I'm bored with my MS1's, and I want something different. What to get?
Oct 5, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
600's are harder to get on the FS forums, and they are more expensive.

Besides, modding it will be fun
wink.gif

I personally wouldn't call grille- and cable-swapping mods.
wink.gif
Re-foaming them would come closer (and I recommend it heartily).

Cheers!

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally wouldn't call grille- and cable-swapping mods.
wink.gif
Re-foaming them would come closer (and I recommend it heartily).

Cheers!

Well I dunno about the cable, but I will be swapping grille simply because the plastic one that comes with the HD580 is ugly.

Mmm... Where can the parts be bought? I thought it was the sennheiser website, but I can't find anything...

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #33 of 36
I found Grado and Senns to be a wonderful compliment. The HD580s are great cans. If you are unhappy with the sound of the MS1s then you could not have chosen a more different end of the spectrum to explore. I found over time that having two juxtaposed sounds allows me to appreciate the other all the more.

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have 580s, MS-1s, and 501s. Youre basically covered for all types of music. Go team Mid-Fi!!!

I kind of agree with this statement.

Have you considered bowl pads for your MS1? IMHO they open up the soundstage a lot.

+1 vote for a modded HD580. The headband may suffer from paint chips though, one of my biggest complaints about the 580.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #35 of 36
Why don't you get a PX-100 or KSC-75, it won't take a hit on your wallet and it will give you a better idea of what you would like to upgrade to.

Before that. I would also try modding your MS-1's in different ways. Cheers.

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber_Soul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you get a PX-100 or KSC-75, it won't take a hit on your wallet and it will give you a better idea of what you would like to upgrade to.

Before that. I would also try modding your MS-1's in different ways. Cheers.

I got the KSC-75 already. And I've decided on what to get from this thread too... I got the HD580.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back