I'm looking for this "sound" in an In Ear monitor, can you recommend one ?
Nov 16, 2010 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AllsWell

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I lost my UE 700's somehow ( rarely ever lose anything ). So now im looking for a replacement.

I'm looking for an "In Ear monitor" that does well with;
-  Movie/Game Soundtracks ( dramatic, orchestral, modern sounding ( think of the "Dark Knight" , "Inception" or Call of Duty MW soundtracks )
- Hard Rock ( sometimes )
- Ambient

I guess it has to be versatile. But I'm more interested in the in ears being strong in bass and spacial.

My budget is no more than $200

* I use to own; UE Super Fi 5 pro, UE 700, and Senheisser CX?00 *

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 9
For those types of things I think the sennheiser IE series would fit pretty well.

I have the UM Miracle customs atm but sometimes prefer using my IE8's when watching movies and playing games for that dynamic driver bass impact and hit.

I've used the IE6's for a bit too, and whilst I dont think they hold a candle to the IE8, the IE8's arent quite yet in your budget and could be a pretty viable option!

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 9
Thank you for the reply bungsai. Your recommendations seem a bit out of reach for me.

Is there anyone else that can recommend anything within my budget ?

Nov 16, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 9
if you look around, especially throughout the US you will find the IE6 and 7 at a great price.  Be wary of fakes and stick to authorised resellers but you should be able to nab either of those two below $200.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 9
Radius DDM are highely recommended and they have everything you looking for in IEMs like strong bass, huge soundstage, very detailed yet fun to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back