Im sure this happened to you (reply if it has)
Mar 20, 2011 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SpecterJin

100+ Head-Fier
You are super neat picky on headphone upon your research of one

You do so much research on the headphone as if you heard them, then you try to find the best headphone for yourself

So the original selection of set was put out of consideration, because after reading review, you know there is something better

But at the end, you went from the headphone you want is $600, and your original budget was $200

Now you think to urself, how can I settle with a $200 headphone?! the mids arnt as good, the soundstage isnt as good, etc Even when you never heard them before.

If this happened to you, please reply and tell me how you resolved this problem.
much appreciated

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 6
I'd buy used, and save up until you get what you want.

Or just chill out and listen to the music.

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 6
That always happens. Save up for and/or sell stuff so you can get the headphones you really want. If you buy a cheaper substitute, you'll eventually buy what you really want sooner or later.

It actually saves money to buy what you want and skip the rest.

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 6
You're lucky if that happens; the worst part is if you buy the $200 dollar headphones first, then eventually get the $600 ones and the amp to go with them. Then you find out you actually liked the $200 ones more, and you never use the 'better' ones.

(I'm not completely speaking from experience here, but the DT770 is still my main pair of headphones)

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 6
[size=10pt]That happened to me. I was just looking for a "good pair", read reviews on amazon, which lead me to headfi, now I have multiple headphones.[/size]

[size=10pt]Just buy what you can afford now, and upgrade later but while you have that one, do not forgot to enjoy it[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back