Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed
Oct 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #106 of 107
this little puppy has just everything i need!
so let s focus on the chip!
i changed amp, cans, but the hrt2+ is still there
if i have to upgrade probably i ll go for a balanced one ..

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #107 of 107
Hi guys,
I'd decided to go get the HRT MicroStreamer tomorrow, therefore checking prices at the local dealers when I found the Music Streamer II+ for even less than the Microstreamer. Which one is considered to be best sounding as a pure DAC? I know the Microstreamer usually is much cheaper, but its also a newer design and has got really good reviews. 

It will be the first part of my new Hi-Fi system, except for my AKG K550 phones and my PA2v2 headphone amp, probably later paired with a pair of KEF LS50 or Amphion Ion+ speakers, plus an <$1000 amp. DAC performance is the main issue to me as I already have the PA2v2 for my headphones. I have a NW-A1000 for portable use that sounds great with the PA2v2, therefore the portability of the Microstreamer is less important. I'm looking to get the best parts possible on a limited budget and prefer separate units to be able to upgrade separate parts later. 

I'm also wondering if there are different chassis available for the MSII+, the one featured on the dealers page is the one with hard edges, see image below.

Really excited to hear the performance of these puppys tomorrow! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back