Imbalance Issues. HD650
Sep 25, 2011 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

IhateBEATS

New Head-Fier
Head-fiers!
Bought myself a pair of HD650's about a month ago and have been using them daily. However, just recently, i noticed that the right side of the headphone is slightly louder, maybe 1-2 db. It is really irritating as i can't seem to find the problem. I've tried different sources and the problem still exists. Perhaps it is the song itself? I don't want to say it's the headphones because they "should" have matched drivers. I've been using the peak meter/VU meter on foobar to judge whether its the song, but even when the meters are displaying equal outputs for the left and right channel, the right side of the headphone stil has more weight. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance fellas

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 28
This is a pretty clear defect, unless maybe one of your ears has sustained significantly more hearing loss than the other.

Just return them to the seller if you can. 

If it's out of return period, then contact sennheiser.
They are practically new still, and should be covered by the warranty.

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 28
Hmm this is interesting. I'm having the same problem, however im not sure whether its me or the HD650's. Try putting them on the wrong way round, does it sound quieter in the right ear?

I tried doing this, and it sounded louder in my left. I think it could just be an issue with the headphones, so im slightly dissapointed. Nevertheless i'm going to see how they go for a few more days as at the moment they sound slightly more balanced than they did yesterday. However this may just be me adjusting to the sound

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhzh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it's out of return period, then contact sennheiser.
They are practically new still, and should be covered by the warranty.

Yeah i think i'm going to do exactly this. Hopefully sennheiser would be willing to replace the product. I wouldn't be entirely satisfied with a "repair"

Quote:
Hmm this is interesting. I'm having the same problem, however im not sure whether its me or the HD650's. Try putting them on the wrong way round, does it sound quieter in the right ear?

I tried doing this, and it sounded louder in my left. I think it could just be an issue with the headphones, so im slightly dissapointed. Nevertheless i'm going to see how they go for a few more days as at the moment they sound slightly more balanced than they did yesterday. However this may just be me adjusting to the sound

When switching the left and right plugs, the left side of the headphones become more dominant. And i agree with the adjusting bit. After a couple songs, the headphones seem to balance out a bit, but it is still slightly noticeable. I started to think that it was just separation of instruments. It may be that, because i listen to orchestrated music, the violins being on the left side would account for tghe lack of bass and heft, while the bass on the right side would account for more weight. It's just a thought.

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 28
Play songs on mono if you have the option, that should help pinpoint the problem.

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #10 of 28
If you do get a replacement pair, be sure to give us the heads up on how they perform
smily_headphones1.gif
hope it fixes your problem!

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 28
Yeah theres no DIY fix to fix something German engineering created lol...

Could be a wonky cable, but probably not if you bought them new...

Sennheiser customer service is great, they rebuilt my old ass HD580's to almost brand new when they came back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back