Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Jan 18, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #122 of 1,351
Got really interested with 770c given its price. But have some questions to be clarified first.

a. I won't be using this as my main dap. Will be needed for my burn-in locker. Does this continue playing while getting charge?
b. I have seen that "Player output :3.6v" 3600mw as output? A big WOW follows here :) Is it really 3.6v or am I dreaming?!
c. Any opinions regarding Xduoo X2? Will use it solely for burn-in locker use. Which is worth more?

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #124 of 1,351
Yep. A player to be stationed in this locker for this purpose. Was using Teclast X30 for this job.

ps: I just invented the term :) My "burnin locker" is in fact a kitchen cabinet.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #125 of 1,351
  Got really interested with 770c given its price. But have some questions to be clarified first.

a. I won't be using this as my main dap. Will be needed for my burn-in locker. Does this continue playing while getting charge?
b. I have seen that "Player output :3.6v" 3600mw as output? A big WOW follows here :) Is it really 3.6v or am I dreaming?!
c. Any opinions regarding Xduoo X2? Will use it solely for burn-in locker use. Which is worth more?

Ok, to answer your questions:
a.  Yes, the 770 and 770c can play while charging.
b.  According to the specs put out by Xuelin, the "player output is 3.6 V", but the earphone output power is 120 mw + 120 mw/32 ohms; there are 2 HOs, so each has output power of 120 mw/32 ohms.
c.  I don't know anything about the Xduoo X2, sorry.

My guess would be that if you end up buying the 770c for your "burn-in locker", this nice player will find more than a little time out of the kitchen cabinet...

Good luck.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #126 of 1,351
I agree with jdog. The player is too nice to be locked away in your kitchen cabinet. Any old player can burn in headphones. I just use my iPods and Cowon to burn in. My favorite is the Cowon. Will burn in for over a day straight away from the outlet playing only FLAC.

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #127 of 1,351
I would think the 770 still is 240 mw total, whatever jack you put your headphones in.
 There are other listings and descriptions for DAPs and amps that have that format for describing individual channel outputs, and you'd always be using both channels with a TRS plug.
Just my opinion anyhow.

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #128 of 1,351
Hi,

I've just got my xuelin and ran into a few problems. Just wanted to know how you guys solved them.

1. Xuelin needs fat32 formatting for its sd cards, am I right? If not, what formatting is possible? If so, how did you guys get around the 32 gb limit for formatting?

2. I ask this because I found a program to format and windows actually reads and writes it fine. However xuelin doesn't seem to recognize it. What do I need to do ? The firmware is updated at 2.02.

Thanks

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #129 of 1,351
I have always used this for formattting new drives into single Fat32 partitions ( up to a single 2 TB partition )
beerchug.gif
. Always has worked for me over these many years. Great for storage drives.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

there is a link to an .exe file there, just make sure you know which driver letter the SD card is when using it.

I'm pretty sure this is a very commonly used tool for folks.

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #130 of 1,351
  I have always used this for formattting new drives into single Fat32 partitions ( up to a single 2 TB partition )
beerchug.gif
. Always has worked for me over these many years. Great for storage drives.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

there is a link to an .exe file there, just make sure you know which driver letter the SD card is when using it.

I'm pretty sure this is a very commonly used tool for folks.

Yup, that's the one I use as well. Used it to fat32 format my 64G microSD sandisk card, and it works fine in all of my players including the 770. Note that I have had issues with cards other than sandisk, so I just stick with sandisk now.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #134 of 1,351
Hi,
I have already tried those programs and it didn't work for me for some reason.
I didn't want to reply until I retested it.

It has always been returning a "No file!"

My uSD card is a sandisk and windows and mac both read and write fine to it.
The reader is not spoilt. My first time I formatted it through the xuelin and it could read up to the 27gb it formatted.

However with the tools when I formatted it, it cannot read the disk.
I've tried 16k and 32k cluster size both don't work. What are your settings for formatting the disk?

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #135 of 1,351
  Hi,
I have already tried those programs and it didn't work for me for some reason.
I didn't want to reply until I retested it.

It has always been returning a "No file!"

My uSD card is a sandisk and windows and mac both read and write fine to it.
The reader is not spoilt. My first time I formatted it through the xuelin and it could read up to the 27gb it formatted.

However with the tools when I formatted it, it cannot read the disk.
I've tried 16k and 32k cluster size both don't work. What are your settings for formatting the disk?

Are you trying to add files to your microsd card while it is in your Xuelin player?  I can use microsd cards up to 32 gb without problems in the Xuelin player, but when I use my 64 gb card in the player (both 770 and 960), I get a message that says that I need to format the card (or the card is not formatted, or something like this).  I have successfully formatted to my 64 gb microsd card to FAT32 using 2 different formatting tools.  I get around this issue by putting my microsd card into an adapter (either sd adapter or usb adapter) and then I transfer music files directly to the card.  So I don't transfer files to the card while it is in the Xuelin player.  I then use Drivesort to arrange my files.  This method works for me, with both Mediamonkey and windowsplayer.  I'm not sure why this happens, but it's easy to get around and the transfer of files is faster this way, anyway.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back