Im a new aspiring audiophile and need help finding the right headphones
Nov 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TapedUpBassist

New Head-Fier
hi, like it says in the title, im really new to this whole audiophile thing. it all started when i got a pair of skullcandy (i know what your thinking, but hey, its a step up from stock earbuds) headphones as a birthday present and they blew my mind, and ever since then ive been obsessed with sound quality, i started downloading flac instead of mp3, etc. enough of the back story, i now am on the look out for better headphones since the skullcandy broke and since im new i was hoping you guys would help me since none of the stores around me sell anything besides beats, skullcandy, bose, and cheap sony so i cant listen for my self. since im going to be using them for portable use they need to be sturdy, closed, under or around $150 (US), easily driven without an amp, and preferabley comfortable. also i am a bassist so i love good, strong bass, but i will not be listening to much if at all rap, trance, house, techno, etc, but i would still like good bass, just not over bearing. i will be listening to mainly rock, indie, some metal, ska, punk, etc. thanks ahead of time for your help, and thanks anyway if you dont have time to help, i understand.

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 5
Nov 11, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 5
thank you so much, this information was exactly what i was hoping for to help me really narrow down my options and make a decision. sorry about taking up your time, i should have done more searching before making a post, i should have known that the information was already here, but i was a bit intimidated by all the threads that i didnt know where to start. thanks again.

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 5
No problem. That thread is a great resource, but its not always on the first page - same as with Joker's IEM thread. He is the one you should be thanking XD

And taking up time is what this forum is all about. And taking up money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back