Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Feb 13, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #916 of 1,351
The XUELIN IHIFI100 Class A portable amp is now out.
As a FYI, since this thread seems to see the most traffic.

Perhaps one of you would like to start a thread on that .

Sorry guy - won't do. I bet this amp won't respond well to FLAC files!BZZZT ZZZZSSSSSSST *ear meltdown*

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #917 of 1,351
Hi, is this a good price for 770c?

http://www.tomtop.com/original-xuelin-ihifi-770c-hifi-music-player-wm8740-ad823lpf-24bit192khz-hd-audio-player-8g-internal-memory-dual-mode-output-lossless-music-player-black-for-128g-memory-card-v1755b.html

Anyone has experience with Tomtop before? Currently I own Fiio X3 (original) and Xduoo X2. Will this offer a different SQ. How's the portability and weight compared to the X3? Appreciate if you can share your thought

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #918 of 1,351
Hi, is this a good price for 770c?

http://www.tomtop.com/original-xuelin-ihifi-770c-hifi-music-player-wm8740-ad823lpf-24bit192khz-hd-audio-player-8g-internal-memory-dual-mode-output-lossless-music-player-black-for-128g-memory-card-v1755b.html

Anyone has experience with Tomtop before? Currently I own Fiio X3 (original) and Xduoo X2. Will this offer a different SQ. How's the portability and weight compared to the X3? Appreciate if you can share your thought

The only thing lighter would be clip+. 103g is pretty darn light and pocket friendly (without protective casing).
Last two fw either gave me good low end reach while remaining tight with superb weight on note impact, or will extended highs with plenty of air and headroom.

From what I read the latest xduoo x3 suffers from pitch problems. This player is friendly with mp3 and wav files, less so with FLAC.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #920 of 1,351
almost 90% of my collection is mp3 320kbps. Is there lagging in the UI. Btw the X3 im referring is from Fiio not Xduoo

There's no lag, especially with the latest fw. FWI read, the Fiio has the best UI and is FLAC friendly.

For my experience with the gen1 770, it used to be 100% 320kbps mp3s, and now less than 10% since I've re-burned my collection into wav files.

Maybe someone else could pitch in. I nearly considered the X3ii at one point but I'm still loving this amped with my Alo Rx.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #922 of 1,351
The latest firmware for the new 770C (with Wolfson DAC 8740) is version 2.02 and can be downloaded from the Xuelin website (i-hifi.com).  I have seen on the Chinese forum today that Xuelin is working on firmware version 2.03 for the new 770C, but no official release date was given; all the post says it that the firmware update will be released soon.  No details as to what the new firmware update will provide either.....

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #925 of 1,351
Would be great to have Rockbox on the new 770C... so I really hope it is not an April fool's joke.

Just noticed that the stock firmware does not sort folders alphabetically. Instead they are displayed in the order in which they were copied to the SD card.

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #926 of 1,351
For those of you who are still interested in the upcoming iHiFi 800 model, I really have no new information re: sale price or exact release date.  The website appears to say that beta testing is near completion and the 800 is still scheduled to go on sale next month.  The biggest news that Xuelin has released on their website is that the 800 model will use a combination of the ES9018k2m DAC and the new Muses 8832 op amp.  They appear to be quite proud of this set-up, so I'm hoping the sound quality matches their enthusiasm.  I guess we'll get to find out in a few more weeks...  I'll be sure to post more info on the 800, if I can convince them to let me know anything else before it is released.

I'm sad they didn't stick with the Muses8832.

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #927 of 1,351
Since my dear Sansa Clip+ seems to have gone bonkers (RB GUI has become a pixellated mess, tried reinstalling it, but there's something corrupted inside), I need to find a new DAP. The 770C is currently on one of those mass buy sites for a good price. I really need to be able to shuffle thru albums, as that is my most used way of music listening these days. Seeing the post above with Rockbox running on a 770C has opened up immense possibilities for this player, if really true. My experience with an xduoo X2 was underwhelming to say the least, so I'm being extra careful this time' round.

Has anyone found a case that works with this DAP?

many thanks

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #929 of 1,351
  This is it:

... and this is not april fool joke :)

That had better not be an April fool's joke, because if it is, it's the meanest one I've ever seen lol!

Where can we get more details? And, will it also apply to the original 770?

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #930 of 1,351
I'm a belt clip kinda guy, so my solution for the 770 was to put it (in it's leather case) into my old Samsung S2 phone case which could clip to my belt. It worked okay, but was a bit bulky and a bit of a pain to pull out whenever I wanted to change volume or change tracks etc.

Well, the other day I was not being careful when I got into a bucket car seat, and the belt clip on the phone case broke off.

The solution? Glue the clip onto the 770 leather case! Old phone case on left and 770 with new clip on the right:

So far it's working great. Less bulky, and I can change volume etc easily while it's clipped to my belt. I don't know how long the clip will stay put, but hopefully a long time (if I'm careful and avoid bucket seats lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back