I'm about to buy the hje900's for $90.. stop me?
Oct 10, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #31 of 35

Quote:
whats the differnce between the m9 and m11 sounds? and whats the difference between the m9 set and the m9 balanced?

The tips in the M9 and M11 kits don't sound different don't have a different sound, per se. Different tips will sound different and give you a different fit, but it isn't that the M11 tips will give you more bass or bring the mids out. You will just have to try them all individually and pick your winner. I preferred the M9 gray "balanced" tips. I'm thinking of getting some Comply's to try them out, next.

The M9 "balanced" tips are the same size and shape of the black standard, but made out of a softer silicone. It reduces the bass a bit. These sound better for me, but I listen to mostly metal and the bass can get a bit overwhelming on some tracks with the standard double flanges.

Oct 11, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #33 of 35
Most of the time the difference is subtle at the most. The stock tips may sound better than the Meelec's to you. Some IEM's I have sound good with Sony Hybrids and others I have don't. Some I have sound crappy with Comply's and some sound great. IEM's and tips are different to everyone. The reason I suggested the M11+'s tips is there are so many in the kit. The more you have the better chance you will have finding one that works for you. Since the Meelec tips are so cheap, get as many sets as you want to spend. Getting a good airtight seal is the most important. After that, port size, insertion depth, tip composition and shape may change the sound slightly.

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #35 of 35

Quote:

Ah, thanks very much. I hope that if some harm comes to the filter, I'll have a way to remedy it.

I have some of these! I'll ask my brother to send them to me. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks so much for this information! I just ordered 3-pairs of the medium size from Comply. I very much enjoyed the sound signature that foam tips gave me on the MPTG. On the Comply site, when I selected HJE900 it said that the correct tips were the T400s. I bought the T500s because I trust your experience, and the difference between them (as detailed by the Jeff K) isn't too dramatic, especially if you choose something that is too small (which is easier to make functional than something that is too big).

edit: Oops! It seems as if I didn't actually place the order yet. Now that I have the choice, should I go with the Comply site's recommendation? I might go with the Tx-400, or Tx-500 (depending on whether I go with the 400 or 500 series), since I'd rather not have to risk cleaning cloth filters!

The comply tips i use on the hje900 are the ones that came with my TF10 so i am pretty sure they are T500

Quote:
comply tips on these sounds like a bad idea specially considering where the port is.

They sound great ,and the bass and drum timbre on the pannys with the comply tips on is one of the best i have experienced so far .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back