improving the bass of Shure se535
Aug 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

francannn

New Head-Fier
Hi, I need some help, I'm currently pairing my se535s with my Samsung Note 2. The clarity on these IEMs are amazing but I find the bass abit lacking, is there any way to improve the bass without disrupting the mids and treble?

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #8 of 12
well IMO the 535 is more of a quality vs quantity, it has quality bass, when i owned the 535 thought it was bass lite, but it will depend on your amp you are using, e11 isnt bad, but theres room for improvement. imo one of the best ways and cheapest ways to improve bass would to get either a C421 or C5 Amp. jds labs has really gotten the bass boost right, it doesnt sound synthetic, its imo a perfect bass boost, ive owned both the c421 and c5 and both amp's bass boost are best ive heard.

aside from that, really you are limited to a equalizer, but imo i never eq any headphones to me its too synthetic, have heard a eq bass boost app that sounds good imo.. thats just me though

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 12
I use poweramp from my android as well and I custom EQ for every artist to the way I like it for the two IEMs I use the most.
It may be a little too synthetic for your taste like Mooses9 said but if you don't want to spend more money on another amp or app...I guess that's your only option.

You will notice there is a bass and tone knob. Play around with that and fine tune it by just going up and down on each band on the equalizer and leaving each at the level you like. It may be kind of a noob way to do it but as long as it improves the sound for you there'll be no problem.

I don't own the SE535s so obviously there will be no use to tell you my EQ setting because its set to compliment whatever IEM I use.

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 12
You can fix your current issue by buying a pair of Aurisonics ASG-2 :wink:

Jokes aside, I upgraded to silver cable and didn't notice any increase in bass on the se535 so that's definitely not the way to go (no I didn't think silver cable was suppose to make bass more prominent but was just saying it didn't work for that either.)

Besides EQ or getting a different pair of IEM, I'm not sure what other options you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back