IMPRESSIONS: Montréal August 25th 2012 Head-Fi Meet
Nov 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #76 of 82
HiFiMan are having a clearance sale on the RE-ZERO, they are 60$ on Head-Direct. Does any of you know of a Canadian retailer that has these in stock? I looked around the web, and found nothing. I figure a Canadian retailer with them in stock would also offer a sale of some sort.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #77 of 82
Quote:
HiFiMan are having a clearance sale on the RE-ZERO, they are 60$ on Head-Direct. Does any of you know of a Canadian retailer that has these in stock? I looked around the web, and found nothing. I figure a Canadian retailer with them in stock would also offer a sale of some sort.

Hey, go to Layton audio, we have the whole hifiman line :p

(I don't know if we can match 60$ for RE-ZERO though...)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #78 of 82
Quote:
I still have exactly what I had at the meet, and I'm not planning on getting anything new. Only my Starving Student changed, because it changes every day. This thing is a learning project, and once a week I get to tweak something on it that makes it better. I actually received another hundred dollars worth of parts this week to upgrade it, and they are waiting on the shelf begging to be hacked. Can't wait to try those NOS German tubes...

biggrin.gif

Concerning the HE-400, it's strange but for me of all the headphones I heard at the meet the HE-400 is the one I remember best. And I didn't even like it, I don't think I would ever buy one. It's heavy, and has a nasty treble spike that kills me. But that bass! Woha what a ride. The cleanest bass I've ever heard out of any headphones. If there was a known way to tame the treble spike that did not touch the bass in any way, I might consider it as a complementary headphone for electronic music.

But still. <3 HD800. It's sad they are so overpriced though.

The price on those Stax is actually quite reasonable. I thought all electrostatics were well into the 4 digits, which was why so little people owned them. I guess I'll have to go read on these, some day.

If it's hooked up to a computer, just EQ 16khz down 3db.  :)

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #81 of 82
new audio (mostly headphones) shop called MIX Audio, in Centre Eaton downtown.
they have Shure, Denon, Sennheiser, AKG. for example AKG Q701, Senn HD598, Amperior, Denon D2000 etc. not the higher end models of some brands but still quite nice.
saw all the most recent Shure IEMs there. and I heard they're getting Sennheiser Momentum up for demo this week. curious about that one.
and also FiiO amplifiers!

very nice staff too, quite impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back