[Impression] FiiO E07K ‘Andes’
Jan 7, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #16 of 38
So if i buy the e17 it will work on my old e9? Great!

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #17 of 38
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, so I don't really know the rules. I was wondering if I could use the mini USB port to connect to my micro USB port in my Samsung Galaxy Note 2? I am asking because I feel it would bypass the internal DAC of my phone and allow for better sound through my V-moda M-100 crossfade cans. If I am wrong about any of this, or you know any way of using this amp better with my Note 2, please feel free to dwarf my otherwise already nonexistent knowledge in this area. My vocabulary may not be on point, but I am looking for an answer to what seems like a pretty straight forward question; so please answer it, before correcting me.

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #20 of 38
Is this amplifier recommended for HD 598, becuase I paired them with 598 and the difference is subtle

It's an entry level DAC/Amp, a good one but still entry level. What is the rest of your setup? What is your source material?

Cheers,
K

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #24 of 38
Any amp will only work with UE6000 in passive mode (assuming the ANC circuit is fully bypassed). In ANC (active noise cancelling) mode, the ANC circuit is driving the headphone driver directly and an amp will not help in SQ except making everything louder.

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #25 of 38
Any amp will only work with UE6000 in passive mode (assuming the ANC circuit is fully bypassed). In ANC (active noise cancelling) mode, the ANC circuit is driving the headphone driver directly and an amp will not help in SQ except making everything louder.

Oh yeah, I find out when I'm using the amp in passive mode, it improves the quality of the sound, while it does not have big differences when the ANC is on. Thanks a lot!

May 1, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #26 of 38
Kind of late but I would like to ask, will these be able to drive the AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones well or properly?

Thanks.

May 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #27 of 38
Unlike E7 which fixes at 5dB, E07K can go much higher in gain. However, if you are using a line-level input, I’ll suggest you stick to 0 gain setting, which should give you the cleanest signal. If you find the volume to be not enough, then increase it to the next higher setting.

Hi , Just wanted to say I totally agree with you .
I have an Audio-Technica ath-m50 and I wasn't satisfied with the sound stage at first.
then I bought E07k Andes and still felt the instruments were 10 cm from my ear...
but when I switched to 0 db gain, I was blow away by the sound stage comparatively ( if that's a word) 
though there is a catch ... the sound becomes thinner and I have to go back to default gain which is 6 db (when listening to classical music for instance)
thought I should share my experience! :wink:

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #29 of 38
  what does 7 vp-p <-- stand for? how do you calculate the mv output for this amp? does it go with per volume level?

7Vp-p gives you near 2.5Vrms, which is larger than a typical line level signal (2Vrms). In comparison, an older iPod is about 0.55Vrms in line-out. The new iDevice with Lightning-to-30pins adapter will give you a line-out of about 1Vrms.

I assume you mean mW not mV - you don't calculate it from just voltage since you will also need to know the current output specific to a load impedance. However, some of those number are available at FiiO website, under spec: > 220 mW@32Ω / > 250 mW@16Ω

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #30 of 38
hmm I started a thread about a bug on the e07k and that thread seems to have been blocked O_o epic. I can't open it since the day I posted it.

Fiio people oh why oh why! that bug was probably on the e07 which is now dinosaur and its still present on the latest model.

Epic fail, and dont lock the thread to hide that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back