Imitation DarkVoice amp circulating in local China & international market
May 5, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #76 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

By first declaring that there are cheap fakes on the market. Potential customers will be suspicious about good deals (which in reality are not fakes at all), and thus he can sell his own units for a premium price as a result.
It's a nice, but unethical, way to get rid of the competition.

Maybe I'm wrong, but until proved otherwise it's one possible theory.
I mean, if the only way to spot a fake is to look at the price tag this is the obvious result
smily_headphones1.gif

bull's eye
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

some head-fiers are smarter than the others, plus they speak more than one language, and they make a nice amount of money off the others. i am not saying Davis is such person, but i 've seen quite a lot of it in this forum.

May 5, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #77 of 120
I bought my 336i from Jasmine and transaction could not have gone smoother.
The unit works flawlessly. I think we all know that in case something goes wrong there is no much hope that all these sellers will respond accordingly but this is part of the game. Personally I doubt very much that someone might want to bother in imitating a relatively inexpensive amp with no so many potential buyers anyway. If mine is a fake I could not care less, I don't believe the "real one" would make any difference; yet I don't believe there is such a thing as the real and the fake dv amp.
wink.gif

May 5, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #78 of 120
I bought my 336i from Casque Hifi on Ebay. The whole experience was very good. The amp is very much the real deal, the unit itself, packaging, owner's manual, and warranty information. From this thread, I would only be suspicious of one Darkvoice dealer.
blink.gif

May 5, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #79 of 120
My question is: Why doesn't Darkvoice have a website, where questions could be answered, and a list of authorized dealers could be posted.
Right now it seems that you don't know who you can trust to buy from, or who to turn to if something goes wrong (like warranty work)

just my 2 cents, I'm looking for another amp myself.

JD
confused.gif

May 5, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #80 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by John D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question is: Why doesn't Darkvoice have a website, where questions could be answered, and a list of authorized dealers could be posted.
Right now it seems that you don't know who you can trust to buy from, or who to turn to if something goes wrong (like warranty work)

just my 2 cents, I'm looking for another amp myself.

JD
confused.gif

Strange indeed, hopefully we have some Chinese speaking members that could find it for us. I mean, there must be one, right?

A quick google found me this:
http://www.icson.com.cn/Items/ItemDe...px?ItemID=4452
Damn, those are cheap over there... that's 170USD
blink.gif

May 5, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #81 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange indeed, hopefully we have some Chinese speaking members that could find it for us. I mean, there must be one, right?

A quick google found me this:
http://www.icson.com.cn/Items/ItemDe...px?ItemID=4452
Damn, those are cheap over there... that's 170USD
blink.gif

Very interesting, that link you found!

I wonder why the same 336i amp costs twice as much to US buyers?

JD
confused.gif

May 5, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #82 of 120
Quote:

JD
confused.gif

not only you guys in the States. The shipping cost alone to Malaysia cost us the price of another 336i! Typical Chinese dealing method: offer cheap stuff, earn from shipping
mad.gif

May 5, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #83 of 120
The pricelevel is much lower over there

May 5, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #84 of 120
Yeah, same as cattylink.com. Shipping starts there from $140+ for an amp. Funny that sending the same thing from here back to them via EMS costs $60.

May 5, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #85 of 120
I think we've established that casque_hifi and jasmine_chine are both reputable dealers on ebay, as well as if you purchase directly from Jian Liu. I personally bought mine from jasmine_chine and I wasn't even worried when I heard about possible fakes. As long as you buy from one of those three, you can count on a smooth transaction and a good unit. I don't see why people would be buying from anyone else, especially something in the chinese market.

May 5, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #86 of 120
Yep, that's enough for me, I was originally planning to buy from casque_hifi...
...and that hasn't changed. At least I know to stay away form Davis.

casque_hifi looks like a good seller, however looks like he broke his 100% positive feedback yesterday... first of 693.

May 5, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #87 of 120
haha so casque_hifi is no longer 100%, that sucks; I got mine from them and they shipped reasonably fast and always responded to my emails right away. If you don't want any problems they are a good choice, I went with them instead of jasmine_chine because they had 100% but like it says on this thread they are both very good.

May 5, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #88 of 120
Quote:

JD
confused.gif

OK you guys want the Chinese price, but I bet you'd be screaming bloody murder if you were making a Chinese wage. Let's put things in perspective.
The amp competes very well with amps costing over twice the price here. IMO it outperforms the WA3, and driving the K340 I liked it better than the SinglePower PPX3-6SN7 which retails for $785.00 I believe. The amp is a phenominal bargain IMO, and I have no problem with the manufacturer making a realistic profit margin. Talk about the greedy American syndrome.
rolleyes.gif

So either order up or shut up. The whining is getting old.

May 5, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #89 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amp is a phenominal bargain IMO, and I have no problem with the manufacturer making a realistic profit margin.

Has anyone ordered their DV directly from the manufacturers? Do they charge the same for the shipping? I'm pretty sure the "surplus" from the shipping charge goes into the pockets of the middleman (Taobao sellers, ebay sellers).

By the way we're waay out of topic here. So any proofs on the "fake Darkvoices"?

May 6, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #90 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK you guys want the Chinese price, but I bet you'd be screaming bloody murder if you were making a Chinese wage. Let's put things in perspective.
The amp competes very well with amps costing over twice the price here. IMO it outperforms the WA3, and driving the K340 I liked it better than the SinglePower PPX3-6SN7 which retails for $785.00 I believe. The amp is a phenominal bargain IMO, and I have no problem with the manufacturer making a realistic profit margin. Talk about the greedy American syndrome.
rolleyes.gif

So either order up or shut up. The whining is getting old.

Isn't it OK to expect to pay the Chinese price converted to dollars,
if the amp is Chinese, and made by Chinese? I thought that was
main selling point of these amps, supposedly good HI-FI at a great price.

JD
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back