I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
May 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #16 of 408
Quote:
Got mine today. It's hard to find any fault with them. A bit more bass, perhaps? 

A great bargain at the price, surely. Magician, I thank thee!

Update:
I just switched to medium single-flanges, and the boost got a very pleasant boost. Perfect.

Yeah, I use med-tips with a wide opening. It's gives the bass a little bit more.  If you've heard the Gr06?, It's the same Bass but a tad bit more then the 06.  The GR02 being called the Bass Edition is a reach IMO but it works quite well.  The GR99 on the other hand has much more Bass power but not as crisp as the 02s'   I'd say for Rock, Pop, ect..The GR02, For Dub, Rap ect..The Gr99....But either works quite well..  It's really Hard to tell much of a difference between the 99 & 02, The Bass is about it, You really have to give it a hard listen to tell the rest of the spectrum apart,  I'd rather enjoy the music instead:)

May 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #17 of 408
I don't think I'd want more than a little more bass than what I'm hearing. Are you sure the ones pictured by that ebay seller are different than on Amazon? The ebay ones look identical to mine.

If not for the insatiety of man, I could stop now. But curiosity demands I try out the GR06. No doubt, though, the GR02 has astonishing sound at the price.

EDIT: 
I seriously have no patience. I just ordered the GR04 Pro through Amazon overnight. Unfortunately, they don't have the GR06, but they do have the GR04 with $4 overnight Prime shipping. 
smile.gif

May 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #18 of 408
Quote:
I don't think I'd want more than a little more bass than what I'm hearing. Are you sure the ones pictured by that ebay seller are different than on Amazon? The ebay ones look identical to mine.

If not for the insatiety of man, I could stop now. But curiosity demands I try out the GR06. No doubt, though, the GR02 has astonishing sound at the price.

EDIT: 
I seriously have no patience. I just ordered the GR04 Pro through Amazon overnight. Unfortunately, they don't have the GR06, but they do have the GR04 with $4 overnight Prime shipping. 
smile.gif

I have the GR06...but once I purchased and heard the GR99 I decided to sell the GR06s.  The GR99 have a signature that just hits the spot (or at least, my spot). 

I also just bought the GR02s based on Magicman's recommendation.

May 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #19 of 408
Quote:
I have the GR06...but once I purchased and heard the GR99 I decided to sell the GR06s.  The GR99 have a signature that just hits the spot (or at least, my spot). 

I also just bought the GR02s based on Magicman's recommendation.

Yeah, Like I was saying, I can't believe how good the Gr99 & 02s sound.   I seem to reach for them more then anything else.  I wouldn't hype anything up but it's hard not to on these.
I think you'll like the 02's as well. Just take a little of the Bass off but tighten it up some( More in the line of the 06s but more depth) and add a wider soundstage then the GR99. The micro detail is also better on the 02's but it has the same pleasing sound of the 99s.    I have no idea why people aren't snatching these up?, Just amazing value.  Even tho the GR99 went up to $39.99  it's well worth it imo.   I'm listening to Camel-The Snow Goose--Holy Cow!!!  Amazing!!!

May 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #20 of 408
Quote:

EDIT: 
smile.gif

LOL, Got the bug I see. Same thing with me.  But I started at the GR06 and worked down.  I should have started at the bottom because I don't think I'd bought the Gr06, Don't get me wrong it's great but can be way too Mid-Forward on most music I like, and I feel it's missing some Umpphhh...It just needs some more power...I mostly use it for soft late night listening.
Let us know what you think on the 04s, I have one but split the shell on the left side before I even broke it in.  2nd party so no warranty

May 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #21 of 408
Okay, I've had the GR04 8 hours with a few hours of burn-in. Using the tips that came on them (medium single-flange), they sound much as described with upfront vocals/mids and decent but somewhat weak bass. The strong mids would be exciting for some material, but for other songs the singers sound like they're shouting over the rest of the music, and it can be fatiguing. It sounds off. But wait.

Change of tips. They included 1 large pair of foam tips (just one?). The bass becomes stronger, almost as strong as the gr02. The mids come back a little into their proper place. We now have a very sweet, balanced sound! These sound great with the foamies--much like the gr02, in fact. I'd probably have a hard time telling them apart in a blind A-B. This is all with just a little bit of listening and even less comparing, but surely both are a terrific value. The GR02 is looking to be the champ though. I'll likely try the Bass Edition or the GR99 in the near future.

Magic, have you experimented much with tips on the GR06? They can really change up the signature. 

