Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
May 29, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #376 of 1,351
One thing I want to say is that, coming from an android phone with viper4android, the bass on ihifi 770 is kinda thin. But the sq is great. Maybe I'm too used to artificial bass and effects used on my android. Maybe the bass is just where it must be

May 29, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #377 of 1,351
One thing I want to say is that, coming from an android phone with viper4android, the bass on ihifi 770 is kinda thin. But the sq is great. Maybe I'm too used to artificial bass and effects used on my android. Maybe the bass is just where it must be

and highs... and soundstage...and eq options...and fw updates...Ok I'm done for now...

May 29, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #378 of 1,351
Hi guys

just got the 770c to use with my RHA MA-750i. Love the pairing, really good combo IMO

I have one problem however. I can't connect the headphone directly into the player - it just sounds weird. The reason is because of the inline remote, for some reason it messes up the sound big time. I own a splitter for a 4 pole jack which gives me 2 male jacks, one with audio and one with mic. Using that splitter is the only way for me to use the player with the phones and it sounds sublime like that. 

My question is, do you guys know of a fix on the software side of things or do you know if there is a 4 pole to 3 pole adapter that just ignores the mic, preferably not with any cable, just like a 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter but with 4 pole 3.5 input and 3 pole 3.5 output.

I would love to upgrade on the practical and aesthetic side and instead of having a loose cable to have a very short extension or even better just a small adapter no cable.

May 29, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #380 of 1,351
  Hi guys

just got the 770c to use with my RHA MA-750i. Love the pairing, really good combo IMO

I have one problem however. I can't connect the headphone directly into the player - it just sounds weird. The reason is because of the inline remote, for some reason it messes up the sound big time. I own a splitter for a 4 pole jack which gives me 2 male jacks, one with audio and one with mic. Using that splitter is the only way for me to use the player with the phones and it sounds sublime like that.

My question is, do you guys know of a fix on the software side of things or do you know if there is a 4 pole to 3 pole adapter that just ignores the mic, preferably not with any cable, just like a 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter but with 4 pole 3.5 input and 3 pole 3.5 output.

I would love to upgrade on the practical and aesthetic side and instead of having a loose cable to have a very short extension or even better just a small adapter no cable.

The problem is not the inline remote per se.  It is the three-ringed plug on the cable.  Neither the 770 nor the original 770c do well with earphones with mics due to the plug.  The firmware has nothing to do with it.  The modified 770c accepts the 3-ring plugs as do the 800 and 960s, and my earphones with mics all sound great on these players.  I'm sure you can find an adapter on Amazon or somewhere that will allow you to use your earphones with a mic on the original 770c.  Good luck.  I'll look a bit later this morning and try to find a link I can post here.

May 29, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #381 of 1,351

You may just want to explore some different earphones to get the best sound match for your 770.  The firmware version 2.02 for the 770 gave the "bright HO" more treble and bass boost compared to the latest firmware which has softened things a bit and rendered the bight HO a bit more neutral.  Which version of the firmware is on your player?   I'm not a "basshead" or anything, but I have found the TTPOD 1E and the KZ ED9 work well with the 770s for me, even with the latest firmware release.

May 29, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #382 of 1,351
updated 770c? it literally arrived yesterday and my ebay purchase history has this XUELIN IHIFI770C(Upgrade VER) 8G WM8740 DAC 24Bit/192k HiFi Portale Music Player

How can I see if I have received the wrong version? 

I did some research and learned that one is called a trrs and the other a trs and have ordered a trrs to trs cable.

