Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Jun 1, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #407 of 1,351
  Sorry about the delay in my response.  OK, to get started with this process...  I assume you have been to the Xuelin website (i-hifi.com) and you have downloaded the 2 folders you need:  1) Upgrade tools and tutorials download (ihifiupimg.rar), 2) Old 770 firmware update (for the 770) or Old 770C firmware update (for the 770C).  I also assume that you have opened up the Upgrade tools and tutorials folder and downloaded the drivers to your computer (if you didn't already have them to begin with).  I use a PC with Windows 7 and the remainder of the process is pretty simple once you have done it a time or two.  So, once you feel you are ready to upgrade the firmware, open up the "Upgrade tools" folder again and select "RK27Upgrade_I...exe) which should then extract to and open on your computer screen.  The images on the Image tool are not in English on this version, but I can talk you thru the process nevertheless.  First, identify the dialog box in the lower left corner of the image box.  Then plug your 770 into your usb port; the message in the lower left dialog box should change and will now contain  a message that reads something like "...RK27 MSC...".  Once you see this message, then look towards the upper 1/3 of the image box and you will see a small box that has the number 80 in it.  Now, just to the right of the number box, you will see a row of 4 buttons; you will click on the 2nd button just to the right of the number 80 box.  This is the "switch" button.  The message in the left lower dialog box will now change to something that contains "...RK27 Loader..."  Now, just under the row of the 4 buttons, you will see another small dialog box that has the word "Image" on its left side.  Go to the Right side of this same dialog box and click on the button with "..." in it.  This will open a widow where you will select the 770 or 770C upgrade firmware.  Select the firmware upgrade file and press "open".  The firmware img will then appear in the Image dialog box.  After this happens, then go back to the row with the 4 buttons, and click on the 1st box to the right of the number box (which now contains "688135").  This is the Upgrade button.  After you press the Upgrade button, you should start to see message lines appear in the large box that fills the bottom half of the Image.  Once the upgrade process is completed, your 770 will turn off, but then reboot.  After the firmware has been upgraded on your 770, the language on the player will be in Chinese.  If you want to change the language to English or something else, then go to the Settings menu.  Open Settings and choose/select the 7th line, this will let you change the language on the player.  I have performed the upgrade process twice today on my 770 and have had no difficulties.  Let me know if you have any further questions.  Good luck.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #408 of 1,351

So, did you go back to 2.02 due to the "more powerful sound in HO B"? If so, I certainly grok. As far as I am concerned, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", as none of the upgrade features are that meaningful to me. But, if they ever come up with the elusive "rockbox'd 770", I'll probably be all over that!

Well, the sound from HO B was missed and the new firmware really does not seem to handle FLAC any better (and may be worse...). so I saw no reason to stay with the updated versions...

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #409 of 1,351
  Well, the sound from HO B was missed and the new firmware really does not seem to handle FLAC any better (and may be worse...). so I saw no reason to stay with the updated versions...

Gotcha. You know, the thing that bugs me the most about xuelin is that they haven't recognized you as being the xeulin ambassador for the western hemisphere. The least they could do is answer the jdog anointed one's emails. Kinda really bugs me lol!

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #410 of 1,351
  770C-8718_v1.02 for the original 770C link download please

Try this and see if it works; this is the original firmware for the 770C; http://www.shenzhenaudio-show.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ihifi770c.zip  .  If this does not work for you, please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send along a copy.  Good luck.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #412 of 1,351
  Try this and see if it works; this is the original firmware for the 770C; http://www.shenzhenaudio-show.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ihifi770c.zip  .  If this does not work for you, please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send along a copy.  Good luck.

i like original firmware 770c

Jun 2, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #413 of 1,351
Gotcha. You know, the thing that bugs me the most about xuelin is that they haven't recognized you as being the xeulin ambassador for the western hemisphere. The least they could do is answer the jdog anointed one's emails. Kinda really bugs me lol!
lol so true. cheers jdog for keeping up with the rest of us

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #414 of 1,351
Pissed or not pissed about missing the new one by such a small margin and having to use an adapter for my phones, the pairing is phenomenal. The RHA-MA750i just loooves that neutral output of the 770C. The completely black background of the player is also such a wonderful thing for nighttime listening.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #415 of 1,351
Pissed or not pissed about missing the new one by such a small margin and having to use an adapter for my phones, the pairing is phenomenal. The RHA-MA750i just loooves that neutral output of the 770C. The completely black background of the player is also such a wonderful thing for nighttime listening.
curious as to how the synergy adds to your rha.

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #416 of 1,351
Hi guys. I was wondering if somebody else experiences the same issues with I-HiFi 770 after having upgraded to the latest firmware. It seems to me that the new firmware holds less of the battery charge - after playing FLAC files for about 7 hours - 7 hours and a half all the juice is gone. Quite far away from the advertised 13 hours. Most of the times I use the provided cable to charge my player, usually connecting it to a 5V Nexus charger. Other times I use a Microsoft phone cable and charger - they fit into the IHiFi. Am I doing something wrong?

Jun 2, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #417 of 1,351
Hi guys. I was wondering if somebody else experiences the same issues with I-HiFi 770 after having upgraded to the latest firmware. It seems to me that the new firmware holds less of the battery charge - after playing FLAC files for about 7 hours - 7 hours and a half all the juice is gone. Quite far away from the advertised 13 hours. Most of the times I use the provided cable to charge my player, usually connecting it to a 5V Nexus charger. Other times I use a Microsoft phone cable and charger - they fit into the IHiFi. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm sorry, I can't help you with this question. I did not leave the new firmware on my 770 long enough to measure battery life. With previous firmware I was getting 10-12 hrs of battery life playing mp3 and FLAC files. The new 770C (with firmware similar to the new firmware for the 770) is giving me at least 10-12 hrs battery life as well....

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #418 of 1,351
For you that have the 770 and like earbuds, the VE Zens are your buds! They are 320ohm earbuds and really come to life with an amp, but I am amazed at how good they sound straight off of the 770 - awesome synergy. Gotta say that I love both the 770 and the Zens.

And for those of you that are into dusty vintage style headphones, there are some dusty's that sound epic off of the 770. But if I divulge to you what they are, I'm afraid I'll have to kill you lol.

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #419 of 1,351
curious as to how the synergy adds to your rha.

Not sure if I completely understand the question. If you are asking how they synergize, it is I guess mostly due to the very flat nature of the flat headphone output. The RHA borders on too much bass for me and is with some sources, it is also only 16 ohm and therefore I hear hissing on all my devices except the 770c. Something about the 770 helps me hear more microdetails, I think it is just the low noise though and the fact that I can lie completely still in my bed and listen to this setup so it isnt completely fair. 

Mostly the synergy lies in the 770c flat output working really well with a V shaped headphone if you don't want too much of a V 

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #420 of 1,351
Available on Massdrop at $84.99 plus shipping (best price). Hmmmm...

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/xuelin-ihifi770c-music-player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back