IMOD from red wine is it legit?
Feb 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #16 of 51
Have we not made it clear? The Line Out of the iPod 4th gen after the iMod service is disabled. It would sound like nothing but ambient noise coming in through the headphones. 
Quote:
What would you say sounds better an Imod 4th gen classic using a fiio L9 cord or a regular ipod 5.5 using a fiio L9 cord?

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #17 of 51
So I guess the 5.5 is my only option, only problem is I like the style of the fiio L9 cause its so compact so I gotta find one that has the cord coming out the side of the LOD and a right angle WITH black gates! Wow this will never happen

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #18 of 51
Email Vinnie from RedWineAudio. Last time I talked with him, back in July or August, he had some samples of LOD's with side exit with Black Gate caps in them. Never heard anything further about them though. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #20 of 51
Might also wanna find someone on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/269604/the-apple-diymod-my-take-on-the-famous-imod-56k-killer-featuring-3g-4g-5g-and-nano-1g

They might be able to help you get an iMod type modification with internal capacitors done to a 5th gen. This way you can use your FiiO LOD
Quote:
Many thanks

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #22 of 51
Not many are just gonna have it. I posted those links to help you. Go to the diyMod thread, ask there. Or look over the last few pages of the thread and find someone that sounds like they know what they're doing. Their are plenty of people that will do it
Quote:
If anybody knows where I can get an Imod for a 5.5 gen that puts the black gates inside please tell me

Quite a challenge here

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #25 of 51
The 4th gen Imod's line out is bypassed through the headphone jack, so you would need a mini-to-mini cable to connect to a headphone amplifier. If I were you, I would forgo the Imod and just get a 7th gen 160 gb Classic. The sound quality through the line out is close enough to an Imod to make spending the money for an Imod overkill. I had a 4th gen Imod, and now have the 7th gen Classic. It's pretty close.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #26 of 51
Quote:
The 4th gen Imod's line out is bypassed through the headphone jack, so you would need a mini-to-mini cable to connect to a headphone amplifier. If I were you, I would forgo the Imod and just get a 7th gen 160 gb Classic. The sound quality through the line out is close enough to an Imod to make spending the money for an Imod overkill. I had a 4th gen Imod, and now have the 7th gen Classic. It's pretty close.

I really liked my 5G (iPod Video) iMod but I have to agree that Apple did a great job with the Classic line out. It is clean and neutral.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #27 of 51
I really liked my 5G (iPod Video) iMod but I have to agree. Apple did a great job with the Classic line out. It is clean and neutral. With large capacity hard drive, metal face and bright display, I think that it is an excellent alternative to the iMod. 
I've been reading a lot of mixed results on the comparison of the classic 7th gen and classic 5.5 gen both using LOD. Some people say the 7th gen sounds less full and lame, I'm gonna be using the c&c bh via fiio L9 so what do u think?

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 51
Quote:
I've been reading a lot of mixed results on the comparison of the classic 7th gen and classic 5.5 gen both using LOD. Some people say the 7th gen sounds less full and lame, I'm gonna be using the c&c bh via fiio L9 so what do u think?

You really have to listen pretty closely to hear the difference between the 5.5 and the 7 using LOD, as far as I am concerned. Honestly either one sounds good, I just slightly prefer the sound of the 5.5.

Edit: I am not referring to an iMod 5.5, just a regular one with Rockbox installed but not using any EQ.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #29 of 51
You really have to listen pretty closely to hear the difference between the 5.5 and the 7 using LOD, as far as I am concerned. Honestly either one sounds good, I just slightly prefer the sound of the 5.5.

Edit: I am not referring to an iMod 5.5, just a regular one with Rockbox installed but not using any EQ.
I think I might do away with rockbox, I keep ending up liking it better and better with less stuff turned on. Plus it's a battery muncher

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #30 of 51
Quote:
I think I might do away with rockbox, I keep ending up liking it better and better with less stuff turned on. Plus it's a battery muncher

Only for you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back