I'm about to buy the hje900's for $90.. stop me?
Oct 7, 2010 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

HungryHippo

New Head-Fier
I'm seriously considering buying these, however I just want to hear what you guys have to say (good or bad) and if you think I should spend my money elsewhere.
Thanks

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 35
I don't want to stop you , lol. Great sounding phone , and So worth that $90's so go grab them while you can 
L3000.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 35
The Comply Foam T-400 tips fit perfectly.  I never used the stock tips on mine, I had the T400's lying around and went straight with those.

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #8 of 35
Lol i won't lose my house but I do have 1 more newbie question, I heard that the UE ear tips are the best for these headphones. However, on ultimate ear's website I'm asked what earphones I have, does it matter which model I choose and if so which model should I say I own? Lol sorry and thanks for all the replies I appreciate all of them.

Oct 8, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 35

Quote:
I think someone mentioned 10% off on orders over 100, so buy a pack of tips like the sony hybrids and it'll stay around 90.

Great suggestion, but would just like to say I find the hybrids to be quite bad with these, as great tips as they are overall. A number of other members I know agree with me. Everything sounds muddier, and soundstage is significantly compressed. Still, I say go for it anyways if you end up paying the same amount anyways. At worst, they can be useful tips for other earphones.

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #12 of 35
I just got mine, SQ wise, I still like my se530 more but these sound good as well.
I was looking for a pair that I don't need to wear over the ear and quick to plug in and out.
These serve very well for those purposes and comfort enough to wear while sleeping.
But beware, without some EQ or mod these have harsh sparkles
I think these were most harsh sparkling iems I've tried so far
Build quality is top notch, compare to pathetic se530 build quality.

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #14 of 35
i'd like to hear more about tips.... what are the best tips for these?

and yeah the treble is sharp for some but i had the KSC75 and i was actually a little disappointed since the treble for the 900s don't sparkle as much but its much fuller and clearer.... GO FOR IT. you won't regret it.

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #15 of 35
it seems like the UE single flange are the best for these..

I just wanted to let you guys know that I just ordered a pair of hje900's for $90 and on top of that the UE single flange tips! I'll let you guys know if I enjoy them (which I'm sure I will!) as soon as they get heree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back