ikko OH10
Feb 29, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #106 of 426
My impressions after a month:

I think the OH10 sounds very close to stuff in the 500-700usd range except when lower-mids and upper bass are main part of the music. It lacks punch and body on that part.

It has its unique take, I think it sounds very engaging and fun. deep bass, clean vocals, smooth treble and huge airy soundstage. Its not reference but sounds realistic enough. Very good resolution while being smooth. Kanas pro/Kxxs sounds kinda lo-fi next to it...

The shells fit well with my medium small ears even though they are heavy. They become bothersome after 4+ hours of usage...
Mine also start to lose its coating, and i took great care of it... :frowning2:

Even though they are not perfect, I still enjoy them and use them daily. I bought them on the spot while trying them side by side with moondrop S8. my jaw dropped when i heard the price...

I use meizu dongle. Mostly listen to ambient techno, female vocals, experimental rock/jazz...

Feb 29, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #107 of 426
My concern with this peeling is more of a health issue that it might cause, we constantly hear about how Chinese paint could be problematic healthwise...

I ordered a Sony N3AP as a replacement to this, but i'm still using it, I also plan to "repaint" in some way.

Mar 6, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #109 of 426
The other way round;

I have an N3AP and thinking if ikko OH10 will be an upgrade or not................

I think voices and percussion are better on the sony, and higher frequencies are more defined too, the soundstage on the sony feels more coherent. The bass I think is a draw, the OH10 has maybe a bit more amplitude. The OH10 is more V shaped then the Sonys but with less definition on highs, the OH10 sound a bit congested like the vocals don't reflect the soundstage or something.

I also bought a etymotic ER2XR, which also sounds nice, a bit cleaner sound and less boomy, both the sony and etymotic have better definition on highs, the sony is more airy.

I prefer the fit on the OH10, and I also like their sound signature(fun sound), it would be my end-game if it wasn't for the bad build quality.

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #110 of 426
I think voices and percussion are better on the sony, and higher frequencies are more defined too, the soundstage on the sony feels more coherent. The bass I think is a draw, the OH10 has maybe a bit more amplitude. The OH10 is more V shaped then the Sonys but with less definition on highs, the OH10 sound a bit congested like the vocals don't reflect the soundstage or something.

I also bought a etymotic ER2XR, which also sounds nice, a bit cleaner sound and less boomy, both the sony and etymotic have better definition on highs, the sony is more airy.

I prefer the fit on the OH10, and I also like their sound signature(fun sound), it would be my end-game if it wasn't for the bad build quality.

Thanks, friend!!

Apr 3, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #116 of 426
Do these still have issues with paint peeling, thats the only thing that is stopping me from picking up a pair. also looking at the ISN Audio H40
Yeah the coating is peeling off on mine. I guess I will only buy traditional resin iem from now on

May 20, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #118 of 426
tried a balanced 4.4 on the DX160 to OH10, added more low end force but would prefer more slam for my preferences

now curious what dap would pair well (must be able to run QQ Music and Apple Music) not just streaming apps
I am thinking to do the same as you...the pw audio no.5. There is now an 8 wire version of no.5. Do you think I should go for that one? Thank you for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back