I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Feb 21, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #257 of 408
I already have the GR02 BE, VC02 (more linear) and GR07 BE so not sure if I have room for the GR06 but you never know...

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #259 of 408
I received my GR02 BE's today.

Nice presentation, something like 10 pairs of tips (difficult to swap), nice L connector.

Some issues with the ebay seller, but all good in the end.

3 hours old: I like these. They sound good, I might have to grab the MH1C's back of my GF to do an A/B comparison, but i prefer the sound of these. Don't really get why the MH1C's get the hype they do (yes they sound good, but they're not the only good value IEM around).

Isolation seems pretty good, I'll be using these at the gym, so that might be an interesting test of their durability.

Thanks to posters in this tread for encouraging me to spend $36. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #261 of 408
8 hours in, I've been A/Bing them against my Beyer 770's that I've been tinkering with. I cant see the Beyers sounding this good no matter what I do. Definitely not for the bass shy. 90's metal sounds lovely, all the thick fast sounds have so much depth.

Awesome IEM IMO. I can see the novelty lasting a week before I want to try something else. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #262 of 408
Just received the GR02 BE from [Shakespeare>Julius Caesar>Brutus>Friends,Romans,Countrymen,L.M.Y.Es] and am so impressed that I purchased another pair for spare. Won't bore you any further so no more to say...........

For those who are as picky as your sincerely.......also......[Shakespeare>Julius Caesar>Marcus Antonius>Friends,Romans,Countrymen and Lovers,L.M.Y.ES]

TYVM OP

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #263 of 408
I've ordered some Comply tips to assist with cutting out the background noise (not bad). I've not tried them before.

Need to keep an ear on my listening levels, a bit loud, was enjoying them too much.

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #264 of 408
Well then , after doing some research I find myself still wondering what kind of IEM would be right for me. 
Let me describe a few points so you may be able to help me. 

I live  a moderately big city, so while cycling, I get surrounded by alot of different sounds. My previous IEM were Sennheiser CX300-II which I liked because of my musical preference:

I tend to listen to more bass oriented music, like house, electro, techno (so in general; Bingo Players, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Afrojack, Avicii) , but sometimes oldies like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones too. I enjoy deep bass sounds, but I don' want it to spoil the rest of the music, while listening to RHCP for example. 
I have a budget of around 45 Euros, so I'd say ~60 US $. 
I've already searched the forums, and I've already found some good ones (I think):

VSonic VC02
Brainwavz M2

Brainwavz M5
VSonic GR02 Bass Edition
Astrotec AM-90
SoundMAGIC E10/ E30/ EH11/ P30
Sennheiser CX400-II
JVC-HA-FX80
Sony MH1C

And obviously the ones discussed in this topic. Don't want to just follow the current hype, I want some recommendation for something great bang/buck.

Best thing for me would be something that covers a wide array electronic type muscial styles e.a. trance, techno, deep house, latin house etc.

Sound signature: Not sure what the right glossary is, but I enjoy deep bass sounds, although I dont want it to 'soften' the vocals. I think the right term is wide (?), rich, and most of all not flat. Also, prefer Bassy and something with at least a hint of a good body (obviously not really the deal within this price range). All in all, prefer to have a budget sound with something Warm
Source: HTC One S (like the One X, with Beats software)
Usage: Cycling trough a busy city, average day school, maybe homework. Short listening periods mostly.
Must-haves: Some isolation at least. Preferably a warm and/or bassy sound. Warm is more important over bassy though.

Also, I am not such a big audiofile like you, the reader may be. Forgive me for being a newbie please :)

If you could give me some advice, or maybe some other headphones for me to research, thad would be just great! 

p.s. sorry if I had any grammar mistakes.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #265 of 408
I think the GR02 BE is the one you are looking for - Give this a read and see what you think where I tested some of the ones you are looking at.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/640788/40-iem-battle-royale-rha-ma-350-added-3-1-13

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #267 of 408
Quote:
Alright! I'll check it out, your help is appreciated! 

Don't. The Gr02 BE is pretty much the opposite of what you've stated that you want. It has thin note presentation that does improve clarity but it's definitely not rich or full sounding and the mids are on the cold side. The treble can be slightly hot if you're sensitive and the bass while having a decent extension is softer on the impact.

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #268 of 408
Also, have a read of Jokers review of them in his thread - you will have to scroll a bit but it a good read on them.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-273-iems-compared-vsonic-vc02-added-02-24-13-p-641

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #269 of 408
Quote:
Also, have a read of Jokers review of them in his thread - you will have to scroll a bit but it a good read on them.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-273-iems-compared-vsonic-vc02-added-02-24-13-p-641

Already did that, did help alot, that is how I made my current list. Just wanted to hear some of your opinions as the common user does not go trough all the replies on that thread. 

Quote:
Don't. The Gr02 BE is pretty much the opposite of what you've stated that you want. It has thin note presentation that does improve clarity but it's definitely not rich or full sounding and the mids are on the cold side. The treble can be slightly hot if you're sensitive and the bass while having a decent extension is softer on the impact.

Well, what do you consider to be a better alternative then , the MH1C? 

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #270 of 408
Quote:

Going to have to disagree with you. The Gr02's bass is perfect for Trance & house. My playlist consist of about 80% trance & the rest is house/hardstyle and a bit of rap & dubstep. Bass is perfect in my opinion, vocals a bit more upfront than the Soundmagic E10 & vocals sound more clear on the Gr02 bass. I have also compared them to the Sennheiser CX 300 ii, definitely a big step up in terms of sound quality & sound louder with the same volume setting & a slight step up compared to the Soundmagic e10's.Kova4a Give them at least 50+ hours of burn-in before you spread you're final opinion on these. The Gr02 bass definitely sounds better after some burn-in, I would say it's mostly a mental burn-in if anything. Really recommend the Vsonic GR02 Bass, not a single regret & will buy another pair if lendmeurears sells them again on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back