Imitation DarkVoice amp circulating in local China & international market
Apr 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 120

DAVISears

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am the authorised seller for DarkVoice amp in international market.
On last week I received a phone call from the manufacturer indicating there are 2 identified & 1 unknown imitation/fake DarkVoice sellers in local China market, we believe those amps have been circulating around in China/international market since some where in the middle of 2006.

If you have come across any seller selling anything below than SRP price please e-mail to me at here.
Especially those from ChengDu, ShenZheng or _________ (waiting to find out), please do not hesitate to contact us.

Official price list for international market (without tax) w/ shipping by TNT express are below.
THA 336i = USD333
THA 332 = USD430
THA 337i = USD877

Thank you.

Regards,
Davis

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 120
uh..Dark Voice is a Chinese amp! ...goodness...which probably imitates something else so...imitation of an imitation? NICE
blink.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVISears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I am the authorised seller for DarkVoice amp in international market.
On last week I received a phone call from the manufacturer indicating there are 2 identified & 1 unknown imitation/fake DarkVoice sellers in local China market, we believe those amps have been circulating around in China/international market since some where in the middle of 2006.

If you have come across any seller selling anything below than SRP price please e-mail to me at here.
Especially those from ChengDu, ShenZheng or _________ (waiting to find out), please do not hesitate to contact us.

Official price list for international market (without tax) w/ shipping by TNT express are below.
THA 336i = USD333
THA 332 = USD430
THA 337i = USD877

Thank you.

Regards,
Davis

Ok, let's do some math here. according to Taobao.com , the most popular auction site used by the Chinese, the "buy it now" price for 336i is 1360 CNY (or 176 usd); for 332 is 2400 CNY (311.5 usd); of course both are in 220V, not 110V they use in the states.

The authorized dealer's price here is 333 and 430 usd, which makes a great deal of difference. Currently on Ebay, there are sellers selling 240V DarkVoice for a much lower price(all below 300 usd).

Here comes my question. Should i just go buy myself a voltage converter then stick with a 240V, or should I pay the extra authorized 110V price? Help me decide please, thanks

Apr 30, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #7 of 120
If the version/built quality/parts used of darkvoice amps selling in China are the same as the ones being sold internationally, i do not see why they have to raise the price. Westerners aren't all rich.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the version/built quality/parts used of darkvoice amps selling in China are the same as the ones being sold internationally, i do not see why they have to raise the price. Westerners aren't all rich.
rolleyes.gif

They're not. The added expense is due to shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh..Dark Voice is a Chinese amp! ...goodness...which probably imitates something else so...imitation of an imitation? NICE
blink.gif

It's not a clone. They had permission to use the design, but they did moddify it to use the current tube lineup.

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #9 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're not. The added expense is due to shipping.

It's not a clone. They had permission to use the design, but they did moddify it to use the current tube lineup.

According to Ebay, shipping for 336i from asia to united states is between 60 - 70 usd, so the total is 236 - 246usd total w/ shipping, there is still quite a difference from 333usd.

and usually how much is for a good quality voltage converter cost? i am not so sure, tell me if u do.

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #10 of 120
Often there is a difference in parts and build quality between the Chinese domestic version and the International version. I don't know if Darkvoice practices this, but I know several other companies that do. I would advise people to buy from the official International dealer.

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #11 of 120
Before i got my CanAmp, Darkvoice 336i and 332 was in my list as well. In fact i e-mailed the Taobao.com seller and got his msn contact. We had a few conversations and and he never mention anything about charging extra for the transformer transplant. We're using 240V here in Malaysia and he told me that he needs 3 days to do the transplant. Most important: no extra charges.

IIanm, China is using 230V right?

I'm not sure the price posted in the first post is really the RRP or not. All i know is that if you understand Chinese, do not hesitate to contact the Taobao.com Darkvoice seller. Our local authorized Darkvoice distributor (refer to 1st post) sells the 336i for RM1600 (around USD457@3.5) whereas i can get it for RM1100 (USD314@3.5) if order from Taobao.com. Btw, i did not include the custom tax as the Taobao seller was very eager to under-declare the 336i down to USD100.

otakukage, they're selling the 336i for RMB1360, but the courier charge to send the unit to Malaysia is the cost of another set of 336i. Its not as cheap as what you calculated.

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #12 of 120
I'm a little confused here. Does this mean that Jian Liu, the fellow that has sold countless Darkvoice amps to headfiers, is/was selling fakes? I find that hard to believe as he also claimed to be the 'official' international dealer.

Happy Listening!

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #13 of 120
Quote:

Side note:
There are two eBay seller for DarkVoice product at this moment. Soon you will see an official announcement from the manufacturer that they do not giving any after sales support for the amplifier sold through them or recognize the warranty is not cover for this purchase for some instance their price are more expensive and slower shipping.
Thank you.

The quote above is from Davis. Honestly i doubt he's the only international seller too. There's an "authorized" international seller at Taobao.com and 2 on eBay.

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #14 of 120
all my numbers were calculated base from china to the united states, as in my own case on deciding which way to get the 336i, either from ebay or david.

and thanks for the info, yrh0413,i am quite ignorant on other parts of the world.

Competition always drive the prices down, where monopoly does not. as a potential consumer, i just rather have more than one channel to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back