Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Dec 2, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #856 of 1,351
  Hello Guys,

I recently bought one of the new 770c-s (8740 chip, 2.02 firmware), and I wonder if its defective. Every once in a while when a song should start, it plays as a screeching tweet. If I rewind the song it plays normally, so this is with tracks that play well otherwise.
Does anyone else have this problem? Could this be fixed in the next software upgrade or is this some defect and I should send the player back?

OMG OMG OMG we are totally Xuelin 770 screeching-tweet buddies. 

Pressing the button on top twice to pause the track and then resuming it will fix this as well. It's what I do whenever this occurs. Gawd I hate it when mine does this. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #857 of 1,351
Thanks for the Answer jdog!

Too bad... I was hoping It just does not play high bitrate/high compression flacs. I didnt expect it to randomly go crazy playing files it is usually able to decode. :frowning2:

@Kwangsun
"OMG OMG OMG we are totally Xuelin 770 screeching-tweet buddies."

Yay for Friendsip! :D
I still wish the screech wasn't a Feature tough. The button press pause is new info however. Didn't quite manage to do it. All it does at double press is to turn the Screen on and off. Is there a trick to it? A menu Setting maybe, or is ti Firmware related?

That being said I must say I still have mixed Feelings with the Player. The Sound Quality is good but two things really annoy me. One is the aforementioned screech and the other is that it does not add files stored on the internal Memory and SD card together in the dir menu.
I figured I can solve theese issues by converting my Flacs to Wav with Flac frontend or Flic Flac and storing every song on the SD but Im not happy about it.

A shame really because the SQ at this price totally warrants that the Player does not have burgeois features like gapless playback, reading and searching tags or displaying album art.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #858 of 1,351
Thanks for the Answer jdog!

Too bad... I was hoping It just does not play high bitrate/high compression flacs. I didnt expect it to randomly go crazy playing files it is usually able to decode. :frowning2:

@Kwangsun
"OMG OMG OMG we are totally Xuelin 770 screeching-tweet buddies."

Yay for Friendsip! :D
I still wish the screech wasn't a Feature tough. The button press pause is new info however. Didn't quite manage to do it. All it does at double press is to turn the Screen on and off. Is there a trick to it? A menu Setting maybe, or is ti Firmware related?

That being said I must say I still have mixed Feelings with the Player. The Sound Quality is good but two things really annoy me. One is the aforementioned screech and the other is that it does not add files stored on the internal Memory and SD card together in the dir menu.
I figured I can solve theese issues by converting my Flacs to Wav with Flac frontend or Flic Flac and storing every song on the SD but Im not happy about it.

A shame really because the SQ at this price totally warrants that the Player does not have burgeois features like gapless playback, reading and searching tags or displaying album art.

Okay. So when you press the button once, the screen lights up right? Now you can fix the screeching issue by pausing the track and resuming it. You can do this by either pressing the lit up pause key, or the top button again. Press it once more to resume. So total of 3 presses. Try it next time you hit play on a track.

1. Screen lights up
2. Music pauses
3. Music resumes

The reason why I suggested this is because the button is tactile and easily accessible and allow for quick pausing to fix the issue without relying on the display or opening up the case. You can even access this button with the device never leaving your pocket. So this is what I do everytime.

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #860 of 1,351
Hey @Kwangsun - I noticed that you're planning on getting a dunu 2000 -- you're definitely gonna totally love it with this player!
For most part the provided stock tips + rings will do, but if you happen to have other eartips it can definitely bring out a totally different flavor (better mids and subs with my mtpc gel tips).

Also if you can spare some cash for an Alo Rx....man...it'll be the perfect bookend.

Overall my experience from dunu 2k into the 770 (original) : sweet textured mids (synths will love you lol), and great controlled low end, totally insane clean separation, and everything sounds 3d holographic depth around the centerpiece - the vocals!

I'm just enjoying my setup right now, but I'll be posting up my review of the Rx amp soon featuring this nice setup!

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #861 of 1,351
  Hey @Kwangsun - I noticed that you're planning on getting a dunu 2000 -- you're definitely gonna totally love it with this player!
For most part the provided stock tips + rings will do, but if you happen to have other eartips it can definitely bring out a totally different flavor (better mids and subs with my mtpc gel tips).

Also if you can spare some cash for an Alo Rx....man...it'll be the perfect bookend.

Overall my experience from dunu 2k into the 770 (original) : sweet textured mids (synths will love you lol), and great controlled low end, totally insane clean separation, and everything sounds 3d holographic depth around the centerpiece - the vocals!

I'm just enjoying my setup right now, but I'll be posting up my review of the Rx amp soon featuring this nice setup!

Hi. That was ages ago. hahaha I've since bought the A83 and have no intentions to buy a DUNU2K as I'm slowly moving out of UIEMs and into CIEMs. Also, as it turns out, my A83s are defective so they've been sent in for replacement. Had I known I would have bought the DUNU2K as I have no particular preference over one or the other. At least the DUNU2K have better build quality. The Fidues are pretty sketch. 

Thanks for the message though! Happy listening!

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #862 of 1,351
I'm curious... did that wonderful, new firmware for the NEW 770C ever come out that improves FLAC support and offers album art?  Xuelin promised it would come out months ago, but it doesn't appear to have been released.  ??? 

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #863 of 1,351
  I'm curious... did that wonderful, new firmware for the NEW 770C ever come out that improves FLAC support and offers album art?  Xuelin promised it would come out months ago, but it doesn't appear to have been released.  ??? 

No, it hasn't...  I'm not sure what is going on with Xuelin these days.  They have complaints re: firmware delays all over the Chinese forum site, but this hasn't produced the update yet.  I'll keep my eyes out for the new version, but I'm not t holding my breath.....

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #866 of 1,351
Fact is, for a 100$ it's a pretty decent player. Right now I'm really enjoying my wav files with an semi old/recent fw - the latest has more upfront bass but sacrifices a huge and spacious soundstage!

Properly amped this is a beast! Well implemented Wolfson!

Dec 27, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #867 of 1,351
Fact is, for a 100$ it's a pretty decent player. Right now I'm really enjoying my wav files with an semi old/recent fw - the latest has more upfront bass but sacrifices a huge and spacious soundstage!

Properly amped this is a beast! Well implemented Wolfson!

I agree with you, the sound quality is quite good and very enjoyable.  But this is the major reason (IMO), that the lack of real firmware improvement is so frustrating/disappointing.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #869 of 1,351
jdog, can you run through the newest firmware for me? Or quote me the link to it here. I've lost track of the thread and can't find it. For the 770C 8740

Here is the link to the latest firmware version for the new 770C (8740): http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJSyT0B.  This is the version Xuelin released in 10/15.  This version reduces the start-up time and simplifies navigation.  It's also supposed to support FLAC files better.  Xuelin previously said they were working on another firmware update for the new 770C, and as far as I know, the biggest addition to the still pending firmware update is supposed to be album art...  The Chinese forums are expressing displeasure with Xuelin in numerous threads almost daily, but Xuelin appears to be tuning out their own forum...  It is unclear at present when Xuelin will release another firmware update for the new 770C..

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #870 of 1,351
Please help! Player 770S (VM8740). I tried to separate the display from the printed circuit board (for access to the tracks below the display), the result - cracked screen and was removed SMD element 0603. LCD has been ordered in the store, and the place of this element has been soldered 10K resistor (see photo). Can someone help identify this item in the picture. Thank you! Sorry for the bad english. Link to photo - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex2k2af1vhcgt6z/2016-01-18_20.33.48.jpg?dl=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back