Imitation DarkVoice amp circulating in local China & international market
May 2, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #31 of 120
I wonder how many of you ordered your Darkvoices from Davis? Unless Darkvoice releases an official statement declaring Davis as the sole distributor for international orders, we'll never know who is true and who is not.

In fact every Darkvoice seller can claim that they are authorized distributor.

May 2, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #32 of 120
Imitation? Or unauthorized. There is a major difference. One concerns business, and the other suggests fake goods. I think this issue is purely business since it seems very unprofitable to clone such a low priced item.

May 2, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #33 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how many of you ordered your Darkvoices from Davis? Unless Darkvoice releases an official statement declaring Davis as the sole distributor for international orders, we'll never know who is true and who is not.

In fact every Darkvoice seller can claim that they are authorized distributor.

So true. On this issue; does DV have an official homepage?

May 2, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #34 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth
Hello,

just a quick question. Can you confirm that the seller "casque_hifi" is authorized? I'm thinking of buying a amp from him through ebay.de (shipping from France).

For a public answer, please feel free to reply in the thread on the subject!

Thanks

The seller got the item from China dealer. Local China market version.
Thank you.

May 2, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #35 of 120
So can someone actually clarify the difference between the Local China market version and the International market version?

May 2, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #36 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So can someone actually clarify the difference between the Local China market version and the International market version?

No one can, because they're not different. Mind you, the original internationally selling cost is already WAY higher than domestic BEFORE oversea postage is calculated. Plus, the so-called "better overseas customer service" is BS because A) both international and domestic sales carry the same amount of warranty and B) overseas owners would have to ship it back at their own expense. I think the companies are pricing their amps according to the average living standards of their selling market.

May 2, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #37 of 120
all these inconclusive posts made by davisears is just smearing the darkvoice name

either come up with a substantial post or don't say anything at all

had i found this thread before i bought my DV, i would've been much more apprehensive about it.

wooaudio 6 anyone?

May 2, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #38 of 120
I agree completely, this thread hasn't been all that helpful or informative.
Even when Davi visited this forum he didn't take the time to answer some of the remaining questions (some very important, like how can he prove his claims and thus the legitimacy of this thread) so a lot remains unclear...

May 2, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #39 of 120
I just received my DV 336i from ordering with Jasmine_chine aka 'Alex' and everything seems great so far. I doubt these are imitations but if they are.. they do sound great for imitations!

May 2, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #40 of 120
High-end electronics are extremely difficult to imitate. If they have the ability to re-make the original, then they have the ability to construct a brand of their own. It's those brand-named earbuds and expensive watches that you see them imitating as their appearance matters more than the "inner-fillings".

May 2, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #41 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh..Dark Voice is a Chinese amp! ...goodness...which probably imitates something else so...imitation of an imitation? NICE
blink.gif

I'm rather torn between irony and Schadenfreude...

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High-end electronics are extremely difficult to imitate. If they have the ability to re-make the original, then they have the ability to construct a brand of their own. It's those brand-named earbuds and expensive watches that you see them imitating as their appearance matters more than the "inner-fillings".

With solidstate electronics this is more or less true; with vacuum tube gear, especially the rudimentary designs such as the DarkVoice you could not be more wrong. Any idiot who can trace a circuit and read resistor colour codes can copy it. These are very basic circuits which have been around for many decades, and given how easy typical audio tubes are to work with, the layout and grounding requirements are minimal. Building a knock-off is a trivial task.

May 2, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #42 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High-end electronics are extremely difficult to imitate. If they have the ability to re-make the original, then they have the ability to construct a brand of their own.

Isn't Darkvoice already an immitation by itself ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

You can buy books those teach you how to build great tube amps. You buy it oversea, because it's lower cost than your DIY project. Other than that, $40-$160 shipping cost is outragous.
eek.gif

In case of tube amps. When you can replicate an amp, it's not really mean that you can build a brand for yourself....
wink.gif

May 3, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #43 of 120
they are probably not fakes, but the chinese versions floating around. often, the chinese version and international versions use different parts, such as in the case of the Doge 6210.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back