[IMPRESSIONS] UK Head-Fi Meet September 15th 2012 - Cambridge
Sep 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #62 of 92
Guys,

I don't want to deflect this thread away from attendees impressions of the equipment that they demoed last Saturday, so briefly...

Proposition - head-fi mini-meet in February 2013.

Location - my local village hall in King's Lynn (PE30 3SF).

Rationale - to demo the more esoteric kit that I couldn't display last time and for people to bring their own equipment, no retailers or raffle, just gear and music!

Cost - if 20 people commit it'll be £5 each payable in advance via PayPal.

Logistics - 90 minutes from London by rail or approx. 2 hours by road. I can offer rail travellers a free pick up and drop off from the station to hall and visa versa.

Beverages - Free tea/coffee and biscuits. Convenience store very nearby that sells sandwiches.

If you're seriously interested please PM me and I'll start a new thread for this.

Cheers,

Andy.

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #63 of 92
If an head-fi mini meeting is being planned for February next year in Kings Lynn then I'll ask Ian if he'd like to go,  if we did end up attending and anyone is allowed to bring their equipment again, there's a good chance we'll bring my K-01 this time. However I would only do this if the tables are a lot stronger than they were at the previous meeting. By that time I should have the Aristaeus so if we do decide to go I'll bring either that or the BHSE. If I did decided to bring the K-01 [ Strength of tables depending ] then those that want to hear what the K-01's like would be best to bring their own CD's, because they'd be used to hearing those CD's.

Dave.

P.S. IMO an iPod used with the 009 + BHSE does sound pretty good, but using the K-01 ?

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #66 of 92
Thanks for all the great work on the last show.....really enjoyed it.     I'd be keen to come to KL in feb depending on final dates.      I'd love to hear your ECP solid state amp with my Grado's.....Regards    Damian

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #68 of 92
Guys,

I'll start looking at a Saturday next February to hold the mini-meet on.  
L3000.gif

Incidentallythere's a nice little piece on the Cambridgeshire Deaf Association website -  http://www.cambsdeaf.org/ - acknowledging the donation of £1,150 raised from the meet. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Guys,

I don't want to deflect this thread away from attendees impressions of the equipment that they demoed last Saturday, so briefly...

Proposition - head-fi mini-meet in February 2013.

Location - my local village hall in King's Lynn (PE30 3SF).

Rationale - to demo the more esoteric kit that I couldn't display last time and for people to bring their own equipment, no retailers or raffle, just gear and music!

Cost - if 20 people commit it'll be £5 each payable in advance via PayPal.

Logistics - 90 minutes from London by rail or approx. 2 hours by road. I can offer rail travellers a free pick up and drop off from the station to hall and visa versa.

Beverages - Free tea/coffee and biscuits. Convenience store very nearby that sells sandwiches.

If you're seriously interested please PM me and I'll start a new thread for this.

Cheers,

Andy.

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #69 of 92
Quote:
Guys,

I'll start looking at a Saturday next February to hold the mini-meet on.  
L3000.gif

Incidentallythere's a nice little piece on the Cambridgeshire Deaf Association website -  http://www.cambsdeaf.org/ - acknowledging the donation of £1,150 raised from the meet. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Front page news! Quite right too; £1,150 is an impressive sum. I don't think nearly that amount would have been raised were it not for the huge number of raffle prizes to tempt people 
normal_smile .gif

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #73 of 92
I 've just shown my wife the Cambridge Deaf Association page that Andy posted.  We like the bit about "offering advice to fellow  members and generally having fun."

And we do, don't we!    Listening to my music through the D33, Borbely amp and Shure 1840 is the most fun I've had with my trousers on for a long time.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #74 of 92
Quote:
I 've just shown my wife the Cambridge Deaf Association page that Andy posted.  We like the bit about "offering advice to fellow  members and generally having fun."

And we do, don't we!    Listening to my music through the D33, Borbely amp and Shure 1840 is the most fun I've had with my trousers on for a long time.

Lol, you need to try headphone listening in your birthday suit, it's a hoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back