I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Apr 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #346 of 408
Opps. Wrong thread

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #347 of 408
Quote:
How does GR02 stand against AH-C360?

Hah - Murphy's Law: the AH-C360 was my first IEM on that list, and as a result the one I've listened to the least in the past year, as I've been busy acquiring new monitors/phones to experience, so much so that I've lent it to my girlfriend who could not find it when I was at her place yesterday.

In addition, the pair I bought my brother for his birthday a couple of years back is with my brother out of town until this weekend, while he visits our parents.

So I cannot A/B them until the weekend, and I haven't listened to them recently enough to be able to even give a band-aid response, aside from this:

The first reason I stopped listening to my AH-C360 as much was because I bought the AH C560. I like my AH C560 very much, and I always keep reaching for them before all of my other IEMs. This is to be expected, somewhat, as the C560 is also the most expensive IEM that I own ($130 CAD when I bought them 2/3 years ago or so), while the AH-C360 was $60 CAD when I bought the pair for my brother around the same time (I had owned my pair of C360s for probably two years before that. It was a gift, but I can only assume retailed around the same price back then, still).

The GR02 holds its own completely beside my AH C560, and I paid $37 CAD shipped on eBay around 3 weeks ago.

This is a terrific monitor, and it is very similar in sound to both of the Denons I own (that strong, full, forward bass), at a fraction of the cost.

I will A/B this weekend, but I hope that this answers your question in the meantime.

May 3, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #348 of 408
Quote:
Hah - Murphy's Law: the AH-C360 was my first IEM on that list, and as a result the one I've listened to the least in the past year, as I've been busy acquiring new monitors/phones to experience, so much so that I've lent it to my girlfriend who could not find it when I was at her place yesterday.

In addition, the pair I bought my brother for his birthday a couple of years back is with my brother out of town until this weekend, while he visits our parents.

So I cannot A/B them until the weekend, and I haven't listened to them recently enough to be able to even give a band-aid response, aside from this:

The first reason I stopped listening to my AH-C360 as much was because I bought the AH C560. I like my AH C560 very much, and I always keep reaching for them before all of my other IEMs. This is to be expected, somewhat, as the C560 is also the most expensive IEM that I own ($130 CAD when I bought them 2/3 years ago or so), while the AH-C360 was $60 CAD when I bought the pair for my brother around the same time (I had owned my pair of C360s for probably two years before that. It was a gift, but I can only assume retailed around the same price back then, still).

The GR02 holds its own completely beside my AH C560, and I paid $37 CAD shipped on eBay around 3 weeks ago.

This is a terrific monitor, and it is very similar in sound to both of the Denons I own (that strong, full, forward bass), at a fraction of the cost.

I will A/B this weekend, but I hope that this answers your question in the meantime.

Thanks man! Just bought an apartment so even the GR02 is expensive now... but will probably buy them with the next paycheck.

May 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #349 of 408
Quote:

Thanks man! Just bought an apartment so even the GR02 is expensive now... but will probably buy them with the next paycheck.

Finally sat down with my brother's AH C360 and my GR02 for some A/B. For me, I always start with bass, then go from there:

GR02
Tight, clean bass. Heavy impact, heavy punch, great extension. Slightly shorter decay than the AH C360.
Soundstage is wide.
Clear separation. Everything rings out so clear and clean. I noticed sometimes more separate than I prefer. Some "busier" songs were almost distracting in the way instruments/sounds interrupted each other.
Highs are bright; sparkly. However, more forward and  harsher than the AH C360. Closer to my preference but not perfect.

AH C360
Booming bass, great extension, long decay. Fun, but not really audiophile quality. If you love bass in your music these would work (heck, they still put a smile on my face returning to them after years)
More-veiled presentation in general, however, still very pleasing to me. Smaller soundstage. More crowded instrumentation.
Male vocals actually sounded better than the GR02. Cymbals crash nicely and fully.
Better comfort, lighter, slightly easier to maintain seal.

In conclusion, I'm quite surprised by the differences in these two monitors. The AH C360 is warmer, and its overall tuning is actually very pleasing to me. Not as refined, but certain acoustic sounds we just more organic. Mind you, my GR02 is new and has maybe ~30 hours played through it total, and the AH C360 has been well-loved and well-played by my brother (his only pair of IEMs). If the GR02 settles down a little bit in the highs it may catch up to the Denons in that aspect.

