I'm seriously upset right now
Jan 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #31 of 35
So are you saying thats the last pair of earphone/buds you will ever need to buy again?
What do you plan on doing with all the money you are going to save over the years?
I never thought that going w/Sansa was such a money saving opportunity.
I see they are only $9.95 at Amazon. Most people would be happy, why are you so sad??

Jan 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #32 of 35
I am sad because their soundstage outperforms the Denon D1001 as well as the Shure 440: Two of the best closed backs money can buy for around $100.00.

They are not nearly as nice as the Sennheiser HD 485 or 555 which are similarly priced, though, open backs are vastly superior to closed in really every way >.> I am not saying they are GODLY, but look at it from this point of view. A set of stock earbuds performs equally as good as $100.00 over the ears. Their sound source location ( meaning where the sound seems to originate, like in bad sets they seem very distant like a guy with a megaphone down the street, to high on your ears like expensive sets offer) flat out cream the D1k and 440. The location is ideal, like two speakers right next to your ears, up close sounding. That is what I am looking for.

The detail and sound produced is absolutely a gamers dream. Not one set of my over the ears can achieve this, not even the HD 600. When there is a player to my right behind a corner moving, I can hear those footsteps on both sides of my HD 600. A lot on the side it came from and a little from the totally opposite side, which caused massive confusion and i cant even tell you how many times ive died because of this, when music plays or something else is happening, i cant tell where that sound came from...In these Sansa buds, they are always precise, I can tell exactly where that sound just came from. Its a dream. This is something I would have to pay many Hundreds of $ to get in over the ears.

As I said the sansa bud sound quality is meh, pretty dang good for buds but nothing special. However its soundstage is freaking fantastic. This upsets me a lot, but as I said also makes me happy.

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #33 of 35
I need to find my sansa fuse box..... the best phones for that thing have been sony XB700x, but I have the denons, but they need power. The little guy probably can't muster the power needed to really get all there is to get out of them. On my non-os DAC abd tubed output buffer with a powerful headamp, the denons sound remarkably airly. II know that a mod to dampen the inside of each cup would straighten things out more, but I like them for the price, they are more open than my open HD555s If the Sansa buds are this way I would have to pinch myself.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #34 of 35
I'm very confused right now... when I first got my Fuze, my impression of these earbuds was that they were possibly the worst things I had ever put in/on my ears.

After reading this post, I thought perhaps I had misjudged them. However, I just confirmed this impression right now by pulling them out and trying them again, with proper amplification and good files.

Muddy, congested, no bass, extremely rolled-off treble, no dynamics, reduced soundstage. Something I'm missing?
confused_face.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #35 of 35
Found mine too and gave it a thorough audition. Sounded dead and veiled to me, like there was a blanket draped over the band. Bass was muddy too. The d1001s don't have this issue in my experience..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back