IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jul 8, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #168 of 698
Tried to cancel my order yesterday to get a refund. Bob said unfortunately this is not possible as he sent the last of the units out yesterday. I'm pretty annoyed to be honest. I purchased the EDP at launch and was order #33 back in late February and I'll be one of the last to receive them. You would think that he would process them based on order number but I guess he's got another system.

I still have no tracking/shipping info, he said that I'd have it "shortly" and that was two weeks ago. Who knows how long it's gonna take but after purchasing three IEM's from Bob this is probably going be my last.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #169 of 698
I can understand your frustration. It is just very frustrating and is a real test of patience. I still don't get it really. I'm getting stuff I'm ordering from China in about a week at the mo & the post has been fine for me during covid so that isn't the reason.

It is good to hear that everything has now been sent out now though. In that case everyone in the UK should have all they ordered by the weekend.

As hard as the wait is it's worth it when you put them in your ears.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #170 of 698
Tried to cancel my order yesterday to get a refund. Bob said unfortunately this is not possible as he sent the last of the units out yesterday. I'm pretty annoyed to be honest. I purchased the EDP at launch and was order #33 back in late February and I'll be one of the last to receive them. You would think that he would process them based on order number but I guess he's got another system.

I still have no tracking/shipping info, he said that I'd have it "shortly" and that was two weeks ago. Who knows how long it's gonna take but after purchasing three IEM's from Bob this is probably going be my last.
It is certainly difficult / more frustrating to deal with smaller companies compared to larger ones, or buying things that are still in design and manufacturing rather than in stock.

if when you receive your EDP you aren’t happy with them I am confident you will find a ready buyer. I have (in possession or en route) every IMR IEM except the original R1. I will be thinning out my collection of more than 20 IEMs, 8 headphones, and other audio items myself, probably including some of my IMR products - not because of dissatisfaction but because I only have 2 ears... :)

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy the EDP and the frustration you feel subsides!

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #172 of 698
Which is your favourite IMR pair @jsmiller58 ?
I haven’t yet received the Halcyon (it is waiting at the Post Office for me), nor the PB1or EDP which are still en route, so my comparison is incomplete. Of the Zenith, Aten, Red, and Rah, I prefer the Red and Rah.

When I have collected the three incoming I will probably sell the Zenith and Aten (no listening time), the Rah (since I will have the PB1), and possibly the Halcyon (I will have to see how it compares to the others I will keep). But just speculation until I test things out. I have accumulated way too many IEMs and it is time to thin out the collection.

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #173 of 698
@jsmiller58 you may be one of only a select few to own both RAH and PB One. I was tempted, but since my RAH was so new and the PB was so similar I couldn't justify it. I am very curious and interested to know how much of a difference that larger planar makes. If you do sell the RAH someone will be very lucky to get it.

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #174 of 698
I haven’t yet received the Halcyon (it is waiting at the Post Office for me), nor the PB1or EDP which are still en route, so my comparison is incomplete. Of the Zenith, Aten, Red, and Rah, I prefer the Red and Rah.

When I have collected the three incoming I will probably sell the Zenith and Aten (no listening time), the Rah (since I will have the PB1), and possibly the Halcyon (I will have to see how it compares to the others I will keep). But just speculation until I test things out. I have accumulated way too many IEMs and it is time to thin out the collection.

Thanks it's interesting to hear your thoughts as you have tried them all.

Another shout out for the Red there.

Of the ones I've tried it goes PB1 > Rah > Aten > R1. There is no need to have the Rah if you have the PB1 and the Aten supercedes the R1's so I will sell the R1 to fund the next IMR's.

@jsmiller58 you may be one of only a select few to own both RAH and PB One. I was tempted, but since my RAH was so new and the PB was so similar I couldn't justify it. I am very curious and interested to know how much of a difference that larger planar makes. If you do sell the RAH someone will be very lucky to get it.

I was thinking about this last night. I'd be interested to hear direct comparisons between the PB1 and Rah but I feel the increased planar size from 12-14mm has an effect as great as the dd size increase from the R1 to R2.

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #175 of 698
I was thinking about this last night. I'd be interested to hear direct comparisons between the PB1 and Rah but I feel the increased planar size from 12-14mm has an effect as great as the dd size increase from the R1 to R2.

I had this exact same thought as to how to try and explain the difference as it is hard to quantify from memory. I thought the planar went 10mm to 12mm though.

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #177 of 698

totally get why you'd be upset, but bear in mind that its a super small business and COVID didn't particularly help, so patience is needed. you'll be holding some of the finest IEMs known to mankind in your hands, its totally worth the wait!

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #178 of 698
Tried to cancel my order yesterday to get a refund.

I feel your frustration. Do keep in mind that this is a very small shop in a country that has had the highest deaths/capita from Covid. My understanding is that Bob finished the entire line himself, probably putting in 15-20 hour days. As Gandhi said, "full effort is full victory" so although he may not have hit his hopeful deadline, I feel he has gone above and beyond in trying his human best. When I've reached out, he has been very kind. I hope to receive mine in a few days (USA). Good luck!

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #179 of 698
I mailed Bob today to ask about the status of my order. He replied in such a vague way that implied my order was sent in the last batch today, but didn't really say it expressly.
My order may or may not get updated with the tracking info in the next two days.

Jul 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #180 of 698
Hello, fellow hopeful waiters. It will happen. Mine just arrived (EDP). Took a few pictures for you, popped them in, and OH MY. Very nice, clean expansive mids, big ol' soundstage. Will take them for a full spin (I just listened to a single track—TIDAL Jazz Instrumental Masters MQA) and I'll report back. I'll also post unbox pics for anyone who is interested.

I think you'll be impressed when they arrive. Especially for the price. Insanely great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back