I'm p....d!
Mar 29, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #76 of 108
Quote:

Originally posted by genetic
With respect for whatever the value of the respectives positions have, this is entirely beside the point. The fondamental reason for this thread was to make a statement about a private dispute between to members with the clear intent to build up enough support to make the other loose his credibility. The fact that is was easy is frigthning. Again, in my opinion this forum is not the best place to achieve such a goal.

I tried earlier to make it clear. But if you want to find a rope, a tree and do it in the open....

Amicalement

Then why hasn't the other party responded with actual facts (instead of ad hominem attacks) to defend himself?

Mar 29, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #77 of 108
Quote:

Originally posted by spwal
i cant even listen to dark side of the moon anymore
frown.gif

I think I just ruined my keyboard with an actually spit take.

Mar 29, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #78 of 108
While I don't want to take sides in this matter, and won't, I would like to say a couple of things:

Why was this posted here when it is a matter between these two?

If, and I have no reason to doubt him, Michael sold these at cost without charging for his labor, and only charged for the cost of material and shipping, why is this a legal problem? He is not doing this as a business, but as a favor to those who want this but have not the skills to make it themslves. (Like me :p)

If we don't have all the facts of what transpired, nor are we in any way involved, how can we make a judgement call and start name calling? Isn't that a little silly and childish?

Should this tarnish Mike's rather stellar reputation he has here? Did he, in fact, do anything legally wrong? Are we just getting up onto our self-righteous horses and throwing stones at someone we think has been slighted.

Until we know all or most of the facts of this issue, and until we know what's going to happen now that this issue has come to light, why are we so quick to condemn anyone? Will those who have name called and accused PinkFloyd of stuff willing to publicly apologize for their actions when this is resolved?

If anything, I think this has tarnished the reputation of those who have jumped in and spoken so harshly and critically about Mike's character without knowing all the facts about what happened.

Oh, I will not reply to challenges on what I have said. If you don't agree with me, fine. I am saddened once again at the actions of the bandwagon of people so quick to attack someone without knowing enough to make an informed decision one way or the other!

Mar 29, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #79 of 108
Quote:

Originally posted by fiddler
Then why hasn't the other party responded with actual facts (instead of ad hominem attacks) to defend himself?

You are perfectly right about the ad hominem attack. It was a poor strategy, but I repeat myself you should'nt have to respond to this kind of thread in public.

Amicalement

P.S. Is this possible for me to be more in agreement with what just wrote ServinginEcuador? I dont think so.

P.P.S I'm trying desperately to find a positive spin on this: Yes I found it!!! For what it's worth: it's my 100ème post
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #80 of 108
can we close this thread and let the matter rest until a resolution between the two parties has been achieved. The facts are out and all that's left is bickering.

Let's hope the problem can be resolved without going to legalisation for both party sake.

frown.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #82 of 108
After all this, I don't know what to think.
Maybe I miss read the original post that started this.
I was under the impression that the design was being used for profit by someone in a commercial sense.
I should stay out of these types of threads.

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #83 of 108
Quote:

Originally posted by genetic
You are perfectly right about the ad hominem attack. It was a poor strategy, but I repeat myself you should'nt have to respond to this kind of thread in public.

Amicalement

Is this possible for me to be more in agreement with what just wrote ServinginEcuador? I dont think so.

You and Doug do have a point--Jan probably shouldn't have posted about it here, it's none of our business. But just as you said Pink may have responded with personal attacks out of anger, Jan might have irrationally posted the thread because HE was pissed off. If he's right, then I'd say he does have good reason to be angry.

If I (and others) jumped to the wrong conclusion, then I will be more than willing to apologize for the insinuations I made towards PinkFloyd.

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #84 of 108
Fwiw, I've gotten a certain vibe of unprofessionalism from both parties here -- from Jan Meier for posting this and turning a private matter between two parties into a character assassination, and from PinkFloyd for responding the way he did.

It's really too bad when emotions get in the way of reason. IMO this should never happen where business matters are involved. This whole thread is disappointing and depressing.

Mar 30, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #86 of 108
Thanks Doug, you summed it up in a nutshell. All the best.

Mike.

riginally posted by ServinginEcuador [/i]
While I don't want to take sides in this matter, and won't, I would like to say a couple of things:

Why was this posted here when it is a matter between these two?

If, and I have no reason to doubt him, Michael sold these at cost without charging for his labor, and only charged for the cost of material and shipping, why is this a legal problem? He is not doing this as a business, but as a favor to those who want this but have not the skills to make it themslves. (Like me :p)

If we don't have all the facts of what transpired, nor are we in any way involved, how can we make a judgement call and start name calling? Isn't that a little silly and childish?

Should this tarnish Mike's rather stellar reputation he has here? Did he, in fact, do anything legally wrong? Are we just getting up onto our self-righteous horses and throwing stones at someone we think has been slighted.

Until we know all or most of the facts of this issue, and until we know what's going to happen now that this issue has come to light, why are we so quick to condemn anyone? Will those who have name called and accused PinkFloyd of stuff willing to publicly apologize for their actions when this is resolved?

If anything, I think this has tarnished the reputation of those who have jumped in and spoken so harshly and critically about Mike's character without knowing all the facts about what happened.

Oh, I will not reply to challenges on what I have said. If you don't agree with me, fine. I am saddened once again at the actions of the bandwagon of people so quick to attack someone without knowing enough to make an informed decision one way or the other!
[/QUOTE]

Mar 30, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #87 of 108
The only complaint I have is the uncalled for insults I endured thanks to Jan meiers original post.

If Jan (Dr. Meier) agrees to shake hands I'm agreeable.

Mike

Mar 30, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #88 of 108
The way PinkFloyd responded and what he said speaks volumes of his character or lack of. To Try to accuse Jan of impropriety and place blame on him is absurd. It is childish and transparent to try to portray himself as the innocent victim.

Jan spoke to us because we are a community. This community is built on Trust and Integrity. We should police our own. Without Trust, Integrity and Honesty this place is doomed.

Mitch

Mar 30, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #89 of 108
Quote:

Originally posted by braillediver
Jan spoke to us because we are a community. This community is built on Trust and Integrity. We should police our own. Without Trust, Integrity and Honesty this place is doomed.

This would makes sense to me if the topic of lawsuits hadn't been introduced. Suddenly, the things you mention went out the window when that was brought up.

If this had been an issue for the community to police, it should have remained there so the community could have policed it. Lawsuits (and threats thereof) are a sordid affair that imho should be an absolute last resort -- particularly if the community comes first as you said. And if it was a last resort, then where does community policing come into the picture? I don't buy it.

This thread has become a hotbed of emotions, so this is where I leave... I don't want to say something that inadvertently gets me in trouble -- with anyone.

Mar 30, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #90 of 108
Quote:

KR... said...

I think I just ruined my keyboard with an actually spit take.

Had I actually been drinking at the time, I would have followed your actions to the letter. That comment was just too good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back