by a long shot are CA Marshmallows. We will see if they can be beaten.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #209 of 698
Few days in and I'm not too happy about the cables (been never a fan of the stock cables anyway) - they slip out easily for me, nearly lost one when it came off in the pocket of my hoodie. Whereas on the RAH they would sit so tight, that they wouldn't move.
You have to push strongly connectors into the socket. Yesterday i was almost afraid, my right connector was always slipping away from the socket. I pushed it into using much force and it enter into the socket like an hand into the glove. All ok now. Do you like EDPs? They are better than Tapes IMHO

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #210 of 698

That was Tuesday.

Thanks for this great info @holsen . Last week I was liking the whirlwinds/ tornados or whatever they are called. The ones that are coming as stock on KZ's at the mo. I think these are the best budget tips for the IMR's.

I agree with you that the sednas are a bit better & I usually end up swapping between the sednas and spiral dots. It's hard to

After moving away from foams on the Rah and trying many silicons and preferring them I'm back on foamies. I'll try the tenmaks as you recommend them I've been liking the dekoni bulletz. They seem to not affect the sound negatively like some foamies and are so soft they stay in place rather than constantly push themselves out like other foamies.

Can get them for a decent price from here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M0SGE1S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_otzcFbX6FHQYC

I will have to try the earbonds as well for another non IMR pair that is a bit like the m3 as have heard good things about them if you can pair them well. The names bond. Ear bond.

Thanks for trying the symbios & queen bee ones. I don't like the shape of them so wasn't sure but thought they may be interesting.

Will probably grab some ear horns as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back