I'm considering a 'proper' London Meet.
Feb 13, 2004 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello All,

Just editing this post. I think we're going to split this into two meets. One in mid March (20th) and one in mid to end April.

March meet will be for mainly portable equipment and will be in central London.
April meet will be for mainly home gear and will be in Woking, Surrey.

Feb 13, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 40
If we have it in April or May then I have a nice apartment in Fulham which we can use for this purpose...

You'll get to see a Burmester System in action too
very_evil_smiley.gif

End of May is best for me
cool.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 40
Yup... I'm interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 40
I do hope it isn't just us two sitting in a conference room...
wink.gif

Fulham is a great idea for end of May. We'll try this particular meet for a Saturday towards the end of March, and see how things go. How's that sit with everyone, if you are out there? I think I have a location in central London, just off piccadilly. It is nowhere swish but the place is convenient.

Feb 14, 2004 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 40
yep, im interested too.

Feb 14, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
With tables, electricity points, coffee machines but WITHOUT beer
biggrin.gif
I'm willing to foot the cost of renting a basic venue for an afternoon in central London on a weekend in March or April if there is interest to do this.

The deal would be that everyone would have to bring something and we'll try and go for as wide a mix of gear as possible. Indicate your interest here. For now there's no need (and please don't) list what you intend to bring.

Can you bring your own beer? I don't drink coffee and there is no mention of a hot water point to make tea so I'll come if I can bring some beer? (or wine if beer is deemed inappropriate)

It's only 7 hours by train from Scotland and London is my home town so it would be great !!

Mike.

Feb 14, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #8 of 40
Since there may be underage people present and also to prevent mishaps I think we'll keep the alkie drinks outside (i.e. head off to a pub later if desired).

I'm going to take a look at the proposed venue and also fix a date. I'll update towards the end of the week.

Feb 14, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 40
I am interested, would be good to try some new phones, and hopefully someone will have an amp which makes the A1000 sound good (which it did during the last meet I went to) as it sounds terrible with the chiara, which sounds great with the HD580's.

Let me know the details as they get finalised.

Mark

Feb 15, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Since there may be underage people present and also to prevent mishaps I think we'll keep the alkie drinks outside (i.e. head off to a pub later if desired).

I'm going to take a look at the proposed venue and also fix a date. I'll update towards the end of the week.

As long as there's a toilet there where I can swig my brew without offending underaged audiophiles all will be well :)

Feb 19, 2004 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 40
Bangraman,

I though I would reply here rather than filling up your PM.

End of March is pretty good for me, what I bring will depend on others, if no one else plans on taking the chiara amp, that will likely come along as well as the sosenuto-1 amp+DAC (runs off batteries or mains), my HD580 and the Ety's. Quite happy to leave anyting behind if there is duplication.

Mark

Feb 20, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 40
I won't be coming Bangra..... the tailor reckons my pink suit and pink Panama hat won't be ready till May (awaiting pink silk thread from the peruvian feather tailed silkworm apparantly)

Hope you guys have a nice day..... I'll be thinking about you when I'm sucking pink kerosene out of my pink bottle wrapped in brown paper
biggrin.gif

All the best.

Pinkie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back