iM716 Prices
Nov 7, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #16 of 40
Well, I'm 3/4 impatient and 1/4 germophobe, so I went ahead and ordered the iM716s new from Provantage.com for $100.38 ($105.33 including shipping). They seem to have the lowest price on the net, and good feedback. Once the transaction is complete I will post on my experience with this vendor.

Nov 7, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #17 of 40
Price on amazon is now up to $156.
eek.gif
That only makes it $10 less than the er4p.

Nov 7, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #18 of 40
Click buy new or used next to the price. I scored mine for $85 brand new that way.

Nov 8, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by auris
The pair I bought for around $60 several months ago came directly from Amazon.

Same here. Just needed something that isolated better for yardwork than than the panasonics I had plus they were made by Ety for Altec. When they hit that price, I couldn't resist. I'd just keep checking the Amazon clearance/sale pages. Pain in the keester to keep doing that but it seems to be your best shot.

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #21 of 40
WOAH 156?

I'm glad I bit the bullet a couple days ago and scored these after waiting for the 60$ price for a few weeks. It'll come in a few days, hope I like it...but being my 1st 'audiophile' phone of any kind, I doubt I won't.

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead
I'd be a little surprised if the Cowon/iAudios couldn't drive them. Are the Altecs that hard to drive?

They are only hard to drive if you have your iPod setting 'Sound Check' on, IMHO.

Sound Check mucks up the sound and should always be turned off anyway.

With it off, you can play these phones to sufficient SPLs to damage your hearing. But if you care to more quickly enjoy a life filled with tinnitus, there are other phones that will be far better for the job.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #25 of 40
Amazon's got warehouses all over the country, and these warehouses are gigantic. We're talking millions of square feet filled top to bottom with items, I would seriously doubt they'd ever be able to tell you what they will have or won't have in the future since they probably have gigantic teams of people who do nothing but reorder new items, and i'll bet nobody outside of the person who orders those headphones would know who ordered them. hehe

Amazon also does sales too, but they don't advertise it. It's basically a matter of checking the website every day until you see the price drop and snatch it up.

Nov 8, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #27 of 40
It seems clear that the low iM716 prices were introductory prices - prices to get them in the hands of consumers who will eventually spread word of mouth as to their quality. My first pair cost 79USD and the second pair (couldn't resist) were 63USD. I really think it is not good judgement to assume they have been or will soon be discontinued
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
It seems clear that the low iM716 prices were introductory prices - prices to get them in the hands of consumers who will eventually spread word of mouth as to their quality. My first pair cost 79USD and the second pair (couldn't resist) were 63USD. I really think it is not good judgement to assume they have been or will soon be discontinued
smily_headphones1.gif

Possibly. I'll add them to my list of things to check for and keep an eye out for any sales on 'em and post back here when they drop low.

Nov 9, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbholde
I went ahead and ordered the iM716s new from Provantage.com for $100.38

Holy cow! Amazon is up to $169 and Provantage is up to $151! Looks like I ordered mine at the right time.

Nov 9, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #30 of 40
I am a very happy customer right now. I knew that these things would go waayyy up because my guess is they are just trying to market the er4p to iPod/mp3/owners or non-audiophiles so they made them look more trendy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back