I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Apr 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #332 of 408
Quote:
Gr07 BE is better then the mkii imho
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, that's very debatable. Have you actually tried the MKII? 

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #336 of 408
For anyone wondering (since I got a few PM's about it) I got lucky and won mine via auction. I believe major retailers such as Amazon sells them for around $30-35, but any lower, and you'll have to keep your eyes peeled for other auctions that pop up from time to time.

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #337 of 408
Hi guys,
I recently bought the vsonic gr02 and I dunno if mine is screwed up already.

-Sometimes it sounds "static-y" like u know that sound u get when ur searching for a radio station.

-Also I have to push the headbuds all the way into my ear and turn up the sound really high to get some good bass. This hurts my ears after a while 
size]

-I cant describe it but they sound muffled/unclear yet clear at the same time. I dunno, its like something is between the earphone and my ears lol.

Honestly, they sound worse than my senheiser cx150 which shouldn't be the case?

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #338 of 408
Quote:
Hi guys,
I recently bought the vsonic gr02 and I dunno if mine is screwed up already.

-Sometimes it sounds "static-y" like u know that sound u get when ur searching for a radio station.

-Also I have to push the headbuds all the way into my ear and turn up the sound really high to get some good bass. This hurts my ears after a while 
size]

-I cant describe it but they sound muffled/unclear yet clear at the same time. I dunno, its like something is between the earphone and my ears lol.

Honestly, they sound worse than my senheiser cx150 which shouldn't be the case?

You have a bad apple there - none of those things are characteristics of the GR02 BE. You need a good seal for any IEM to get good bass but this shouldn't be a chore to accomplish. Static should be non existent unless it is coming from your source. They should be clear as a bell, nice crisp highs and great low punchy bass. Have they been like this from day one and where did you buy them from?

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #341 of 408
Quote:
You have a bad apple there - none of those things are characteristics of the GR02 BE. You need a good seal for any IEM to get good bass but this shouldn't be a chore to accomplish. Static should be non existent unless it is coming from your source. They should be clear as a bell, nice crisp highs and great low punchy bass. Have they been like this from day one and where did you buy them from?

Quote:
The static is from your source, the iem has a v-shaped sound signiture and they need a good burn into be at there top sound production
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Yeah, what is your source?

i got it from some user on ebay called lendmeurears or something.

Sorry for not being clear, but they do sound mostly clear but its just sometimes when a person is singing or their is a high pitched sound, the music sounds "static-y" or veiled. ( srry for description, im completely noob about music)

Also how do i burn it in. I thought burn in doesnt exist/myth.

Should I just send it back? I dunno if its worth it since i have to pay the return shipping.
In other news, Im getting the sony mh1c's soon. Hopefully they're better. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #342 of 408
You should use fast heavy bass track on full volume on your portable source to burn them in and because they have a v-shaped frequency response they trebleare more pronounced meaning you might hear sibilence in some track which might be badly recorded . Don't worry the iem is fine just burn them in and for the sony mh1c they are awesome as well when modded by removing the fabric filter on the nozzle and keeping the foam inside :)

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #343 of 408
Ordered mine through the ebay seller mentioned in this thread - got them in today.

I've got to say thank you to Magicman74 for making this thread, as it was the kick in the pants to decide to order.

What a fun IEM! I agree 100% on the sound signature - and the soundstage; I've yet to hear this much "room" before in an IEM.

Mind you, my experience is limited ( JVC HA FXT90, image s4i, Shure se215, Denon AH C560 & C360 are the only other IEMs I own), these have a unique enough "personality" from my other IEMs to completely justify the purchase.

Have yet to pair them with my E5 or my newly-purchased E11 (also just arrived today - thanks Headphonebar - and is still charging), but I am extremely optimistic and excited.

My pair came with the reduced accessory bundle - I knew that from the ebay listing - but I am very happy so far with the seal from the medium round tips - we'll see how they are after I've taken them to the gym/gone for a run.

Anyway, thanks again. Another satisfied listener. Will put them through burn-in to see if any changes (read: improvements) arise.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #344 of 408
Quote:
Ordered mine through the ebay seller mentioned in this thread - got them in today.

I've got to say thank you to Magicman74 for making this thread, as it was the kick in the pants to decide to order.

What a fun IEM! I agree 100% on the sound signature - and the soundstage; I've yet to hear this much "room" before in an IEM.

Mind you, my experience is limited ( JVC HA FXT90, image s4i, Shure se215, Denon AH C560 & C360 are the only other IEMs I own), these have a unique enough "personality" from my other IEMs to completely justify the purchase.

Have yet to pair them with my E5 or my newly-purchased E11 (also just arrived today - thanks Headphonebar - and is still charging), but I am extremely optimistic and excited.

My pair came with the reduced accessory bundle - I knew that from the ebay listing - but I am very happy so far with the seal from the medium round tips - we'll see how they are after I've taken them to the gym/gone for a run.

Anyway, thanks again. Another satisfied listener. Will put them through burn-in to see if any changes (read: improvements) arise.

How does GR02 stand against AH-C360?

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #345 of 408
This is my 2nd replacement. My first pair of gr02 be had channel imbalance.

I think theres something wrong with these replacements. First, the highs are deafening. It literally makes my ears bleed. Also things sound muffled and very narrow.

My first pair was clear wide sounding and crystal clear.

Ughh anothrr defective pair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back