Edit: Okay, I did a bit of checking into it and I don't have the upgraded version. It's just ebay being unclear, if I go into the purchase details, I get the non upgraded version - I ordered this player 3 days before the upgraded version came not knowing one was coming. Just my luck

May 29, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #383 of 1,351
  updated 770c? it literally arrived yesterday and my ebay purchase history has this XUELIN IHIFI770C(Upgrade VER) 8G WM8740 DAC 24Bit/192k HiFi Portale Music Player

I did some research and learned that one is called a trrs and the other a trs and have ordered a trrs to trs cable.

which color did you get ? please post some pictures.
bigbargainonline  is a respected seller you probably got the new version . few days back i got the mail saying the old 770 & 770C not in production anymore so new 770C is the only available version in the 770 series.which day did you purchased it i think 5th may was the new version was launched but i am can be wrong here.

May 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #384 of 1,351
I guess I already answered it in my edit in case you didn't notice it. Stuck with the old version and incompatible headphones and down 20 bucks in an adapter. Guessing there isn't a schiit like deal to get the device upgraded either.

May 29, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #386 of 1,351
Oh, I actually don't have the takstars anymore, sold them. My headphone collection here is pretty outdated I'm guessing. I don't frequent here as much as I used to due to various reasons, so sorry I can't be of help.

May 29, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #387 of 1,351

yea i missed it.btw how is it working with the takstar pro-80 ?

I pair them with takstar pro 80. Well, the soundstage is good, very good mids and highs. On normal, bass is a bit off. But with bass eq, the bass is punchy, while the hights and mids remains good. Around 45-50 is the preffered volume. For higher volume tracks, 30.

May 29, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #388 of 1,351

Edit: Okay, I did a bit of checking into it and I don't have the upgraded version. It's just ebay being unclear, if I go into the purchase details, I get the non upgraded version - I ordered this player 3 days before the upgraded version came not knowing one was coming. Just my luck

If you are happy with the sound quality you are getting with the original 770C, then you may not want to upgrade the firmware.  But if you load the most recent firmware update for the "old 770C", then your 770C will have essentially the same sound quality as the new modified 770C.  If you find that you don't like the newest firmware update, I can always send you a copy of the older firmware (that I am guessing is on the player you have now) to put back on.  By the way, there are some relatively inexpensive in ear phones that pair well with the 770C, if you are looking for some alternatives; you might look into the KZ ED9 and you can get this one with or without a mic.  I bought one of these off Ali-express for less than US $13.  A recent review has been put up in the Head fi forums for the KZ ED9 and its sibling the KZ ATE (which is supposed to have more bass...).  

May 29, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #389 of 1,351

which color did you get ? please post some pictures.
bigbargainonline  is a respected seller you probably got the new version . few days back i got the mail saying the old 770 & 770C not in production anymore so new 770C is the only available version in the 770 series.which day did you purchased it i think 5th may was the new version was launched but i am can be wrong here.

So, who sent you the e-mail re: fate of the 770s?  Although I can understand that Xuelin may phase out the original 770C, I find it hard to believe that they will also do away with the 770 as well.  They are still actively advertising the 770 on their website and Penon Audio still has the 770 for sale (but not the original 770C).  I would expect bigbargainonline to offer the same versions as Penon Audio... You never can tell with Xuelin, though.  They may come out with a modified 770 or a modified 800 soon.  What I find so interesting about all the 770/770c versions is that the sound quality is really very, very similar on all of them as long as they all have the latest firm-ware updates....  I personally think they have sufficient hardware on the market, all of really good quality, too.  Now it's time to spiff up the firmware....

May 30, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #390 of 1,351
So, who sent you the e-mail re: fate of the 770s?  

few days back i noticed that the old 770 & 770C is missing from their website(http://i-hifi.com/proudut.html) after that i have sent a mail to the shenzhenaudio to know if the old 770 & 770C discontinued they replied via mail that the old 770's are discontinued by the factory.so i think new 770C is only under production.i think this makes sense because as told me before all 770's sounds mostly the same so there is now only one product.

You never can tell with Xuelin, though.  They may come out with a modified 770 or a modified 800 soon.

i want them to modify the 800 and give it a dual ES9018.
btw do all your 770 are back i have also ordered a back one but after seeing the sliver version i am little upset now i want the sliver
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back