Im a sailor now :)
Aug 25, 2010 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
I graduated from RTC great lakes and now starting to get back into the swing of things on head fi hello head-fiers how are things going?!

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 26

There is an old English song that reads like this.

All the nice girls love a sailor,
All the nice girls love a tar;
For there's something about a sailor --
Well, you know what sailors are!

Bright and breezy, free and easy,
He's the ladies' pride and joy.
Falls in love with Kate and Jane,
Then he's off to sea again --

Ship Ahoy! Ship Ahoy!

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #4 of 26
Im currently at A school and wont get to my first duty post for at least another year but all is going well so far :) oh and happily married at that!

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #6 of 26
Congratulations!
May you have many enjoyable journeys.

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
Congratulations shipmate.  What's your MOS going to be? 

I haven't filled out my dream sheet yet but im trying for ET-NAV :D

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 26
Congrats. I worked at ships over 10 years as a marine engineer and travel all around the world. It's very exciting life. Now, I am a land animal. I envy adventures lies ahead on your food 
wink_face.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 26
I did a tour with the Navy (USS Truman) in the Persian Gulf in '04, fun times! Well I wasn't in the Navy (Marines) but I by and large was in the Navy during those nine months...

Where's your A school at? Just don't get stuck working in the chow hall or cleaning the heads on the boat!

Aug 26, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #10 of 26

It's just like this, right? Good luck, dude, I had an uncle who was in the Navy for 6 years.

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #13 of 26
Thanks guys i plan on being 110% squared away when i get to my first deployment and im sure ill have fun doing my first tour :)

Aug 29, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #15 of 26

Quote:

I haven't filled out my dream sheet yet but im trying for ET-NAV :D

Trying for, when I went into the Navy I had a guaranteed "A" School for advanced electronics, and from there we got to choose our "C" schools based upon class standings. I was a NAV ET (S.I.N.S. Ships Inertial Navigation System) and served 6 years, 2 on-board SSBN submarines and 4 on-board Civilian Oceanographic ships. Unless things have changed a lot I'd say study your ass off and you might be able to pick some good duty. I graduated from Great Mistakes in December of 79, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back