I prefer the bass in the GR02; the Denons are boomier with more forward bass presentation. I do like the longer bass decay in the Denons, however.

If these two monitors were priced the same I would recommend the GR02. Since the GR02 is almost half as expensive, it becomes a no-brainer. The GR02 has a sound worth much more than its pricetag, plain and simple.

If you do find the Denon AH C360 in around $30 price range, I still think they are enjoyable enough to warrant a try.

May 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #350 of 408
So I've had a of GR02s e for about two years, from a recommendation from a friend. Unfortunately I lost them a few hours ago, and don't think I'm getting them back. While they were amazing headphones for an amateur like me, the 'wings' on them were a bit too annoying sometimes. I'd almost certainly reorder them, especially given the price, but I'm wondering if there were any alternates I should consider in the price-range.
Edit: I got them back, who knew, lost property can actually work sometimes.

May 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #352 of 408
So would the GR02 BE be a step up from the Soundmagic E10?  Also, Amazon has a GR02 Pro Silver Cord version.  How does this compare to the GR02 BE (I believe they are different)?  Sorry if this has been hashed out somewhere else.  Thanks.

May 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #353 of 408
Quote:
So would the GR02 BE be a step up from the Soundmagic E10?  Also, Amazon has a GR02 Pro Silver Cord version.  How does this compare to the GR02 BE (I believe they are different)?  Sorry if this has been hashed out somewhere else.  Thanks.

I have both the GR02 BE and E10 and I do prefer the GR02 BE. I find the Bass punchier, tighter and quicker and find the E10's highs slightly veiled.

May 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #356 of 408
Greetings, after reading through this thread (and several others), I'm interesting in purchasing the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition. However, I'm still deciding where will be the best place to get it. A few people asked this, but just to clarify, are the one from Amazon NOT the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition? Which model is it anyway? [http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EM9KRI]
I've narrowed it down to these three, from which one is the best dealer?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321119764722 ~[size=small]lendmeurears (Main Site)[/size]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380376622782 ~[size=small]bigbargainonline[/size]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280947959087 ~[size=small]deng8718[/size]
Based on what the others have posted, I'm thinking about getting it from lendmeurears on ebay, although OP got it from big bargainonline. The prices are identical as the BBO adds the shipping cost, and the other two are $36 fixed with free shipping. Thoughts?

May 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #358 of 408
Quote:
Greetings, after reading through this thread (and several others), I'm interesting in purchasing the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition. However, I'm still deciding where will be the best place to get it. A few people asked this, but just to clarify, are the one from Amazon NOT the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition? Which model is it anyway? [http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EM9KRI]
I've narrowed it down to these three, from which one is the best dealer?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321119764722 ~[size=small]lendmeurears (Main Site)[/size]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380376622782 ~[size=small]bigbargainonline[/size]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280947959087 ~[size=small]deng8718[/size]
Based on what the others have posted, I'm thinking about getting it from lendmeurears on ebay, although OP got it from big bargainonline. The prices are identical as the BBO adds the shipping cost, and the other two are $36 fixed with free shipping. Thoughts?

Note that the BBO auction you've linked to is the set with only 4 pairs of tips, while the lendmeurears link is for the package with 14 sets of tips. If I could do my purchase over I would get the 14-tip package.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #360 of 408
Quote:
Anyone here check out the R02 silver editions yet? Wondering if there are any opinions besides the big IEM shootout thread.

I've had them a few days now. At first I didn't like them at all, sounded very muffled and dull, but burn in made a large difference for me, the sound has opened up much more and sounds a lot more clear and bright. I had the Gr02 bass before these and I must admit it took me a little while to get used to the reduced bass but these are growing on me every day. As of now the bass sounds punchy and impactful and I don't really think I would want anymore of it. Mid are quite forward, with accoustic guitar parts and piano/synths really coming to the fore and sounding really pleasant. Extended female vocal flourishes (think a Whitney Houston, or Florence and the Machine holler) can be a little harsh at times but more sedate vocal passages are very enjoyable. Highs are middle of the road, not much sparkle but no sibilance either.

Sorry for the slightly rambling post. In summary: Coming from a bass heavy iem you may be initially disappointed but these will likely grow into a more a satisfying experience over time. At least 10-20 hours burn in essential to my ears anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back