IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jul 6, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #151 of 698
My order says "Fulfilled" but still no tracking information. If I don't get my unit by mid-July, I'm going to write IMR to see what the situation is.

Jul 6, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #154 of 698
Got my EDP just now and after 20 minutes I can say its another masterpiece by Bob. Incredibly pleased. More thoughts later, especially how it holds up compared to my RAH

Glad they turned up & you are enjoying them. The wait is hard but always worth it when arrive.

They are coming in slow for sure. I have not received the Halcyon yet but in a way it has been good to have a week with the PB1 on its own.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #155 of 698
All three of my orders (EDP, PB1, Halcyon) are on the way... one at Heathrow just starting out it’s journey, one arrived in Miami on its first US leg, and one across the country just miles away...

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #156 of 698
All three of my orders (EDP, PB1, Halcyon) are on the way... one at Heathrow just starting out it’s journey, one arrived in Miami on its first US leg, and one across the country just miles away...

But which one is where? What order will you be experiencing them?

Also to get to Heathrow it has already started its journey that day or the day before and travelled half way down England.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #157 of 698
Good News Good news! What day did your first one to ship begin its journey?

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #158 of 698
Good News Good news! What day did your first one to ship begin its journey?
PB1 shipped first (June 29), then Halcyon (June 30), then EDP (July 3) - those at least were the dates I received the notice from IMR. But the second out of the gate - the Halcyon - will arrive first, followed by the PB1, and finally the EDP.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #159 of 698
I got the PBOne in hand today. Still tinkering with the filters (there's a dizzying amount of combos haha) but for now settled with the Red nozzle + Blue filter combo. The bass is as impressive as ever - near end-game. The treble has a nice sparkle on most songs but can get a bit sizzly on others. Mids are also mostly well done in this setup. There's the typical energetic signature of IMR IEMs but it's really enjoyable overall. Also: love the cable.

IMG_8100.JPG

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #160 of 698
I got the PBOne in hand today. Still tinkering with the filters (there's a dizzying amount of combos haha) but for now settled with the Red nozzle + Blue filter combo. The bass is as impressive as ever - near end-game. The treble has a nice sparkle on most songs but can get a bit sizzly on others. Mids are also mostly well done in this setup. There's the typical energetic signature of IMR IEMs but it's really enjoyable overall. Also: love the cable.
Congrats! That sizzle will settle down in the coming hours. My RAH's through several sonic shifts right up to 150 hours. You're in for treat. I finally settled on Blue / Blue with wide bore tips. First the Tennmak Whirlwinds and now the Azla Sednas.... The RAHs are amazing... The PB One must be incredible

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #161 of 698

The sizzle settled down for me and is perfect after about 130 hours now. They went very bright at around 40 hours and settled down again by 60 hours and continued to improve until now.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #163 of 698
So, initial impressions!

Wow, this one has an amazing resolution and stereo imaging. The RAH is already extremely precise, but the sheer weight of the bass (which levels out after 120h or so) surpresses some of the finer details. The EDP lacks the deep deep end oomph of the RAH, but that opens it up for the much finer details the planar can deliver. Stereo imaging and sound stage are immense and much wider than on the RAH with very great reproduction of micro details (i.e. I heard in one recording some super fine sound of the piano mechanics clacking, which I didn't hear with the RAH before). The bass is however still voluminous and beefy - it won't rattle your gums, but without any EQ i can hear the sub bass on some very heavyweight electronic music productions (i.e. Alix Perez or The Bug) sufficiently to please me (and I'm a serious bass head). The planar has also enough surface that you can feel certain instruments (like guitar plucking) against your ear, which is the gentle physicality only full size planars seem to add to music, and its the same here.

I must say that I enjoy the overall slightly rounder sound of the RAH, but the EDP is a stellar all rounder, the added clarity and imaging make up for loosing some of the bass impact.

Form factor is also really really great! I have never had any issues or discomfort with the RAH, but the EDP sits over the ear like a proper in ear monitor and isolation is indeed quite good - used it on the subway earlier today and didn't have to crank up significantly. I use memory foam tips by the way.

Will compare it a bit more with the RAH and my other personal favorite the Shuoer Tape!

Really glad I got it.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #164 of 698
So, initial impressions!

Wow, this one has an amazing resolution and stereo imaging. The RAH is already extremely precise, but the sheer weight of the bass (which levels out after 120h or so) surpresses some of the finer details. The EDP lacks the deep deep end oomph of the RAH, but that opens it up for the much finer details the planar can deliver. Stereo imaging and sound stage are immense and much wider than on the RAH with very great reproduction of micro details (i.e. I heard in one recording some super fine sound of the piano mechanics clacking, which I didn't hear with the RAH before). The bass is however still voluminous and beefy - it won't rattle your gums, but without any EQ i can hear the sub bass on some very heavyweight electronic music productions (i.e. Alix Perez or The Bug) sufficiently to please me (and I'm a serious bass head). The planar has also enough surface that you can feel certain instruments (like guitar plucking) against your ear, which is the gentle physicality only full size planars seem to add to music, and its the same here.

I must say that I enjoy the overall slightly rounder sound of the RAH, but the EDP is a stellar all rounder, the added clarity and imaging make up for loosing some of the bass impact.

Form factor is also really really great! I have never had any issues or discomfort with the RAH, but the EDP sits over the ear like a proper in ear monitor and isolation is indeed quite good - used it on the subway earlier today and didn't have to crank up significantly. I use memory foam tips by the way.

Will compare it a bit more with the RAH and my other personal favorite the Shuoer Tape!
Which nozzle/filter setup are you using on the EDP?
Really glad I got it.
Looking forward to reading your Tape & Rah thoughts.
The Tape is my current 'best' IEM and I eagerly await my EDP.
Which nozzle & filter setup are you using?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back