[Impression] FiiO E12 Mont Blanc – Way to Pinnacle
Apr 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:
Other reviews are complaining about the EMI as well. Even if you're not using your cellphone as a source, it's still going to be in your pocket as you use the amp on the go. What was FiiO thinking not properly shielding this thing?

sorry, the lme49710 is very sensitivity for the GSM and Wifi signal. we try our best to decrease the EMI noise but we can't change the OP amp just for EMI.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #17 of 34
Nice review, thanks for writing it.

Have you noticed any improvement in sound stage (specifically) with added time (burn-in)?  Or any other changes?

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #18 of 34
I am thinking of buying a fiio e12 to pair it with my Cowon x9. I wonder if it could increase the power of my x9 and improve the sound. I am a little hesitant in buying the amp because my x9 does not have a LOD. Also if I pair it with my Galaxy Note 2 the Cellular and Wifi signal would ruin the experience.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #19 of 34
May 22, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #21 of 34
May 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Cool, thanks man. By default this is how I have my phone set.

Appreciate the response.

Still, you'll get some EMI when receiving a call. So it is not exactly a total fix.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:
Thanks for the great impressions ClieOS!

I have the E12, and am loving it for my ATH AD900X's (laptop - ele dac - E12). When I listen to my Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition iem's through it, they sound great, but I was feeling that the soundstage might not be as large as I was hoping for (or as large as others were purporting it to be). I now read your impressions about the E12, and thought that I had better try the gr07be's through my E11 (I just read your impressions about it as well). From what I can tell, I am getting a larger soundstage and transparency out of the E11 with my gr07be's (and it sounds very good). Very interesting! My E11 lives to see another day lol!

Is your E12 V1 or V2? If it's the V1 does anyone know if the AD900x will pair well with a E12 V2?

Edit: Sorry checked waynes gear and found out it was V1. So, anyone knows if the ad900x will pair well with the v2?

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #26 of 34
i barely got my fiio e12 and i was thinking to myself "can i use this amp to power my car speakers via auxilary input?",i dont want to try it for fear of messing it up. i bought them originally to power my akg k550 and they do an outstanding job. But ive been itching to here this amp in my car speakers, can anyone suggest or have any opinions on this idea?

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #27 of 34
I got one and returned it cause it felt more like a bass boost rather then enhancing the overall sq. Sound got muddy and lost detail...range...Then again, maybe my ps 500 didn't need an amp with iphone. At least I save money for a pc dac.

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #29 of 34
Anyone have any feedback on E12 battery life to share? I've had three of these now, the first two returned back to the seller with what I presumed were faulty batteries - I was getting at most 2-3 hours use - with the third amp lasting no better between charges. I'm using it with either a 5th gen ipod or iphone 5, on 50% vol and bass boost normally switched on. Is 12 hours really realistic? Surely I've not had three duds in a row?! Grateful for any comments.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #30 of 34
Anyone have any feedback on E12 battery life to share? I've had three of these now, the first two returned back to the seller with what I presumed were faulty batteries - I was getting at most 2-3 hours use - with the third amp lasting no better between charges. I'm using it with either a 5th gen ipod or iphone 5, on 50% vol and bass boost normally switched on. Is 12 hours really realistic? Surely I've not had three duds in a row?! Grateful for any comments.

I have had several occasions ran the E12 over 10 hours between recharging. 2~3 hours don't seem right. Even with the most power hunger headphone on full volume, I'll expect it to run over 8 hours. Are you sure you get it to fully recharged between use? It can take quite some time to fully recharge, especially if you do it on a PC's USB port on USB adapter will small current output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back