I'm Just a Glutton, But I Had To Do It. :D
May 4, 2004 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Slimm

100+ Head-Fier
Well, with all this talk about the Sensaphonics and Ultimate Ears, I got the chance to speak to someone who has heard the Ety 4's, the Shure E5's, and the Ultimate Ears UE5's and UE10's. He gave me some insight and.......

I ordered the UE10's.

Actually my mother of all people fronted me the money, but I just got back from the audiologist after making my order this afternoon. Between Welly's words (who've I actually met in person), and the other guy I talked to extensively today, plus the fact that EVERYTHING I've read on the net about them have been nothing but positive, I made my plan to save for them.

To make a long story short, after a discussion with mi madre, they were charged on her card, and I have to pay her back.

I HAVE to hear them, If they're that good, I have to know. They're the perverbial "cat's ass" of canal phones. The way they were described to me as compared to the Etys really, really turned me on.

What can I say, I'm weak.
biggrin.gif

Unlke Ety's Rule's experience (which is definitely unfortunate, I feel for you man), everything went really well, and according to the person taking the molds, "it was perfect". Odds are I'll have them by the end of the week, and then I'll post a "canal phone showdown" if you guys want.

Can someone out there help me? Please?

May 4, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 25
Well, I won't be getting the Sensaphonics as well, One set of exorbitantly priced canalphones , relatively speaking, is enough.
biggrin.gif

Besides, someone hear already has both sets, and according to him, the Sensaphonics sit in the drawer and he uses the UE10's.

Good enough for me.

I need help with upgraditus, I need a cure dammit.

May 4, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

I need help with upgraditus, I need a cure dammit

Quote:

my mother of all people fronted me the money

Nuff said.

May 4, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 25
You are the man, Slimm. Once I get the doc's OK, I am going for the 2X-S's. I like silicone. In my ears, and on my women.
biggrin.gif

Good luck with them. I'm sure I'll see them soon.

May 4, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #10 of 25
Congrats on getting the "Ultimates"
smily_headphones1.gif
Even though I haven't even received my Sensaphonics yet I'm contemplating ordering the UE-10s as well. I simply love canalphones, to the point that I prefer them in general to full sized headphones. It may take me another 6 months or so, but I probably will own both. Ouch wallet, happy ears.

May 6, 2004 at 1:28 PM Post #11 of 25
LOL

In light of recent events, I wonder if 'Slimm's' mother will ever see that money she lent him

May 6, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimm
I need help with upgraditus, I need a cure dammit.

He needs a cure for something else as well. If anyone reads this and was robbed of gear or cash, please head over to the Member's Forum and check out the Slimm/WillaiamGoody/etc. threads and chime in. I think he might be using other names as well to rip folks off. Someone hit me with a scam a few months back but I do not have the PMs or emails anymore (am searching an archived back-up I have of my Outlook to find emails). Luckily, I only was out $25 for op amps, but others have not been so lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back