Impressions: New Lawton Audio 'Angle Pads' (sheepskin/leather) PICTURES ADDED
May 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #136 of 187
Quote:
I'll have impressions of both (J$ & AP), compared + pics soon enough :)

Mark also responds within 48hrs usually. 
http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page7.html

Hey we need a new short name for angle pads - shall we call them: AP, or LAAP? :D?

Can't wait for the comparison!

Yeah, the site said that, but Mark hasn't responded in a week or so, so either it got overlooked, or I'm not getting his replies.  Every once in a while an email server is so graylisted my ISP won't even forward emails to me for the junk bin, they just get deleted before they ever hit the box.  It's rare, but I wonder if that's what's going on.

"I need to put my LAAP on my head"....sounds almost as bad as "I'm rocking out with Smeggy's Thunderpants!"

May 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #137 of 187
Is there a consensus on the comfort of the Lawton pads? I like the stock ones in that respect. I'm always tempted to mess around with my gear ... BUT I hate sacrificing comfort.

May 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #138 of 187
Quote:
Is there a consensus on the comfort of the Lawton pads? I like the stock ones in that respect. I'm always tempted to mess around with my gear ... BUT I hate sacrificing comfort.

Im the opposite.  One of the reasons im interested is comfort. For me, stock isn't padded enough and is too narrow in the front, and not deep enough for my ears.  If it improves staging and reduces fatigue then all the better.

These seem more of an obvious upgrade for both to me than the various HiFiMan pad upgrades do.  Id love to see Mark make a HiFiMan angle padwith some sort of ring upgrade too.  

May 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #139 of 187
Quote:
I'll have impressions of both (J$ & AP), compared + pics soon enough :)

Mark also responds within 48hrs usually. 
http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page7.html

Hey we need a new short name for angle pads - shall we call them: AP, or LAAP? :D?

How shall we call my D7000 with Lawton mods and pads, Lantinen cups and Norse cable then?
LaLaNo7000?
tongue_smile.gif

May 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #140 of 187
Can I impose on anyone to pm me an email address for Lawton? For the life of me his contact form will not accept the stupid Captcha text - I'm really growing to hate those things.

Thanks in advance.

May 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #143 of 187
I have my pads on order!  It looks like a 3-week wait until I'll have anything to report though!

May 16, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #145 of 187
Quote:
Thanks!
Again with the lightning fast service. Much appreciated.

First of all, I just had mnessages that HF was having maintenance while I was trying to post this.
Never, ever have i ever seen any other site seen handling maintenance so fast!
My compliments to Jude or anyone who is behind this all.

Pudu ... thank you for the nice comment!
Don't worry though, my (super)fast service will be billed to you at more than an appropriate rates.
Don't buy anything expensive anymore untill you got my invoice.  :p

May 19, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #147 of 187
Quote:
My Lawton's should be on their way tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

so you have to wait 1-2 weeks again right ?

i have just ordered the d.i.y mod level 2 package from mark( got the d5000 ). it includes custom cups, dynamat, angle pads. im from germany and delivery will take minimum 5-6 weeks :frowning2:

I am waiting eagerly for your comparison of those two pads. angle vs. jmoney.

May 19, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #148 of 187
Quote:

so you have to wait 1-2 weeks again right ?

i have just ordered the d.i.y mod level 2 package from mark( got the d5000 ). it includes custom cups, dynamat, angle pads. im from germany and delivery will take minimum 5-6 weeks :frowning2:

I am waiting eagerly for your comparison of those two pads. angle vs. jmoney.

I don't know how Mark does it but once he has actually shipped it took only two days to arrive and I didn't have to pay any customs fees either. I ordered twice from him and twice the same thing.

It does take time between the order and having your goods made though, that I agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back