Apr 21, 2006 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
Current weight, 200lbs 5'10"

goal weight 175lbs

Im going to try to lose 25lbs!
woohoo.
biggrin.gif

The lowest Ive ever gotten was 156lbs, but I was too skinny, this was a time when I was active in martial arts a few years ago.

than weight lifted and hit about 175lbs.

than the mcdonalds diet came about and I stopped watching what I ate.
Time to get back into shape
smily_headphones1.gif

Ive been limiting my food intake for the past 3 days, and noticed slimming of my stomach slim a bit from lack of food in belly, so far, current weight, still 200lbs.

Im wondering how long it will take for me to live off of vegetables and lower fat intake to lose the 25lbs.

fixed typo
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 62
I'm currently shedding off some winter fat. I would advise you not to have a drastic change in eating habit but rather, do more exercise. I now run about 2 times a week, starting april. Without changing my eating habits, i have lost 2 pounds and my tummy is tighter. I'm somewhere in the 155 region. I need to lose another 3 pounds.
biggrin.gif

I forgot to add. The most effective diet was when i was in the military. 30 mins before each meal, we would drink 1 litre of water.

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Im wondering how long it will take for me to live off of vegetables and lower fat intake to lose the 25lbs.

how long does it take to get $175.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong

I forgot to add. The most effective diet was when i was in the military. 30 mins before each meal, we would drink 1 litre of water.

how did this help? did you do it as an apetite suppresant? Ive never heard of that before. interesting.

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 62
Go on an audiophile diet, buy as much gear as you can then eat ramen until everything's paid off
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #8 of 62
Some tips:

DRINK AS much water as you can. Get a nalgene bottle and try to drink as much as you can. I drink about 3 or more of those everyday.

Dont eat after 7, better before 6. If u eat a meal before you go to bed. While you're sleeping your muscles are not working. Therefore that good turns into fat.

No soda

No fastfood

Wholegrains

Stay away from powerbars

run and lift

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #9 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
Some tips:

DRINK AS much water as you can. Get a nalgene bottle and try to drink as much as you can. I drink about 3 or more of those everyday.

Dont eat after 7, better before 6. If u eat a meal before you go to bed. While you're sleeping your muscles are not working. Therefore that good turns into fat.

No soda

No fastfood

Wholegrains

Stay away from powerbars

run and lift

lean meats
carrot sticks
brocoli with a little powdered garlic and salt
plain celery
salads with light italian dressing
No food intake after 9:00 PM
water, skim milk and diet sodas
fruits whenver the sweet tooth hurts
exercize, these days that means chasing the boy around the soccer field.
oat bran (good for the heart too). I mix up a bowl with milk, and a little equal to sweeten. Fills me up when I get hungry and lasts all morning.

Once Katie was born, I stopped mountain biking, volleyball and tennis leagues completely. I ballooned to over 200Lbs in a month.
eek.gif
eek.gif
I've never been a pound heavier than 180, that was my natural body weight. I never had to do anything special to maintain that.

Good Luck, its all about discipline

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #10 of 62
Try Dr. Sears' Zone

Here is a link to one of his really cheap books as a good starter:
http://search.half.ebay.com/week-in-...ne_W0QQmZbooks

Before I got married I lost nearly twenty fives pounds on the zone in little more than a month. The first three days were the hardest for me, but thereafter it was smooth sailing. A life style change is much better than a diet, but it's easier said than done. Good luck.

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #12 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I'm trying the cookie diet.

Seriously.

No, I'm serious, not kidding.

I blame my wife.
tongue.gif

-Ed

What type of cookies?

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #13 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
Some tips:

my girlfriend tells me this as well but I always ignore it. The theory is your metabolism slows in the evenings, however it is 3am right now and I am having a snack. It doesnt apply if you get out of bed at 2pm and stay up till 4 or 5am.
rolleyes.gif

I'm going to try to bulk up a little in the summer actually. Right after highschool I was in my peak physical condition. I weighed around 135, spent a few hours at the gym everyday, and felt great. Surprisingly I've let myself go for the last year, and am only up to 150. Ah the joys of being a teenager.

Apr 21, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #14 of 62
What are the odd's...i am also going on a diet.A buddy of mine today right after lunch basically told me straight up that i was getting a gut
eek.gif
.I knew i was getting a little overweight but not the way he described it.

Apr 21, 2006 at 10:18 AM Post #15 of 62
I am on a SeeFood Diet.

Very simple. I "See" food, I eat. Yum. Bon Apetit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back