I'm Craving a well recorded cd with amazing vocal harmonies
Jan 6, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #19 of 28
Anonymous 4 - Gloryland

The Tallis Scholars - Spem in Alium

B000FWHVGE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V62441721_.jpg
B00005ATCU.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #20 of 28
Try some Stockfisch recordings.
Most of their CDs feature acoustic vocal music (altough no vocal and the production is always breathtaking.
Take one of the two "Closer to the Music" Samplers and there is a good chance that you will end up staring at your setup in disbeleive how good everything suddenly sounds.
Another over the top recording is Kari Bremnes "Over en by".

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #21 of 28
I happening to be listening to this right now:

B000B8QEYM.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Has some great harmonies. Should fit the bill.

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #24 of 28
i listened to an old Simon & Garfunkel LP last night- do you like them? Plenty of vocal harmony there.

Also, I'll second Brian Wilson's "Smile."

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #25 of 28
Porcupine Tree also incorporates some wonderful vocal harmonies into their music.

Exemplary songs off the top of my head: "Mellotron Scratch", "Heartattack In A Lay By", "Baby Dream In Cellophane"

Jan 7, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #26 of 28
I just put in Sting's latest album 'Songs from the Labyrinth' on to test my new Paradigm Atom monitor v5 bookshelf speakers. He really is a great vocalist but I wish they would have given Edin Karamazov more credit then just small text on the CD cover and a couple of mentions on the back on the album for he is an amazing lute player.
If I ever want to listen to some amazing pop songs with great vocal harmonizations, I never look too much further then The Zombies 'Odyssey and Oracles'. The songs are all very well written and produced amazingly in what is now called baroque pop, so expect heavy use of the mellotron for harpsichord and symphonic like effects.

edit: How could I have forgotten to mention the Beach Boy's Pet Sounds?!

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #27 of 28
Harmonium's debut, and Si On Avait Besoin 5ieme Saison have the best vocal harmonization ever recorded in the history of music. The production is decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back