I'm entering the headphone market and need help and I'm a new comer to this site.
Mar 21, 2011 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ali 93

New Head-Fier
Hello there I was wondering if some one could help me. I currently use Turtle Beaches X1's for Xbox 360 gaming and PC  I also use them occasionally for music and thought they sounded really nice but recently I tried professional music headphones and was blow away by the sound quality.

My turtle Beaches are getting a bit old now and have a crack in them and won't be long till they break and ive taken the decision to buy a professional pair of music music headphones.

I'm willing to spend around £200 maybe more on a new pair of headphones I'll be using them for Music, gaming and movies.

Could anyone please suggest a pair of headphones that would suit my needs. And for music I listen to Drum and Bass and Dubstep so I would preferable like a pair with lots of bass.

Many thanks.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 5
You could try looking under the head gear section and read some of the reviews, lot's of good info there also. Then You need to figure out what is best to Your liking, over the ear, on the ear or in the ear, comfort will be a big issue for You if You wear them for long stretches. You could look into Sennheisers or Grados, but what is good for Me may not be good for You!
atsmile.gif

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 5
I recommend checking this guide

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Could anyone please suggest a pair of headphones that would suit my needs. And for music I listen to Drum and Bass and Dubstep so I would preferable like a pair with lots of bass.

BeyerDynamic DT770/600 ohms (I got mine for $185USD off of Amazon) and a decent amp to power them. No questions. S'wot I use when I wanna get my wubwubwubstep on. (Okay, technically, I use my DT770s for everything, but that's because I'm too poor to afford a large variety of cans. Damn me for being a college student!)

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back