I'm So Disappointed (Audio-Technica ATH-CKS90)
Sep 14, 2011 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FinnTheHumen

New Head-Fier
triportsad.gif
i brought the ATH-CKS90 looking for bass and great sound for a good price...boy was I fooled..I downloaded some FLACs then put in the earphones..I was like wow this can't be it  so I turned up the volume...
basshead.gif
 what i got was noise and 0 to -0 bass.My $20 workout headphones has better bass.
i do't understand why they call it soild bass 

And yes i brought from a truthed seller(accessoryjack) I'm done with buying earphones all i get is money gone
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 5
 Just as a friendly reminder, some IEM's really are particular about the fit.  If you do not get a seal they will sound dry like an earbud.  I checked the ATH-CKS90 charts and they should be bass boosted up 10dB which means you should hear some good bass from them.  If I had to guess I would say they are not sealing correctly inside your ear canals.  Perhaps try some different tips until you hear the bass you want.  Also make sure you do not have any EQ settings on.

Please explain your exact setup in which you are listening to your ATH-CKS90's.  This will help us out with determining if you have a problem or some just need a simple fix.

For example:
Karsh Kale - [Realize #13] Longing
into iTunes
into m903 amp
into Brainwavz M2
No EQ on.

Here is a link to test bass with.  You should get some serious bass listening to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylqtp-ynNyw

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
 Just as a friendly reminder, some IEM's really are particular about the fit.  If you do not get a seal they will sound dry like an earbud.  I checked the ATH-CKS90 charts and they should be bass boosted up 10dB which means you should hear some good bass from them.  If I had to guess I would say they are not sealing correctly inside your ear canals.  Perhaps try some different tips until you hear the bass you want.  Also make sure you do not have any EQ settings on.

Please explain your exact setup in which you are listening to your ATH-CKS90's.  This will help us out with determining if you have a problem or some just need a simple fix.

For example:
Karsh Kale - [Realize #13] Longing
into iTunes
into m903 amp
into Brainwavz M2
No EQ on.

Here is a link to test bass with.  You should get some serious bass listening to it.

ATH-CKS90
into andzoid phone
with powerAMP app(the only player that play FLAC)
listen to foster the people-life on the nickel 276 sec,44100hz stereo,969 kbps,32688kb

I do't understand it really sound like nonal earphones with little to no bass .i emailed audio technica and calling them tomorrow to ask if it my broke doing mail and do this happen all the time because the audio sounds fine but not that kickin bass

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 5
If you have a computer around or one at work/school try plugging your ATH-CKS90's into the headphone jack and listening to this track:

If you hear a good amount of bass, like you want, then you know the earphones are ok and it is your phone / app.

Also have you tried turning up the bass boost within the PowerAmp app?  Perhaps it is turned down somehow?

I just sampled your Foster the People-life -Life on a Nickel and the bass in that track is honestly not that heavy.

Here is another track you should find online to test those earphones with:
Maroon 5 - [It Won't Be Soon Before Long CD1 #06] Nothing Lasts Forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ2oe8SgUS8

That has some nice clean bass in it for sure.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 5
If I remembered correctly, the 90 has bass, but not as much, but more controled than the 70. Hopefully it's broken, cause if it isn't, you're definition of bass is probably just RUMBLE RUMBLE BOOM BOOM. Then after switching to BA phones, I re-listened my friend's cks70, which I sold him, and it gave me headache load of bass. So if it's not spoiled, and you just like almost uncontrollable bass, get a refund and get the cks70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back