May 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #22 of 408
Quote:
Okay, I've had the GR04 8 hours with a few hours of burn-in. Using the tips that came on them (medium single-flange), they sound much as described with upfront vocals/mids and decent but somewhat weak bass. The strong mids would be exciting for some material, but for other songs the singers sound like they're shouting over the rest of the music, and it can be fatiguing. It sounds off. But wait.

Change of tips. They included 1 large pair of foam tips (just one?). The bass becomes stronger, almost as strong as the gr02. The mids come back a little into their proper place. We now have a very sweet, balanced sound! These sound great with the foamies--much like the gr02, in fact. I'd probably have a hard time telling them apart in a blind A-B. This is all with just a little bit of listening and even less comparing, but surely both are a terrific value. The GR02 is looking to be the champ though. I'll likely try the Bass Edition or the GR99 in the near future.

Magic, have you experimented much with tips on the GR06? They can really change up the signature. 

I haven't tried a lot of tips with the Gr06, Just what I have on hand.  I'll try out the Foams....I get the best sound and comfort with the smallest foam lined tips that came with the set.

May 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #23 of 408
I had a similar effect with some rather large double flanges from cheap MEElectronics I had around. Do large tips typically accentuate bass and bring back the mids? 

May 26, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #24 of 408
This just in,  After massive head time the GR02 Bass Edition is SO much better then the GR06 imo....The GR06 are fantastic but for some reason the GR02's are magical.....My GR06 is going up for sale/trade......

May 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #25 of 408
Quote:
Yeah, Like I was saying, I can't believe how good the Gr99 & 02s sound.   I seem to reach for them more then anything else.  I wouldn't hype anything up but it's hard not to on these.
I think you'll like the 02's as well. Just take a little of the Bass off but tighten it up some( More in the line of the 06s but more depth) and add a wider soundstage then the GR99. The micro detail is also better on the 02's but it has the same pleasing sound of the 99s.    I have no idea why people aren't snatching these up?, Just amazing value.  Even tho the GR99 went up to $39.99  it's well worth it imo.   I'm listening to Camel-The Snow Goose--Holy Cow!!!  Amazing!!!

I received the GR02 (Bass Edition).  Holy Cow!!!  Amazing!!!
biggrin.gif

You were right.   They are so much better, to my ears, than the GR06 and the GR99.  

I only paid $20 + shipping.  It seems like I'm listening to something much, much more expensive.  

Everything is so clear...highs, mids and lows.   When I listen to the the GR06s its like a muddy veil is placed between me and the music.  With the GR99s, that veil is lifted, but something is not quite right - the balance is off somehow.  With the GR02 its like everything is fine tuned and harmony is achieved.

Yes, the GR99 is worth it at $39.99.  The GR06 are priced correctly at $60...its not their fault that the GR99s are better.  The GR02s are a steal at $20.  Twenty dollars, for crying out loud...that is what JVC marshmallows go for. 

May 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #26 of 408
Quote:

biggrin.gif

You were right.   They are so much better, to my ears, than the GR06 and the GR99.  

I only paid $20 + shipping.  It seems like I'm listening to something much, much more expensive.  

Everything is so clear...highs, mids and lows.   When I listen to the the GR06s its like a muddy veil is placed between me and the music.  With the GR99s, that veil is lifted, but something is not quite right - the balance is off somehow.  With the GR02 its like everything is fine tuned and harmony is achieved.

Yes, the GR99 is worth it at $39.99.  The GR06 are priced correctly at $60...its not their fault that the GR99s are better.  The GR02s are a steal at $20.  Twenty dollars, for crying out loud...that is what JVC marshmallows go for. 

elvergun, where did you find it for $20 + shipping?  that seems like a great deal

May 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #27 of 408
Quote:
elvergun, where did you find it for $20 + shipping?  that seems like a great deal

I purchased them from ebay seller keny-lin.  He puts them up for bid starting at $20 every once in a while.

Right now he has a couple up for sale at $28, which is still a steal for these.  I'm thinking of picking up another pair since they might be discontinued.

May 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #28 of 408
can you please give the link

May 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #29 of 408
May 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #30 of 408
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I told you...It's really hard to believe but these things are truly Amazing.
Quote:

Faithguy, if you are in the US you can buy from Lend ME UR EARS, They ship from their US warehouse (IL)  he also sells on ebay for $27 for the GR99(Cheapest I've found) And the GR02 Bass Edition for $36(The going Price)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR99-/320909994238?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ab7b9e8fe
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR02-Bass-/221028473872?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item337652dc10

If you are overseas and want to buy I recommend ebay seller BigBarginOnline....He is Fantastic!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-ProII-Silver-Cable-Flagship-Edition-Low-Frequency-IEM-Earphone-/380376622782?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item589036a6be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back