Im going on a diet
Apr 21, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #31 of 62
Im 26, yes, Ive noticed my metabolism dropped some time ago.
frown.gif

I used to be able to eat anything and hover at the 175 number and it would never go over.

not anymore.

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #32 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Im 26, yes, Ive noticed my metabolism dropped some time ago.
frown.gif

I used to be able to eat anything and hover at the 175 number and it would never go over.

not anymore.

If you follow n_maher's advice, your metabolism should get rekindled and revved up. Good luck.

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #33 of 62
this whole "don't eat after X:00pm" thing is a myth! MYTH! (yeth?*) it's been studied over and over, and determined that your body stores extra calories as fat no matter what time of day you consume them.

my advice, don't totally cut yourself off from the foods you love... just be careful HOW MUCH you eat. for instance, i used to have a soup and sandwich every day for lunch, then i realized i didn't like the sandwich that much, so i changed it to soup and a piece of whole grain bread.

[size=xx-small]*guess the movie reference[/size]

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #34 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
If you follow n_maher's advice, your metabolism should get rekindled and revved up. Good luck.

Yeah, I am hoping this will work for me as well. Since I have been spending more and more time in an office, and since my wife is a wonderful cook
wink.gif
, I have gotten up to 5'9 and around or slightly above 200lbs. This is the first time of my life I have been this "big".

John

ps Go Blue!

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #36 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
this whole "don't eat after X:00pm" thing is a myth! MYTH! (yeth?*) it's been studied over and over, and determined that your body stores extra calories as fat no matter what time of day you consume them.

The trick is not to make them "extra" calories. Eat small meals but several throughout the day. Slower-digesting foods are better at this (ie. whole grains, veggies, fiber stuff), whereas white breads, sugar, and beer will all get quickly converted into glucose and fat shortly thereafter.

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #37 of 62
up until 6/7 years ago (im 25 this year) i was a fat kid not chubby but fat it took me about a year to lose the weight from about 20/21 stone down to 11/12 stone it was not easy but changed my life i now exercise every day and try to watch what i eat (manly pasta chicken and chocolate
tongue.gif
)i have one burger king a week and that is my "treat" losing weight was one of the hardest things i have ever done so i understand better than most what it is like i wish you all the best and if you think you can do it you will

my tips are to:

exercise a little at first and build up
switch to diet coke or whatever you drink
don't starve yourself
have a good breakfast

best of luck but really its all up to you

Apr 21, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #38 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by ej82m
Don't forget to eat your good fats. Omega 3's, ect.. I take a couple spoonfulls of flax seed oil in my morning shake and maybe some fish oil capsules if I don't forget.

Yes yes. Fat is not your enemy. What you should avoid is saturated and trans fats. Simple stop when you're full and don't over eat. Exercise is one of the biggest impact on your health.

Apr 21, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #39 of 62
I have a physique that puts greek statues to shame. Forgive me for not being modest, but I earned it. I haven't been watching what I eat lately, but two years ago I took two months to cut my body fat percentage from 10% to 8% with very minimal loss in muscle mass.

Let me tell you it takes some serious strength of will to go through with this. Every single calorie was logged into Fitday, two gallons of water a day, diet consisted of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, oatmeal, brocolli, fat-free cottage cheese, plenty of sugar-free jam, Splenda, and midnight munchies staved off with sugar-free Jello.

Good luck, don't get discouraged and allow yourself a "cheat" day every once in awhile to keep you sane.

Apr 22, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #40 of 62
what kind of oatmeal you guys eat? I can never make it right, and its just a water mush.. i like it a little thicker, and it taste like cardboard

Apr 22, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #41 of 62
Try the rolled oats (not the instant oatmeal).

Apr 22, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewtz
what kind of oatmeal you guys eat? I can never make it right, and its just a water mush.. i like it a little thicker, and it taste like cardboard

Quaker Oats - Quick 1 Minute - 1 part oatmeal - 2 parts water - hit 'popcorn' button on microwave once (Aprox 1.5min) - stir it up - add fruit - Easy!

Apr 22, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #44 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewtz

Ouaker Oat instant, two packs of oatmeal add milk and microwave. I like my oatmeal a bit thicker.
icon10.gif

I'm not interested in doing a full blown "diet" but I have changed my "life style" for better health. I've not had fast food for near 4 months and eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I have junk food on occassion but I try to cut down, and no soda. I don't excersise everyday but I do the little things like take the stairs instead of the elevator or park further away in the parking lot so I have to walk. Nothing too drastic, but from the beginning of the year I think I have lost some weight.
icon10.gif

Oh yeah, and drink lots of water, not only does it fill you up but it helps clean up your system. Tea is good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back