I'm Having Trouble Finding These Cables!
Sep 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SnoopKatt

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I've searched around quite a bit, and for the life of me I cannot find these two cables anywhere:
–a very short cable with a male 3.5 mm end and the other end with a 6.3 mm female. I'm thinking like 6 inches or so for the cable length. I don't like the adapters because they put extra torque on the output jack if it gets hit.
– A shorter Sennheiser HD 650 headphone cable. The 10 feet is a little overkill for me when I'm at the computer, so is there anything in the range of 5 feet?

I'm not sure if I'm searching for the wrong thing or using the wrong terms, but could someone point me to where I could find these cables please? I'm not really into the silver cable thing either, so they don't need to be anything special.

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 7
Might be worth contacting Russ Andrews, won't be basement prices though,

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Where are you from? Depending on your answer you got a few options of getting custom made items, or even some retailers. 

Custom handmade cables: (Braided wires that wont look stock completely)
UK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD650-HD600-HD580-6ft-OCC-Cryo-Copper-cable-by-Toxic-Cables-/120981522254?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c2b0f874e
US: Contact User Chris_Himself, he does some nice affordable cables. 

I think Moon-Audio does cables of custom length for the HD 650's and a few other major cable manufacturers. Try taking a look at ALO Audio as well. Pretty much most of the manufacturers in the list in my signature do cables for other things besides IEM's.

That UK seller can probably do that short interconnect for you as well.

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks everyone for their input! It's good to know there's a lot of options. And it's good to know that Grado makes that cable at a reasonable price. Seems like it should be a lot more common lol.

I'm in the US (California), so unfortunately a lot of these options won't work, but I do appreciate the input :)

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 7
Moon-Audio sells cables for HD 650 (pretty sure)

Chris_Himself is located in California, he can help with a cable.

ALO Audio does a cable, they're located in Oregon (I believe)
Quote:
Thanks everyone for their input! It's good to know there's a lot of options. And it's good to know that Grado makes that cable at a reasonable price. Seems like it should be a lot more common lol.

I'm in the US (California), so unfortunately a lot of these options won't work, but I do appreciate the input :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back