I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Jun 13, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #362 of 408
Quote:
I've had them a few days now. At first I didn't like them at all, sounded very muffled and dull, but burn in made a large difference for me, the sound has opened up much more and sounds a lot more clear and bright. I had the Gr02 bass before these and I must admit it took me a little while to get used to the reduced bass but these are growing on me every day. As of now the bass sounds punchy and impactful and I don't really think I would want anymore of it. Mid are quite forward, with accoustic guitar parts and piano/synths really coming to the fore and sounding really pleasant. Extended female vocal flourishes (think a Whitney Houston, or Florence and the Machine holler) can be a little harsh at times but more sedate vocal passages are very enjoyable. Highs are middle of the road, not much sparkle but no sibilance either.

Sorry for the slightly rambling post. In summary: Coming from a bass heavy iem you may be initially disappointed but these will likely grow into a more a satisfying experience over time. At least 10-20 hours burn in essential to my ears anyway.

Thanks for the quick review. I guess I'm just a sucker for bass. Gimme good bass extension and we'll be best friends - thats what my brain thinks about headphones... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #363 of 408
So I've had mine a while (bass edition) and I've just never taken to them. I like bass but these just sound too muffled, even after a good deal of burn in. If someone is interested in buying them or trading or something, please just let me know. They're in fine condition!

I wonder how the non-bass edition sounds. Seems like it has a better mix overall soundwise. I like good bass, especially when it's punchy and you can feel it, but I want it integrated into the soundstage, not overwhelming it.

MrMonte

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #364 of 408
I just received a pair I bought online, these are the same kind

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-White-R02ProII-Silver-Cord-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380412985436?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item589261805c

They are the white, silver cord flagship edition.

Can someone explain to me what kind of headphone I ended up buying? Are these the classic, bass, silver, etc? The naming is very confusing.

I tried them out last night out of the box they do sound very clear with a lot of treble. What was very disappointing was the almost non-existant bass. I'm coming from Klipsch Pro-medias (equivalent to the S4's) which had tons more bass (and those aren't even supposed to be bass heavy). I'm doing a burn in period right now for a few hours and I'm hoping the bass improves. Does anyone else have a similar experience with these? Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #365 of 408
Quote:
I just received a pair I bought online, these are the same kind

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-White-R02ProII-Silver-Cord-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380412985436?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item589261805c

They are the white, silver cord flagship edition.

Can someone explain to me what kind of headphone I ended up buying? Are these the classic, bass, silver, etc? The naming is very confusing.

I tried them out last night out of the box they do sound very clear with a lot of treble. What was very disappointing was the almost non-existant bass. I'm coming from Klipsch Pro-medias (equivalent to the S4's) which had tons more bass (and those aren't even supposed to be bass heavy). I'm doing a burn in period right now for a few hours and I'm hoping the bass improves. Does anyone else have a similar experience with these? Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

They definitely aren't as boomy as the S4, but I think they have good bass presence, certainly not "nonexistent." Perhaps you aren't getting a good seal?

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #366 of 408
Quote:
They definitely aren't as boomy as the S4, but I think they have good bass presence, certainly not "nonexistent." Perhaps you aren't getting a good seal?

The naming scheme is rather confusing. The model with the most bass would be the GR02 BE (Bass Edition), which can be purchased from Lendmeurears.

I believe the one you purchased online was the previous model before the BE (Bass Editions).  

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #367 of 408
Quote:
The naming scheme is rather confusing. The model with the most bass would be the GR02 BE (Bass Edition), which can be purchased from Lendmeurears.

I believe the one you purchased online was the previous model before the BE (Bass Editions).  

Good eye; I hadn't even checked his ebay link. I myself was speaking on the GR02 BE, while, as you pointed out, he bought the regular GR02. I cannot comment on that monitor as I haven't heard it.

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #368 of 408
Thanks for the replies. So is mine an "older" version that isn't as well regarded or is it simply cleaner with less bass? 

I tried burning them in for a few hours then listened to a few songs and when I listend to songs that were "bass enhanced," the headphones were providing a solid amount of bass, so I don't think it's the seal or the lack of ability. However, when I went back to a normal song, the bass again seemed weak. Is this simply what I should expect or has people had experience with the bass constantly improving with more and more use? 

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #370 of 408
How do these compare to creative ep 630s? I currently have those and i really like the warmness of how they sound and was wondering if the GR02 Bass Editions would be an upgrade? 

Also, is it worth the extra money to go for the upper tier VSD1 or GR06s as opposed to the GR02 BEs? Since I will spend some extra money buying the comply foam tips for the gr02 (something that the gr06 comes with), the gr06 is actually a bit cheaper. Which one should I go for?

Thanks!

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #371 of 408
It might sound stupid to most Head Fi'ers here, but personally the EP 630 is one of my favorite IEM's. It sounds great and the fact that it's cheap makes things even more fun. I've had a bunch of IEM's, cheap and expensive, and personally the EP 630 is at the top of the list price/quality wise.

The isolation of the 630 is better than the GR02 BE (could be due to the vents on the back side of the GR02 monitors), and the clarity of the mids and highs are better.

The only bad side is that the build quality of the ep 630 is terrible.

This is my opinion.

Jul 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #372 of 408
Quote:
How do these compare to creative ep 630s? I currently have those and i really like the warmness of how they sound and was wondering if the GR02 Bass Editions would be an upgrade? 

Also, is it worth the extra money to go for the upper tier VSD1 or GR06s as opposed to the GR02 BEs? Since I will spend some extra money buying the comply foam tips for the gr02 (something that the gr06 comes with), the gr06 is actually a bit cheaper. Which one should I go for?

Thanks!

Personally, I liked the GR02 BE more than the GR06. The GR06 just sounded veiled in my IMO. It really comes down to personal preference though.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #373 of 408
I'm also looking at getting my hands on some GR02BE but I don't know whether to get the old or new one (the new one has less tips but is the manufacturing is slightly better).
Question is, would the manufacturing make a big enough difference to the sound to balance the trade off of not having many ear tips?

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #374 of 408
I haven't heard the older version with the extra tips. I didn't know there was a difference sonically between the two.

At the time I purchased I think both versions could be had for the same price. I was kicking myself when I realized I had bought the one with less tips.

You get so many more tips in the first version, that it is the version I would recommend.

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #375 of 408
Taken from the bigbargainonline eBay page :

Based on the original GR02 ‘silver cable edition’, the new GR02 ‘silver cable edition’ has been manufactured under stricter standard using Torso Simulator (HATS) and soundCheck software audio measurement system to achieve channel balance of less than 2dB apart and ensure the highest fidelity for each earphones.

However although this says the product is the new gr02,the pictures show the 13 sets of tips... I'll email the seller and see if they're actually included.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back