IMOD from red wine is it legit?
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #32 of 51
Quote:
I've been reading a lot of mixed results on the comparison of the classic 7th gen and classic 5.5 gen both using LOD. Some people say the 7th gen sounds less full and lame, I'm gonna be using the c&c bh via fiio L9 so what do u think?

Quote:
You really have to listen pretty closely to hear the difference between the 5.5 and the 7 using LOD, as far as I am concerned. Honestly either one sounds good, I just slightly prefer the sound of the 5.5.

Edit: I am not referring to an iMod 5.5, just a regular one with Rockbox installed but not using any EQ.

I think that the line out on the Classic is a bit cleaner than the unmodded 5.5 but the 5.5 is a bit thicker and warmer. If you mod the 5.5, the line out becomes very clean.

The differences in sound between an iMod and the 7 are quite small. Synergy can be an issue. Using the IE800 as my main portable IEM now, I have no desire for a thicker or warmer source. A drier headphone might benefit though.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #34 of 51
I don't regard that 7G as thin but rather clean and neutral. And yes, you can alter the sound signature with an amp. Anything from RSA should warm things up. The P-51 Mustang is certainly a fine little amp if you want the RSA house sound.

If you want to thicken things with harmonic distortion, go with the RSA Shadow or the Headstage Arrow. I say Yuck! but that approach has its fans.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #35 of 51
Feb 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #36 of 51
Nah I'm sticking with my ipod 5.5 man I love it way too much. And I've heard through other sources that the Imod doesn't justify a price over 50 bucks. If I'm payin 250$ for something than it better sound DAMN GOOD not just a little better

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #37 of 51
I believe I did say you should try listening to one at some point in this thread. That's how you'll know if it's worth it or not. Good luck finding something else then. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #39 of 51
By finding someone who have one and then trying that imod while people have been saying it doesnt improve much , i have also heard that it can go on a punch out with an audiophile cd player

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #40 of 51
Check the meet up area. Maybe you find a meet up in the area you live and someone can bring one.
Quote:
And how do you suppose I do that huh

--------------------

This works too, The DAC inside the iPod 5th Gen is actually used in some really high-end CD Players back when it was newer. It has been claimed that it can go toe to toe with some CD Players provided you are using BlackGate Capacitors and a nice amp. These two parts are just as important as the modification itself to having a great overall experience. Also, the Capacitors need to have been burnt in, about 150-200 hours would do. 
Quote:
By finding someone who have one and then trying that imod while people have been saying it doesnt improve much , i have also heard that it can go on a punch out with an audiophile cd player

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #42 of 51
For the millionth time, yes. Go to the diyMod thread, look at the photos and when you see one with caps inside, message the person who made the post. Their are tons of them. The best way to put caps inside the 5th gen is to have the CF card adapter instead of a standard HDD
Quote:
I'm wondering g if I can put black gates inside my 5.5 since I have a cf card in it instead of the hdd

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #43 of 51
I'm not trying to start a fight, but I have been nothing but helpful here. You just seem to make me have to tell you the same exact thing. If you wanna be cheap about something, you gotta do it yourself. If you don't wanna take the risk on yourself, you need to find someone that knows what they're doing. Sorry if I didn't give you exact links to users that would help you, I have no idea where you live and so far you've been nothing but disrespectful to the type of community that Head-Fi is. Frankly, I find your repeated use of harsh language towards me and at other points in this thread unacceptable. 
Quote:
{Offensive things said here]

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #44 of 51
For the millionth time, yes. Go to the diyMod thread, look at the photos and when you see one with caps inside, message the person who made the post. Their are tons of them. The best way to put caps inside the 5th gen is to have the CF card adapter instead of a standard HDD
My bad dude didn't mean to blow up on u like that that lol I'm drunk. I know I repeat myself a lot haha sorry bro I know ur just tryin to help

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #45 of 51
My bad dude didn't mean to blow up on u like that that lol I'm drunk. I know I repeat myself a lot haha sorry bro I know ur just tryin to help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back