I'm considering a 'proper' London Meet.
Feb 20, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I won't be coming Bangra..... the tailor reckons my pink suit and pink Panama hat won't be ready till May (awaiting pink silk thread from the peruvian feather tailed silkworm apparantly)

Hope you guys have a nice day..... I'll be thinking about you when I'm sucking pink kerosene out of my pink bottle wrapped in brown paper
biggrin.gif

All the best.

Pinkie.

I just remembered why I left London 14 years ago and the truth is... I don't fancy the venue :frowning2:

Feb 23, 2004 at 9:21 AM Post #22 of 40
The new mid to end of April date is good with me, it will also be great to hear some of the best gear around, though hopefully I will contain my upgraditis. Not sure i will be able to go to a portables meeting as well though if it goes ahead I will try to be there.

Mark

Feb 24, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #24 of 40
OMG, only just spotted this meet.

I'm only a noob, but have been looking for a local(ish) meet in the UK to learn more and listen to some pearls of wisdom from Those That Know (Oh & to heaphones too!).

Have a Zen Xtra & a 4AAA TAH and HD497. I'm actively looking into upgrading the phones at the moment, so I would expect to have something mre worthwhile to bring to the party.

I'm pretty easy on dates over the next few months so long as it's not over Easter. I'll be coming from Cambridge BTW, so it's just an easy train ride for me to most anywhere in London.

Feb 24, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #25 of 40
Good to see that you're intending to come along RussmanUK
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for having not been around the past few days, have been in the US, and (i'm ashamed to say
wink.gif
) Head-Fi was one of the last things on my mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways... I'm up for both meets
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #27 of 40
I've got a pair of HD580 Jubilees on their way from saint.panda via the For Sale forum. Can't wait to listen to my first pair of proper hi-fi 'phones. Anyway, by the time of the meet I'll probably have upgraded again if I continue to hang around here all the time..... <sigh>

Feb 26, 2004 at 12:03 PM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by russmanuk
I've got a pair of HD580 Jubilees on their way from saint.panda via the For Sale forum. Can't wait to listen to my first pair of proper hi-fi 'phones. Anyway, by the time of the meet I'll probably have upgraded again if I continue to hang around here all the time..... <sigh>

ouch it's been you that stole my deal on saint.panda's 580 ...
I'll keep an evil eye on you forever ..
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #29 of 40
I had every intension of buying and IHP-120, but decided that the 40 gig is what I want. Sadly the price of the IHP-140 at the moment is way too high, yet I don't want to by the 20 gig model and have no spare space on it. If the IHP-140 comes down in price I will likely buy one and if I can come to the meet I will bring it along. (Lots of maybe's there...sorry)

Wordsworth

Feb 26, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

ouch it's been you that stole my deal on saint.panda's 580 ...

Ooops, sorry Boodi, yep it was me, I admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back