Imitation DarkVoice amp circulating in local China & international market
May 6, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #106 of 120
For what it's worth, I have bought a good number of products from EBay seller Jasmine_Chine, and can definitely say that all of the dealings were excellent. Jasmine_Chine is great to deal with and fully trustworthy.

May 6, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #107 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you see the link i posted earlier? Sure looks like they are building them from scratch. But then again, I don't know the language
rolleyes.gif

Well I browsed the forum a bit and it seems that there's a topic about a Honk Kong version of the DV 336. I used a translator, so I really don't know what the topic is about.

What we need is some who actually reads chinese and is in the know.

May 6, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #108 of 120
This thread seems to be creating a lot more questions than answers!

JD
rolleyes.gif

May 6, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #109 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by John D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread seems to be creating a lot more questions than answers!

JD
rolleyes.gif

... especially when DaviSears don't bother to give any further clarifications.
confused.gif

May 6, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #110 of 120
My guess is that we will never see him here again
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #111 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is that we will never see him here again
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree, he seems to have opened up a can of worms with this thread
wink.gif

JD
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #113 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFiSaMuRaI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys, this is the official blog for the maker of Darkvoice:
http://www.audio-colour.com/blog/Use...cleid/376.html

however the most recent blog entry dated march of 2006...

however it lists his personal email there: xmdkq@tom.com

maybe someone could make use of that
tongue.gif

Look at the note on the left side, they link to the forum we've been browsing, maybe they did move their official site to that forum...

May 14, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #114 of 120
Same Here, Got my 336i from Jasmine and it was a very smooth and nice transaction.
Lionel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Banach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought my 336i from Jasmine and transaction could not have gone smoother.
The unit works flawlessly. I think we all know that in case something goes wrong there is no much hope that all these sellers will respond accordingly but this is part of the game. Personally I doubt very much that someone might want to bother in imitating a relatively inexpensive amp with no so many potential buyers anyway. If mine is a fake I could not care less, I don't believe the "real one" would make any difference; yet I don't believe there is such a thing as the real and the fake dv amp.
wink.gif

May 16, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #116 of 120
I would also like to add that I have just bought a 336i from Jasmine on ebay and the amp arrived at my door - China to the UK - extremely well packed in exactly 6 days ( inc a weekend).

For anyone considering buying one of these amps firstly I'd say just do it and I'd have no doubts in recommending Jasmine from my own personal experience. Those who suggest these amps are 'fake' are just crazy and are trying to ruin a good thing which stands to bring much joy to a lot of people - the amp I got from Jasmine is a genuine DarkVoice Tube Amp and an amazing piece of kit.

A few thoughts to those who doubt the decision ;

1:The amp is SENSATIONAL!. (I'm using stock tubes.)
2: I'm a music producer and the sound quality will literally blow you away - if your expecting some kind of 'old fashoned' sound or humming and buzzing - forget it. What you will get is pure silence - then the music begins and you will hear punch, clarity, vitality, vibrancy and a depth and spread of stereo image you simply will never have suspected possible.
3: Works flawlessly with an ipod using a line out to RCA cable - and here is the real surprise - it actually SMOOTHS off digital artifcating on tracks encoded at low bit rates ( the few that have sneaked through onto my ipod).
4: The thing is built to an incredibly high standard and looks very sexy as well!. Any pictures you've seen genuinely don't do this thing justice.

For the record I use mine with AKG 701's.

If you've never heard your music through a Tube amp you've never really heard your music...

My Thanks goes out the the head-fi'ers who championed this great piece of kit - without their words I may never of bought it.

edit: BTW - just to proove I'm not 'in the employ' of Jasmine or that I have some invested interest in this, my name is Chris Flynn and you can find my album Brave New World on iTunes. I'm not trying to shill but it seems the simplest way of clarifying my identity so you can be assured my appreciation of this amp and the great service ( and great price) I got from Jasmine is absolutely geniune becuase I can imagine some with 'personal interests' suggesting otherwise!.

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #119 of 120
The international seller just try to protect their market because I can tell you that 333USD is not a good price in the China mainland ... I got my 336i for 170$ from an official reseller in Beijing.

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #120 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so basically there are NO Darkvoice imitations out there? I wonder what's DAVISears's intention?

There are no imitation of DV amps. That Davis guy just wants people to only buy DV amps from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back